Ben goes to Washington

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But the real question is, how impressed was she with his knowledge of real estate law?

He has people for that. All he needs to do is oversee them and deal with Congress.

Fun Fact: Julian Castro, SecHUD before Carson under Obama, is a professional politician, not a real estate or urban development expert. He has never held a job that he wasn't elected or appointed to. He has a law degree that he has never used for employment, other than to cite it on his candidate bio.

Chris0nllyn

He has people for that. All he needs to do is oversee them and deal with Congress.

Fun Fact: Julian Castro, SecHUD before Carson under Obama, is a professional politician, not a real estate or urban development expert. He has never held a job that he wasn't elected or appointed to. He has a law degree that he has never used for employment, other than to cite it on his candidate bio.

Company Presidents shouldn't actually know about their products or service lines, they just need to deal with the board members?

I understand that seems like how govt. should work, but it's not a stretch to think that Carson, or anyone in a leadership position (who actually wants to be there) could have learned about these things in the almost 2 years he's been in office.

Rep. Porter (who questioned him) is a lawyer. It's not like she's some real estate expert.

She clearly hoped to point out Carson's lack of knowledge and likely to a broader point, Trump's horrible choices for cabinet positions. Mission accomplished I guess.

CPUSA

I have no doubt he didn't know what any of those acronyms are. Had the Congresspukes called them by their rightful name instead of tossing around jargon, he'd have known.
I have no doubt he knew each & every one..
He played them for the ignorant rubes that they are...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have no doubt he knew each & every one..
He played them for the ignorant rubes that they are...

No, I think he was genuinely confused by the terminology, and I think they used the jargon on purpose. Now there are any number of progbots who can't even spell their own name insisting that everyone knows what these terms mean, because all progs are HUD experts of course.

:rolleyes:

CPUSA

You mean the “jargon” used every single day inside of HUD? :lmao:
This man knew more about HUD policy and failures by the time he hit junior high than any one of those policy wonks will ever be able to comprehend.

CPUSA

It won’t end. Government programs or departments or what have you are extremely easy to start up, but neigh impossible to end.

Has a cabinet-level agency ever been abolished? I don’t mean absorbed into another agency and re-named. I mean plainly and simply abolished?
Already giving in without even TRYING to make change...
I bet you submit to every Muslim you meet, you jellyfish..

This_person

We need voters willing to vote in someone who actually wants to do that.
We have: See Ronald Reagan, Donald Trump.

Now we need someone like Trump to actually do it. Or, the Congress folk that have been voted in to do it have to actually start the legislation to force it to happen.

The people clearly want it.

Chris0nllyn

We have: See Ronald Reagan, Donald Trump.

Now we need someone like Trump to actually do it. Or, the Congress folk that have been voted in to do it have to actually start the legislation to force it to happen.

The people clearly want it.

Reagan and Trump have expanded government. I've seen nothing that leads me to believe that Trump is even remotely trying to shrink the size and scope of the govt.

This_person

Oh, if that's the case then every President is the right leadership. :lol:
I get your point, but in reality many presidents and/or candidates ran on raising taxes and expanding government.

I would really love a president who does what he/she says he/she will do in terms of financial restraint, constitutional restraint, etc.

Clem72

Vrai, You're smart-ass detector is broken. I really don't care about his qualifications for being in charge of an office I equally don't care about.

Sapidus

The real answer is 3) she knows that a large percentage of our population is breathtakingly stupid and she plays to that. When she (or any other Dempol) blathers on like that, they are not talking to you and me; they are talking to Tranny, and Stupidus, and MR, and Crow. And it works, as you can clearly see by the posts these folks make right on here.

Because we actually follow real news and know what things like REO stand for despite not leading HUD.

How embarrassing that this is the type of intelligence and behavior you accept form our leaders. Trump can barely form a coherent sentence, Carson has no idea what he is supposed to be doing and Betsy Devos is advocating for teachers to be armed and their funding cut but as long as it pisses off liberals you don't care if the whole country goes to crap.

TCROW

This man knew more about HUD policy and failures by the time he hit junior high than any one of those policy wonks will ever be able to comprehend.

How so?

HUD didn’t exist until Ben Carson was 15 and in high school.

Do you ever tire of being a zero?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
How embarrassing that this is the type of intelligence and behavior you accept form our leaders. Trump can barely form a coherent sentence,

How many buildings have YOUR name on them ...... all you do regurgitate is your NPC Programming aka Progressive Newspeak

Carson has no idea what he is supposed to be doing

based on YOUR incoherent ramblings :lmao:

and Betsy Devos is advocating for teachers to be armed and their funding cut

Teachers Should be armed is the choose to ... I thought you were for Choice ?

Sapidus

How many buildings have YOUR name on them ...... all you do regurgitate is your NPC Programming aka Progressive Newspeak

His fathers name on them*

based on YOUR incoherent ramblings :lmao:

You don't believe he should now what an REO is?

Teachers Should be armed is the choose to ... I thought you were for Choice ?

What?

CPUSA

How so?

HUD didn’t exist until Ben Carson was 15 and in high school.

Do you ever tire of being a zero?
Because he LIVED through it. He lived IN HUD housing.
He's one of the victims of the Dem/Lib failed agenda.
You wanna know the difference between you & Ben Carson?
He escaped his Captors on the Dem plantation...
You LOVE your Stockholm Syndrome