Beatty: "OMWI?"
Carson: "Amway?"

RepKatiePorter: "Do you know what an REO is?"
Carson: "An Oreo?"
Porter: "No, not an OREO. An REO. R-E-O."
Carson: "Real estate…?"
Porter: "What’s the “O” stand for?"

:lol:

Ben is being grilled by House Demotards over fair housing laws and whathaveyou and they're having some fun throwing out acronyms and smugging when he doesn't know WTF they're talking about.

SamSpade

I've READ this but did not see it - is it possible he was joking with them?
When someone is determined to make me look stupid, I usually just let them.
Saves time.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've READ this but did not see it - is it possible he was joking with them?
When someone is determined to make me look stupid, I usually just let them.
Saves time.
I have no doubt he didn't know what any of those acronyms are. Had the Congresspukes called them by their rightful name instead of tossing around jargon, he'd have known.

SamSpade

I have no doubt he didn't know what any of those acronyms are. Had the Congresspukes called them by their rightful name instead of tossing around jargon, he'd have known.
I guess. My mom one worked with him at Hopkins - couldn't begin to describe how brilliant a surgeon he was/is.

TCROW

You mean the “jargon” used every single day inside of HUD? :lmao:

transporter

Spitbubble...Ben Carson is the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development...or didn't you now that?

The Sec HUD should damn well know what REO stands for and what it means. Christ a big chunk of average homeowners who lived thru the Great Recession know what REO means.

SamSpade

Like, with a cloth?
Yup. Somehow, HILLARY presumably being that stupid, doesn't register with any news organization.

The rest of what he had to say, however, was spot on.
There's really no reason why illegal immigrants should be in government housing ahead of legal citizens who have been
waiting for a long time. They shouldn't be there at all, but why should tens of thousands of children not get housing
because illegal immigrants have it?

This_person

Yup. Somehow, HILLARY presumably being that stupid, doesn't register with any news organization.

I always thought ol' Hillz was just phishing for someone to claim she was being sexually discriminated against by a patriarchy that thought she must be dusting her computer or some such crap they come up with.

The only other options are; 1. She's really that stupid, or, 2. She believes we are really stupid enough to think she's that stupid.

I don't believe the answer is 1. I give her far more credit than that (Hank Johnson and AOC notwithstanding, most politicians are not exactly stupid).

That leaves the answer to be 2. That's frightening.

The rest of what he had to say, however, was spot on.
There's really no reason why illegal immigrants should be in government housing ahead of legal citizens who have been
waiting for a long time. They shouldn't be there at all, but why should tens of thousands of children not get housing
because illegal immigrants have it?

I could not agree more. They should not be there at all, and they certainly should not be there ahead of citizens. Seems we have a homeless issue, and maybe that should be solved for citizens before others.

That said, HUD should not exist as a federal agency at all, in my opinion. The real estate associated should be given to the states or cities in which they exist, then the department dissolved.

From HUD's website:
The Department of Housing and Urban Development is the Federal agency responsible for national policy and programs that address America's housing needs, that improve and develop the Nation's communities, and enforce fair housing laws. HUD's business is helping create a decent home and suitable living environment for all Americans, and it has given America's communities a strong national voice at the Cabinet level. HUD plays a major role in supporting homeownership by underwriting homeownership for lower- and moderate-income families through its mortgage insurance programs.​

So, they're supposed to establish policy - that can be done by a presidential advisor, signed off by the president. They're supposed to "improve and develop communities and enforce laws." That's a local thing, not a federal thing. They "create a decent home and suitable living environment for all Americans." Not a single part of the Constitution suggests that the federal government has this authority or "power" to do, and therefore (per the tenth amendment) it does NOT have that authority or power. And, lastly, they underwrite loans - again, no authority, no power, no business doing these things.

Dissolve the agency, as soon as practical. Do NOT give up on the housing - give that to the states, let the states decide what to do with it. If the states don't want it, sell it and be done.

TCROW

How do we end it? I actually thought Reagan was going to, and Dept of Education as well. Clearly, those things didn't happen.

It won’t end. Government programs or departments or what have you are extremely easy to start up, but neigh impossible to end.

Has a cabinet-level agency ever been abolished? I don’t mean absorbed into another agency and re-named. I mean plainly and simply abolished?

This_person

It won’t end. Government programs or departments or what have you are extremely easy to start up, but neigh impossible to end.

Has a cabinet-level agency ever been abolished? I don’t mean absorbed into another agency and re-named. I mean plainly and simply abolished?
I think the closest to that is the ICC.

That doesn't mean it cannot happen. We just need the right government leadership to make it happen.

Clem72

I guess. My mom one worked with him at Hopkins - couldn't begin to describe how brilliant a surgeon he was/is.

But the real question is, how impressed was she with his knowledge of real estate law? I think the only thing we know about his qualifications for this job is his advanced understanding of ancient egyption grain storage techniques.

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The only other options are; 1. She's really that stupid, or, 2. She believes we are really stupid enough to think she's that stupid.

The real answer is 3) she knows that a large percentage of our population is breathtakingly stupid and she plays to that. When she (or any other Dempol) blathers on like that, they are not talking to you and me; they are talking to Tranny, and Stupidus, and MR, and Crow. And it works, as you can clearly see by the posts these folks make right on here.