Benefit Texas Hold'em

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Benefit: Texas Hold'em

For my Dad "John" this Saturday night. VFW In Hollywood/California. Sign up at 4:30 Play at 5:00. Entry Fee is $80.00- $30 goes to my Dad for medical and travel expenses. 50/50 Raffle will also be held. They will also be selling Stuffed ham sandwiches, and other great food. Please if you can only buy a sandwich he would appreciate this. Spread the word thanks. If you need any other info please PM me. If you are unable to make it to the Texas Hold'em Benefit and would like to make a donation please PM me for details. Thanks

Last edited:
M

missperky

cattitude said:
We can't make it ...is there an address/name to send a donation?

I'll find out tomorrow for you, and get back to you.

B

baswm

Was hoping you would bump with an address to send donation to.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
If you are unable to make it to the Texas Hold'em Benefit and would like to make a donation please PM me for details. Thanks

Last edited:
M

missperky

Tigerlily said:
Will the general public be able to come to this? Or is it member's only.

I would think it's open to the public, I am going and I'm not a member, but I can find out.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
If you're looking for another way to raise funds, ask a gas station for permission to pump gas for patrons for donations. We did this a few years back when I was in the AF and we raised a good bit of money. Have a couple signs letting people know what/why you're raising money. :yay:

sunflower

Loving My Life...
crabcake said:
If you're looking for another way to raise funds, ask a gas station for permission to pump gas for patrons for donations. We did this a few years back when I was in the AF and we raised a good bit of money. Have a couple signs letting people know what/why you're raising money. :yay:

Thanks. Its tough to try to think of ways to raise money and try to have some fun.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
sunflower said:
Thanks. Its tough to try to think of ways to raise money and try to have some fun.

This actually was a fun fundraiser ... you get a few people willing to donate a couple hours of their time on a saturday or sunday (or both days if you can swing it) and ya'll just ask patrons if they'd mind you pumping their gas or washing their windshield for a donation. Just be prepared (or even offer) to sign a waiver of liability so that, in the event you get injured somehow, the station is not responsible.

And here's a hint (as trashy as it sounds): the sexier/skimpier the clothing, the better the donations you get. :yay: