Bergdahl heading for harsher general court-martial

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link

"WASHINGTON - The attorney for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who was released in exchange for five Taliban detainees from Guantanamo Bay, says the soldier's case has been referred for trial by a general court-martial. Attorney Eugene Fidell says the convening authority did not follow the advice of the preliminary hearing officer who had recommended that Bergdahl's case be moved only to a special misdemeanor-level military court. Fidell said in a statement Monday that he had hoped the case would not go in this direction.".....>

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Could it be possible that one of obama's pet projects will not be held down to lesser standards by people who actually see justice as what it should be?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

Attachments

• stars.jpg
    stars.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 178

stgislander

PREMO Member
I think nhboy is sharing information that contains misdirection. I think the misdirection is intentional and is meant to "appease".

Headline of Stars and Stripes today (image) "Don't Read Too Much Into Bergdahl Court Martial".

Link:
http://www.stripes.com/experts-downplay-significance-of-a-bergdahl-court-martial-trial-1.384256

Speaking of the Saudi Anti-Terror Alliance, does that mean we can turn the fight against ISIS over to them and get the hell out of the ME?

BigBlue

Could it be possible that one of obama's pet projects will not be held down to lesser standards by people who actually see justice as what it should be?

If found guilty(and I believe he is) I think he should be executed and so should Snowdon.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Just a reflection on my part. When we saw Bergdahl being transferred in the exchange, and he was blinking like he hadn't seen the light of day for a long time, and making those stupid facial expressions, says it all. It looked so fake. He is a traitor. JMO. Thank you, Barry. You released 5 men that hate us in exchange for 1 man that hates us; not to mention his dad that talked Arabic in the Rose Garden. Good job, Barry. You the man! The man of who is still up for debate. And, one more thing Barry, keep on that promise to close Gitmo, and prolong even more the sorrow for those that lost their loved ones on 9/11. I can't believe the projected first trial is 2020. Barack Hussein Obama should have never happened to America. But, then again, Hillary would have been more of the same. America had no chance. Wake up!

Last edited:
Just a reflection on my part. When we saw Bergdahl being transferred in the exchange, and he was blinking like he hadn't seen the light of day for a long time, and making those stupid facial expressions, says it all. It looked so fake. He is a traitor. JMO. Thank you, Barry. You released 5 men that hate us in exchange for 1 man that hates us; not to mention his dad that talked Arabic in the Rose Garden. Good job, Barry. You the man! The man of who is still up for debate. And, one more thing Barry, keep on that promise to close Gitmo, and prolong even more the sorrow for those that lost their loved ones on 9/11. I can't believe the projected first trial is 2020. Barack Hussein Obama should have never happened to America. But, then again, Hillary would have been more of the same. America had no chance. Wake up!

A basic tenet of serving in the military is the understanding the you will not be left behind or forgotten. As an Army veteran, I fully support the decision to get him back, and also to courts martial him as well.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
A basic tenet of serving in the military is the understanding the you will not be left behind or forgotten. As an Army veteran, I fully support the decision to get him back, and also to courts martial him as well.

Agreed..but not in the illegal and unethical manner that the Barry administration went about getting him back. Five top Taliban put back in action for one lousy deserter.

edinsomd

The media, including the S&S article, are downplaying Bergdahl's potential sentence.

ARTICLE 85. DESERTION
"Any member of the armed forces who–

(1) without authority goes or remains absent from his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to remain away therefrom permanently;

(2) quits his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to avoid hazardous duty or to shirk important service; or

(3) without being regularly separated from one of the armed forces enlists or accepts an appointment in the same or another on of the armed forces without fully disclosing the fact that he has not been regularly separated, or enters any foreign armed service except when authorized by the United States; is guilty of desertion.

(b) Any commissioned officer of the armed forces who, after tender of his resignation and before notice of its acceptance, quits his post or proper duties without leave and with intent to remain away therefrom permanently is guilty of desertion.

Any person found guilty of desertion or attempt to desert shall be punished, if the offense is committed in time of war, by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct, but if the desertion or attempt to desert occurs at any other time, by such punishment, other than death, as a court-martial may direct."

ARTICLE 99. MISBEHAVIOR BEFORE THE ENEMY
"Any person subject to this chapter who before or in the presence of the enemy–

(1) runs away;

(2) shamefully abandons, surrenders, or delivers up any command, unit, place, or military property which it is his duty to defend;

(3) through disobedience, neglect, or intentional misconduct endangers the safety of any such command, unit, place, or military property;

(4) casts away his arms or ammunition;

(5) is guilty of cowardly conduct;

(6) quits his place of duty to plunder or pillage;

(7) causes false alarms in any command, unit, or place under control of the armed forces;

(8) willfully fails to do his utmost to encounter, engage, capture, or destroy any enemy troops, combatants, vessels, aircraft, or any other thing, which it is his duty so to encounter, engage, capture, or destroy; or

(9) does not afford all practicable relief and assistance to any troops, combatants, vessels, or aircraft of the armed forces belonging to the United States or their allies when engaged in battle;

shall be punished by death or such punishment as a court- martial may direct."

Although I doubt he'll ride the gurney, these are very serious offenses, and I'm glad the 4 Star ignored political pressure and went for a GCM.