Bernard "The Executioner" Hopkins, 48, wins title

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Bernard Hopkins beats Tavoris Cloud to win IBF light heavyweight boxing title - News | FOX Sports on MSN

Add another name to Bernard Hopkins' list of victims.

Hopkins became the oldest boxer to win a major title on Saturday night, scoring a 12-round unanimous decision over Tavoris Cloud to claim the IBF light heavyweight championship.

"It feels good. It feels real good," Hopkins said. "I'm going to Junior's (Restaurant and) I'm going to have cheesecake."

The 48-year-old Hopkins broke the record he set by beating Jean Pascal for the WBC light heavyweight title on May 21, 2011. When asked which fight meant more, Hopkins said "tonight was better. Because I'm older. (It's) more gratifying.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Good quote...

Bernard Hopkins: Don King is no more!

“It’s bigger than [winning] to me,” explained Hopkins of his refusal to accept the status quo. “We have kids in this country where 80% of them are obese. They’re eating the wrong things, doing the wrong things. And I could be the poster boy that you can do it this way. I made myself that. Because they don’t want me to be, because I’m not the right type of person they want to use, because I’m not going to throw money around to make a fool of myself, or wear a hat backwards and show my underwear to get ratings. I’m not going to play their game. Some admire it, some despise it, and some go wherever the wind blows.”