Best and Worst Marinas in the area?

Agee

What area are you interested in? Solomons has some great facilities, probably the best and of course the most expensive is Zanhisers. There is also Spring Cove, Calvert Marina, Town Creek. Just across the bridge there are some small marinas (N. Patuxent Beach Rd) Boattell, and a couple of family run marinas with few ammenities, but inexpensive slips.

You have Tall Timbers, and Cedar Cove off Rt 249. There are two marinas at the end of Clarks Landing Rd, and a few down in Ridge/Dameron.

Good Luck

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
mizteresa1965 said:
Cather's Marina, in Coltons Point. It's owned by brothers Don and Andy Cather. Very good, very honest. 301-769-3335.
:yeahthat: They are great people.

danceintherain

Thanks for the info. I think we would prefer to stay in St. Marys. Not too familiar with whats around. Would like to find one that has a picnic area, play ground, swimming pool, boatyard service.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
danceintherain said:
Thanks for the info. I think we would prefer to stay in St. Marys. Not too familiar with whats around. Would like to find one that has a picnic area, play ground, swimming pool, boatyard service.

you need to find a camp ground.

mingiz

Horse Poor
danceintherain said:

Point Lookout marina in Ridge has picnic tables, pool, resturaunt and boatyard service. Not sure about a play ground. Thier on Smith Creek which takes you out to the Potomac River

LuckyDog4

Live2Ride; Ride2Live
Do you have access to the base? :yay:They have a marina there. There prices are very reasonable. Other than the one on base, I don't know what to tell you. :ohwell:

SpeedyG

CrunchTime said:
Do you have access to the base? :yay:They have a marina there. There prices are very reasonable. Other than the one on base, I don't know what to tell you. :ohwell:
The marina on base doesn't have much to offer except a place to launch, gas and slips. Plus anyone you want to take out there has to have base access. And when that north east wind blows watch out!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Smooth is one of the worst Marinas I've ever met...

That IS the feminine form of Marine isn't it??

ashliekay711

Suz' said:
Boatel California is the only one that has SOME of his requirements that I know of.

yes botel California all all of this except a playground... they have a couple of like baby slides by the pool but noting extravagant

chrissyhh

Dennis Point Marina in Drayden.. Very nice place they have a pool, small play ground and its a nice protected harbor.

Idiot

Pirate's Cove Marina on Cobb Island has a really nice play ground right beside it. No pool, but there's a coffee shop w/wifi nearby.

spookthis

Dennis Point Marina in Drayden.. Very nice place they have a pool, small play ground and its a nice protected harbor.
:yeahthat:

It is on Carthagena Creek. They have more going on in the summer with live music, outside bar and fireworks during certain holidays. I believe it is under new ownership this season.