Best appetizer ever?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There was a place in Frederick MD downtown that had an app called "Exploding Shrimp". It was jumbo shrimp wrapped in phyllo dough, then deep fried, making the dough "explode" into crunchy shards. Served with a garlic remoulade, and it was incredibly delicious. I've never seen it anywhere else and I wish I had some right now.

I love creative appetizers. I'd rather have that than a meal. Most food is boring and appetizers are an afterthought, so I appreciate it when a restaurant puts in some effort. With veggies, too. When a restaurant has interesting vegetables/sides instead of the disgusting "vegetable medley" that is just pure laziness on a plate, it becomes my favorite restaurant.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
There was a place in Frederick MD downtown that had an app called "Exploding Shrimp". It was jumbo shrimp wrapped in phyllo dough, then deep fried, making the dough "explode" into crunchy shards. Served with a garlic remoulade, and it was incredibly delicious. I've never seen it anywhere else and I wish I had some right now.

I love creative appetizers. I'd rather have that than a meal. Most food is boring and appetizers are an afterthought, so I appreciate it when a restaurant puts in some effort. With veggies, too. When a restaurant has interesting vegetables/sides instead of the disgusting "vegetable medley" that is just pure laziness on a plate, it becomes my favorite restaurant.
I had a bunch of appetizers at Nolis for dinner tonight, the arrancini were the best of the bunch.

rio

That sounds amazing!!!