Best Athlete I've Seen in Person.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Was at Pimlico when he won the Preakness, was probably more impressed with his last-to-first move going about 5 wide in the first turn than his romp in the Belmont.

Athlete Secretariat was. Perhaps the greatest race horse ever, challanged maybe only by Seabiscuit. The only human athlete I can say that I personally knew, and you will probably laugh at this, is Warren Sapp. He could throw an incredibly tight spiral on target to the WRs, punt and place kick the crap out of the football, an all everything in Fl at linebacker and tight end. He was also a slick fielding 3B and HR slugger. That is just high school, not mentioning his physical prowess at the U, the NFL, and errrr.....fathering babies out of wedlock.....errrrr. HIs speed, at around 310 pounds at interior lineman - both quick and fast (second to none), reactions, and being in the right place at the right time on the field was phenemonal, which resulted in a first ballot selection to the HOF. Notwithstanding his off field controversies, his athletic abilities are second to none for his position and sport. He was a good guy, as well, at least to me.

Last edited:

Grumpy

Athlete Secretariat was. Perhaps the greatest race horse ever, challanged maybe only by Seabiscuit. The only human athlete I can say that I personally knew, and you will probably laugh at this, is Warren Sapp. He could throw an incredibly tight spiral on target to the WRs, punt and place kick the crap out of the football, an all everything in Fl at linebacker and tight end. He was also a slick fielding 3B and HR slugger. That is just high school, not mentioning his physical prowess at the U, the NFL, and errrr.....fathering babies out of wedlock.....errrrr. HIs speed, at around 310 pounds at interior lineman - both quick and fast (second to none), reactions, and being in the right place at the right time on the field was phenemonal, which resulted in a first ballot selection to the HOF. Notwithstanding his off field controversies, his athletic abilities are second to none for his position and sport. He was a good guy, as well, at least to me.
And his backup in college was???????

Grumpy

I'm a Canes fan since moving to Fl in 1976, and I don't know. 😛

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Exactly, 1 or 2 yrs as backup if I remember correctly.
The Canes had so many great players at all positions for 20 years you literally need an extensive program to list them all. 1983 - 2002 was the halcyon days for them, and me.