Best Breakfast in Southern Maryland !

SamSpade

Tall Timber's Sunday Brunch. Hands down.

Seems to be a favorite - I'll have to go there sometime.

I think I've had breakfast/brunch at almost every restaurant in this area, at least once, and prior to this thread, I would have said - home, hands-down, or possibly at in-laws (wife's mom is a great cook). I've yet to go to a local restaurant that I'd say serves a *great* breakfast, and I usually order lunch when everyone else is eating breakfast food.

It may well be that there's a limited number of things most of us think of as breakfast food. I mean, how many different ways can you make eggs, bacon, pancakes, sausage, biscuits and so on that makes them all truly memorable? I think some of the most memorable breakfasts I've had, have been travelling. In Ethiopia, they served all kind of items that looked for all the world like taquitos or samosas or spring rolls or potstickers, and they were great. In Salem MA, an old fashioned restaurant I went to had the most amazing puffed bread rolls I've ever had, and a fair collection of seafood dishes for breakfast which I never saw elsewhere. In Russia, they had the best variety of cheeses, meats and fish.

So I guess if you want me to say - best breakfast place - it's going to have to go beyond eggs and bacon.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So I guess if you want me to say - best breakfast place - it's going to have to go beyond eggs and bacon.

Then you want the Rusty Scupper up in B'more. It's overwhelming.

I'm a minimalist when it comes to breakfast, so basic foods done right are perfect for me. This place I stopped at in Iowa during my travels was like going to Grandma's house: house made jam and fresh baked bread, local bacon and sausage, like that. Just basic breakfast foods, nothing out of the ordinary, but everything was amazing.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Seems to be a favorite - I'll have to go there sometime.

They put out a pretty big selection of things. Probably about a dozen or so different items..everything from gravy and biscuits to homade cobbler...waffle maker...pancakes....ham, bacon, sausage, scrapple, hash...grits..taters...fresh fruit bar...pastries....cheesy scrambled egss..eggs benedict ... an omelet bar with every ingredient you can think of, manned by an excellent chef named Claudia. And the best damned Bloody Mary's that ever tickled a tonsil.

bilbur

Bretton Bay Golf and Country Club has a tasty breakfast, eggs, bacon, home fries, toast, and a bloody marry. Good way to star a golf round. Cracker-Barrel has a good country fried steak and eggs breakfast but I am not a fan of some of their other selections. Not in SOMD but the best breakfast ever was when I was a kid and the family would take a trip to King's Dominion. We would always stop by a place called Aunt Jennies for breakfast and it was great, unfortunately I heard they closed.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
my wife does the best fluffy eggs,

I oven bake the Maple Bacon
and the hash browns are fried fast in coconut oil, for brown outside, and soft inside

otherwise if I want to eat out: Double T Diner in Annapolis ....

12 Defense St.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If we're going to go outside the tri-county area, you can't get better than Chick & Ruth's in Annapolis.