Best cribbing collar?

breezy9999

K so I have a cribber that I need a collar for. Before I go and spend money on the expensive dare or miracle collar please let me know what u guys think. I have also heard good about the French collars. Just no idea what to get! Thanks! Oh and he is a mild cribber if that helps:)

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
miracle collar is the only one..I might have an extra let me look around...I would not use the nut cracker one...miracle collar on and you will not even know you own a cribber

highnote

The metal nut cracker type is junk. Miracle collar usually works but i've had a horse who would crib even with it on (in those cases the company offers full money back). Elam started carrying a new kind... made by DARE... never tried it but it is different from the miracle collar and nutcracker.

highnote

Heres the info on that dare collar:

Unique patent pending throat design keeps collar in place and puts a stop to even the worst cribbers!

# Designed by Professional Horseman Rusty Dare

# Only one strap needed to keep collar in place

# Does not need to be fastened as tight as other cribbing collars

# Can be positioned from either side of the horse

# From the Schutz Brothers

highnote

And also thought I should mention topicals... not usually an option if you board your horse, but if the horse is kept at your place and you apply to all the surfaces it may work. This is the one I've heard the best things about:

Bitterlicks
How To Stop Horse Cribbing

spellbound

The Miracle Collar is the only one I ever tried, and it only helped on my mare if it was adjusted extremely tight. With it being so tight, it rubbed the hair off and made sores, even with the fleece covers on.