Best fast food burger

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Each week I'm getting a burger, fries, and chicken tenders from a different fast food place to see which one is best.

Last week was Hardee's and it was super good. The burger was flavorful and meaty, the fries were the skinny crispy ones I love, and the tenders were some of the best I've ever had. Like, ever. 4.5 stars out of 5

Today I got Culvers and probably will never do it again. The fries were meh and pointless, the tenders were truly bad, and the burger was tasty but had too much bun going on. 2 stars out of 5.

Here are the next ones on my list:

Sonic
Wayback Burger
Wendy’s
McDonalds
Burger King
Whataburger

I'm leaving Whataburger for last because I'm biased in favor of it, although I've never had their chicken tenders and don't even know if they have them.

What's your favorite ff burger?

Bobwhite

Each week I'm getting a burger, fries, and chicken tenders from a different fast food place to see which one is best.

Last week was Hardee's and it was super good. The burger was flavorful and meaty, the fries were the skinny crispy ones I love, and the tenders were some of the best I've ever had. Like, ever. 4.5 stars out of 5

Today I got Culvers and probably will never do it again. The fries were meh and pointless, the tenders were truly bad, and the burger was tasty but had too much bun going on. 2 stars out of 5.

Here are the next ones on my list:

Sonic
Wayback Burger
Wendy’s
McDonalds
Burger King
Whataburger

I'm leaving Whataburger for last because I'm biased in favor of it, although I've never had their chicken tenders and don't even know if they have them.

What's your favorite ff burger?
I recently had a cheeseburger at Cracker Barrel and was very pleasantly surprised. I never expected one that good from Cracker Barrel.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Probably Five Guys. I like Fuddruckers too, but there are so few of those around.
just last month we stopped at the Fuddruckers in Fredericksburg after an IKEA trip - husband and I ready for some good burgers and nostalgia - grossest place I'd eaten in a while. Like, had I not been with a hangry toddler, and seen the state of the booths and condiment/toppings bar before ordering, I would've walked out. We absolutely regretted that. The place was trashed and every single person behind the counter or in the kitchen looked like repeat/long-term felons. Even my husband was uncomfortable with some of the cooks. Nothing like it used to be 😢

SamSpade

This will sound weird - but I don't like cheeseburgers to be neat and clean - I like them kind of greasy and nasty. Neat and clean USUALLY means, lacking taste. Greasy and sloppy - full of flavor.

So I gotta go with Checkers. Yep. I do like Fuddruckers, mainly because the damned thing is HUGE, but I haven't been to one in years, because the only one I've ever been to is in the Inner Harbor (and I THINK it's gone, now).

stgislander

PREMO Member
Yep. I do like Fuddruckers, mainly because the damned thing is HUGE, but I haven't been to one in years, because the only one I've ever been to is in the Inner Harbor (and I THINK it's gone, now).
This the only one I ever went to.

SamSpade

This the only one I ever went to.
Just looked it up. Yep. Gone. One of my best friends insisted on going there before every Orioles game.
Said it was the best. He now has some place up in York he thinks is better, but the name escapes me.
Just that their burger is like a meal in itself.

SamSpade

Just looked it up. Yep. Gone. One of my best friends insisted on going there before every Orioles game.
Said it was the best. He now has some place up in York he thinks is better, but the name escapes me.
Just that their burger is like a meal in itself.
Found it. Primanti Brothers. Never been to one. He says everything of theirs is the best of its kind - burgers, cheesesteak, reubens - if they make it, it's the best.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
This will sound weird - but I don't like cheeseburgers to be neat and clean - I like them kind of greasy and nasty. Neat and clean USUALLY means, lacking taste. Greasy and sloppy - full of flavor.

So I gotta go with Checkers.
I'm glad you went there first. I was going to say Checkers too, but I know how many here barf over that idea. I like a 'wet' burger too, not to point of falling apart everywhere, but I hate dry burgers.

However, if I want homefries for b'fast, I get Five Guys. Those fries are the best when grilled nice and crispy in Crisco.

TPD

the poor dad
Hardee's used to be my go to for a burger but the closest one I know of now is in Ashland. So my local goto ff burger is now Wendy's - jr bacon cheeseburger.

Bonehead

Dairy Queen flame thrower, if you like spicy or Day's off deli carolina reaper burger, devil burger.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

:thewave:

But I don't care for Checkers. They have an odor that I find nauseating. But their batter fries are all that :yum:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Five guys for burgers. Checkers is good, but if I’m going there it’s for the apple pies