Best Gift Ever?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
All these worst gift treads and dog house treads, and so forth are sad.

What was your best gift ever? And maybe even divide it up - best gift as a child and best gift as an adult.

My best gift ever was a pink and white hula hoop. I wish I still had it. :lol:

As an adult, my dad sent me $300 the year before he passed with a note that not a penny was to go to bills or living expenses, just buy myself the things that I wanted that I wouldn't normally buy. That was fun and probably one of the few times in my life I have ever gone and "blown" money on myself.

SoMDGirl42

I found out on Mother's day I was pregnant, she was born the day after Christmas. Best gift ever!

Dressed in her Santa Clause suit for New Years dinner since I never got Christmas dinner.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

kvj21075

Meow
as a child, i got a dirtbike!!!!! the ultimate gift!

and as an adult, its sad to say i cant think of one right now....... i guess it owuld be this year cause im buying myself gifts! im wrapping them up and theyre going to say "to:me" and "from:me" except the gifts i alreayd started using lol

Gwydion

I didn't get much at Christmas growing up. Nor do I get much now.

*queue the elevator music*

The best christmas present I ever got (and will continue to get) is getting my whole family together. It is the only day of the year that it happens.

LadyWolf

I found out on Mother's day I was pregnant, she was born the day after Christmas. Best gift ever!

Dressed in her Santa Clause suit for New Years dinner since I never got Christmas dinner.

Well, I can't beat that. I don't think there is a gift that beats that. I'll never have that gift, no matter how much I want it.

LadyWolf

Best Christmas gift as a child was my "Purple Banana Seat" bike. As an adult....the gift was a pair of diamond earrings from a male person whom I never expected to get a gift from. It wasn't so much the earrings as it was him giving them to me.

The other gift was my puppy but I kind of had to "beg" for the puppy. It makes a difference when you have to ask and beg for something. Not sorry I got her, just wish I hadn't had to ask and beg for her.

T

toppick08

For me.......coming to this forum, where I have meet so many wonderful people and friends, during a transition/difficult point in my life....God Bless you all.

belvak

Happy Camper

My Son was born two days after Christmas! He was our first, so I would have to say that was my best gift as a grown-up. As a kid, I think it was the year I got a guitar. I wanted that thing so bad!! Ended up getting bored with it and my Brother picked it up. He now has pretty big guitar collection. :lmao:

Cowgirl

As a child (teen), the best present was a horse.

As an adult? Hmm...that's a tough one. Bare Minerals maybe. :shrug:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I got a doll that drinks, pees and got a diaper rash. It was my favorite at age 4 :lol:
When I was 14 my parents split and I was living with my mother. Mom and I didn't have much so my brother bought me a cd player, 4 cds (Dee Lite, The Cure and De La Soul) and took me clothes shopping. I still have one of the outfits he bought me. My brother is the best :huggy:
Last year I got a 65 convertible VW beetle
:whoosh:

Attachments

• daniearlyyears5.jpg
    daniearlyyears5.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

kvj21075

Meow
I didn't get much at Christmas growing up. Nor do I get much now.

*queue the elevator music*

The best christmas present I ever got (and will continue to get) is getting my whole family together. It is the only day of the year that it happens.
i could care less about quality time with friends and family! give me the presents!!!! :yahoo:

Mojo

It certainly wasn't my best present but it was defininitely my most memorable Xmas. I was in Boot Camp and our Drill Instructor woke everyone up at Midnight, screaming "Santa Claus is black this year Mutha ####ers". We all had to put our sweaters on and do exercises in the shower room where they had been running steaming hot water for who knows how long. Everyone was choking and coughing because we couldn't even breath. Awwwwww good times.

PureMuscle

It certainly wasn't my best present but it was defininitely my most memorable Xmas. I was in Boot Camp and our Drill Instructor woke everyone up at Midnight, screaming "Santa Claus is black this year Mutha ####ers". We all had to put our sweaters on and do exercises in the shower room where they had been running steaming hot water for who knows how long. Everyone was choking and coughing because we couldn't even breath. Awwwwww good times.

D.I. PureMuscle is back for another tour of duty Mutha####a! Get down and dirty, boy!

ewashkow

My best gift ever was a Teddy Ruxpin. I loved that thing. I played the tapes that came with it it so often that my family was thrilled when I accidentally killed him. What can I say-I was four and no one told me that electronics didn't mesh well with water.

M

Method_Man

My best gift ever was a Teddy Ruxpin. I loved that thing. I played the tapes that came with it it so often that my family was thrilled when I accidentally killed him. What can I say-I was four and no one told me that electronics didn't mesh well with water.

TR is my homey! He can spit mad Wu-Tang lyrics!

lovinmaryland

I love all my kids equally... but I must say having a baby at christmas time was my favorite Christmas gift ever!

Attachments

• jack.jpg
    jack.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 38
  • babyjack2.jpg
    babyjack2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 41