Best Modern Rock & Roll Song

Dude! The awesomest modern rock & roll song is...

• That cover of the old 70's song with the great riff and the dude singing

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • The cover of that old 70's song that the chick did... where she was almost naked in the video!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That song where the dude, who plays with that other band, plays with that old dude

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That song where they sample some old 70's song and curse a lot

• That song from the dude who's the first to combine like rock and Black music

• Total voters
B

Bruzilla

Since some of you think that more recent songs should qualify on a best rock & roll song poll, I thought I would do one just for you guys. :howdy:

Mr Speedo

Bruzilla said:
Since some of you think that more recent songs should qualify on a best rock & roll song poll, I thought I would do one just for you guys. :howdy:

Well, dude... if you're talking recent, there are some very good ones out there. I personally like "you might as well be walkin on the sun" by Smash Mouth, released in the Summer of 1997. It just felt good to bop along with such a rythmic trance like beat with and old Hammond B3 organ wailing in the background. And it caught on; note that it was so popular, staying on top of the billboard charts, that folks carried it as a party anthem song (I know I did) all the way to Super Bowl XXXII in San Diego where John Elway led the Broncos to the a stunning win over the Green Bay Packers.

But my vote for all time ROCK song for as long as Ive been listening has to be:

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON, Pink Floyd, from the album of the same name (duh) released 24 March 1973... but who was listening anyway. Oh, that would have been me :howdy:

Last edited by a moderator:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
JetBluSpeedo said:
Well, dude... if you're talking recent, there are some very good ones out there. I personally like "you might as well be walkin on the sun" by Smash Mouth, released in the Summer of 1997. It just felt good to bop along with such a rythmic trance like beat with and old Hammond B3 organ wailing in the background. And it caught on; note that it was so popular, staying on top of the billboard charts, that folks carried it as a party anthem song (I know I did) all the way to Super Bowl XXXII in San Diego where John Elway led the Broncos to the a stunning win over the Green Bay Packers.

But my vote for all time ROCK song for as long as Ive been listening has to be:

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON, Pink Floyd, from the album of the same name (duh) released 24 March 1973... but who was listening anyway. Oh, that would have been me :howdy:
I thought you would have said Big Country because of all the bagpipes in the background.

I agree about Pink Floyd, but what about Guns and Roses November Rain or Sweet Child of Mine...