Best Pizza in SOMD is...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, I didn't like that at all, if that's New York style.

I don't like a lot of crust unless it's Anna's in Williamsburg where they use 00 flour.

NY style = thin, greasy, cheap, very little topping, gotta fold the slice over or it blops all over the place. You don't get a fresh pie, you have to get a warmed up slice that's been sitting on the counter all day. Monello loves it but I'm not a fan.

gotta fold the slice over or it blops all over the place.
Trivia: When you fold a slice to eat it, it's called 'eating Brooklyn style'. And the reason for this is that a "slice" from a real NY pie is 2-3 times the size of a slice anywhere else.

Hank

my war
If you haven't tried Napoli's, do so... They have been there forever. Since the 70's, I believe... Mama Mia's was another good one in Waldorf, but the old man retired and they sold the biz.

PeoplesElbow

I don't like a lot of crust unless it's Anna's in Williamsburg where they use 00 flour.

NY style = thin, greasy, cheap, very little topping, gotta fold the slice over or it blops all over the place. You don't get a fresh pie, you have to get a warmed up slice that's been sitting on the counter all day. Monello loves it but I'm not a fan.
That is also my take on some of that pizza, I have had that exact same thing from a gas station in south carolina.

Hank

my war
I haven't been up to Waldorf in about 2 years.

I know you are a NY native & pizza guy... You ever check out Barstool Pizza reviews with Dave Portnoy (The Prez)... Most of his reviews are based in NYC. ... When I lived in Brooklyn, I had 3 excellent joints within a 4 block radius.