Best roast ever? Try slow roasting

Clem72

I admit I :eyebrow: when Monello said he was going to do the rib roast low and slow. I'm a hot and fast rib roaster and I was sure the low/slow would overcook it.

Nope.

The roast was a gorgeous med rare and extremely flavorful. He is in charge of Christmas dinner from now on. :starcat:

This is a good application for immersion cooker/Sous Vide. Let it cook overnight at 170 degrees, take it out and stick it under the broiler for 3-5 minutes to get a nice crust.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
This is a good application for immersion cooker/Sous Vide. Let it cook overnight at 170 degrees, take it out and stick it under the broiler for 3-5 minutes to get a nice crust.
My smoker will hold at that temp pretty easily, maybe just put it wrapped to keep the smoke to a minimum.

Clem72

My smoker will hold at that temp pretty easily, maybe just put it wrapped to keep the smoke to a minimum.

I have always been hit or miss with the smoker. If you have the skills and the tools then more power to you, i'm sure it comes out great. My $39 immersion cooker does an okay job for my tastes.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
We've smoked a standing rib roast a couple times. Trying to convince the guy to do that again this year. I can never remember his specifics - temps, times, wraps, etc. He takes care of all that, but I do remember it being pretty straight forward. Also that it was and still is the best tasting meal I've ever had.

General Lee

Alright folks, I'm trying this method tonight. Stay tuned. I doing two separate cuts at the same time. I have a chuck roast and a bottom round.