Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Let's Spend the Night Together - Rolling Stones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
B

Bruzilla

Rather than endure a long and arduous round-robin of gayish song polls from Larry, for which we'll all be classics before we discover what number 1 is, I thought we could just cut to the chase: :howdy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Angel

~*~*~
I was so torn and cannot believe I was made to choose... I love them all, but for this poll I must choose White Zombie.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Bruzilla said:
Rather than endure a long and arduous round-robin of gayish song polls from Larry, for which we'll all be classics before we discover what number 1 is, I thought we could just cut to the chase: :howdy:
No Pink Floyd, Iron Butterfly, Deep Purple, Hendrix, Blue Oyster Cult, Black Sabbath ... This doesn't even qualify as a good classic rock poll.

This is a "Which one of Bruzilla's favorites do you like best" poll.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I can't believe Spinal Taps - Big Bottom didn't make the list.

Agee

Bruzilla said:

Your intellect at times is impressive, but there are times when you are a total wanker.

Have a nice day

Otter

Nothing to see here
MMDad said:
... This doesn't even qualify as a good classic rock poll.

Exactly...like all the songs listed, but only a couple are rockers..Rockers have to have a quick beat, driven singing and blazing guitars, IMO. Nothing against any of the songs listed here, but Larry's list fits my definition of Rock-n-Roll better. Songs like Boom Boom Out Go the Lights is a perfect example of what I call a true rock song. Or going way back, Mitch Ryders Devil With a Blue Dress On/Good Golly Miss Molly is another rocker. My 2cents. :whistle:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

Bruzilla said:

...I laughed!

:razz:

B

Bruzilla

MMDad said:
No Pink Floyd, Iron Butterfly, Deep Purple, Hendrix, Blue Oyster Cult, Black Sabbath ... This doesn't even qualify as a good classic rock poll.

Actually... aside from Freebird the only entry that qualifies as "Which one of Bruzilla's favorites do you like best" would be More Human Than Human. I don't like Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith's old stuff, and I loathe the Rolling Stones. I also think that AC/DC's Hells Bells rates higher than Back in Black, but the popular wisdom is against me.

B

Bruzilla

otter said:
Songs like Boom Boom Out Go the Lights is a perfect example of what I call a true rock song. Or going way back, Mitch Ryders Devil With a Blue Dress On/Good Golly Miss Molly is another rocker. My 2cents. :whistle:

Another listener of "rock & roll classics" instead of "classic rock & roll".

morganj614

Bruzilla said:

Classic Rock and Roll would be Elvis. All the way. Blue Suede Shoes, Jail House Rock, etc...Rock and Roll at it's beginning and best.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Bruzilla said:

Don't blame me, you're the one that listed "Hotel California" and "Lets Spend The Night Together" as rock-n-roll. :killingme

MMDad

Lem Putt
Bruzilla said:
I also think that AC/DC's Hells Bells rates higher than Back in Black, but the popular wisdom is against me.
:yay: I agree. I like the older AC/DC (Big Balls), but Hells Bells would have to be their "most rocking" song.

Agee

otter said:
Don't blame me, you're the one that listed "Hotel California" and "Lets Spend The Night Together" as rock-n-roll. :killingme

Good Point!

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">These are people of the forum. The common clay of the new Internet. You know... morons. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's a tossup between AC/DC and The Who.

Although More Human is one of my favorite songs. I want more life, ####er, I ain't done, yeah!

Agee

Toxick said:
:sigh:

Another list where most of the songs were recorded many hundreds of years ago.

Okay," Mister no scatchy record dude", show me your best 8-track...

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Airgasm said:
Okay," Mister no scatchy record dude", show me your best 8-track...
My Dad has The Who on 8-track. He's going to install a player in his Cuda when he's finished restoring it.