BEST shows

fredsaid2

Did anyone go to either one over the weekend? Would love to hear what you thought of it, how well attended, etc....

Sparks

Not well attended at all, but it was thier first show. They didn't get the prize list out until maybe March and I was told most of the big lesson/show barns around here that do MSA/SMHA had pretty much already planned the summer's show calendar. I think they'll be better attended as more people find out about them.

I certainly wish them luck and hope they continue this series. I like the selection of classes, both schooling and rated.

Duckz

Not well attended at all, but it was thier first show. They didn't get the prize list out until maybe March and I was told most of the big lesson/show barns around here that do MSA/SMHA had pretty much already planned the summer's show calendar. I think they'll be better attended as more people find out about them.

I certainly wish them luck and hope they continue this series. I like the selection of classes, both schooling and rated.

Hi Sparks, I couldn't find how much the classes cost, schooling fees, etc from the prize list. Any better or worse than the MSA/SMHA shows as far as costs?

Sparks

Thanks! Guess I wasn't looking in the right spot before. How did you do? Did you take the baby?

WEEEELLLLLL. Yes, I took the baby. I only hit the ground once :otter: and still did well in both her divisions. Did I mention it was not well attended. :whistle: She was quite a stinker jumping but great hacking. She'll get it eventually.

You should bring Lincoln up to some of these shows.

Last edited:

Eventer29

I went Sunday for the Jumpers. The lower classes there were a decent amt of entries. My classes (3')had about 8-10 riders. Sis was in the 3'3 and there were 2 including her in the classes. There were 3 of us in teh gambler's choice :( We were very dissapointed, but hopefully as more people hear about them they will grow. Would much rather win a class of 30 than a class of 3. The show was nice overall, nice people etc. The admin fee is less tahn MSA and i think most of the classes are less too. ( remember I just did Jumpers). We will definitely be going back. MAy even do some hunter classes next time.

fredsaid2

Sounds like our kind of show. I'd tell my DD, "I think you're going to pin! Everyone else has either fallen off or had a refusal!!" :killingme

I hope they do well enough to continue. I like that they have the schooling show THEN the rated one.

Eventer29

I really like that the schooling day is befor ethe rated...It just makes sense! But I think the idea with MSa is do the rated first get everyone there, then they will stay for the schooling day too? maybe? maybe not?

Duckz

WEEEELLLLLL. Yes, I took the baby. I only hit the ground once :otter: and still did well in both her divisions. Did I mention it was not well attended. :whistle: She was quite a stinker jumping but great hacking. She'll get it eventually.

You should bring Lincoln up to some of these shows.

:lmao: Sorry to hear about hitting the ground...guess it comes with the baby territory! She's super cute though, I'm sure you guys will be getting all the blue ribbons soon :buddies:

I'd like to come, but if I go to the May BEST show, that will be four show weekends in a row for me! I don't know if I can handle it...might need a month of trail rides just to recover :jameo: