Best Take out or Restaurant Fried Chicken

bilbur

I like McKay's when it is freshly made. It is hard to determine when they are making a fresh batch though.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
If you think Murphy's is expensive, then maybe you should cut some grass around your trailer and hope someone will hire you for your hard work.

Maybe you ought to STFU.

Went there one recent day to get some cheese for tacos. The MRP was 5.50 per pound, Gibble Dick had it marked up to 7.18 per, and the price on the register rang up 7.38 per pound.

So, go on with your bad self MF!

Hank

my war
Maybe you ought to STFU.

Went there one recent day to get some cheese for tacos. The MRP was 5.50 per pound, Gibble Dick had it marked up to 7.18 per, and the price on the register rang up 7.38 per pound.

So, go on with your bad self MF!

You mad, bro?

littlelady

God bless the USA
I agree with previous posters that Golden Chicken and Faststop have the best chicken in my area. It is funny to me that KFC (known for fried chicken) doesn't rate. I quit getting chicken there a long time ago.

GopherM

Darwin was right
We have been to what people here in our part of Georgia say is the best in town and it wouldn't match what they throw out form the Choptico Market. Wish I had some now.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Roy Rogers in Solomons has the best fried chicken around. They often run out on weekends. If I am buying a large quantity for an event at the store, I go in and prepay and give them a pick up time.

KDENISE977

Oh ma gosh, you all making me want Roy Rogers for chicken, roast beef, bacon burger, :drool: or a Hardees Monster Burger, or a Wendys Baconator, or a DAMN... I'm hungry :mad: However, back to the topic on hand, I think Bojangles has the best fried chicken, just not too many around here. I like it spicy !!!!!

stgislander

PREMO Member
Oh ma gosh, you all making me want Roy Rogers for chicken, roast beef, bacon burger, :drool: or a Hardees Monster Burger, or a Wendys Baconator, or a DAMN... I'm hungry :mad: However, back to the topic on hand, I think Bojangles has the best fried chicken, just not too many around here. I like it spicy !!!!!

Bojangles'. :yay:

If they had a Bojangles' instead of the Popeye's on 235, can you imagine the line of cars to get chicken biscuits before heading into the base every morning?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Chester's chicken is what I get on the road - they usually have it at Love's.

AND! Let's not forget Maryland Fried Chicken, of which there are none actually in Maryland, but they are quite popular in Florida. Plus there's one by Myrtle Beach.

In Lincoln, NE there is a fried chicken restaurant called Lee's and their bird is completely amazing. They have the best onion rings in the developed world.

I love love love fried chicken! I should marry it! :smoochy:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I also love fried chicken!

Now - trying to avoid getting hit :boxing: I will say Chaptico Market chicken was too salty for my taste the 2 times we gave them a try. However, it was very good. I like Roy Roger's and I like Popeye's if we want to get spicy. I used to like Golden Chicken in PF, but then their batter started getting too flour-y and not crispy enough, and I don't like most of the other sides or how they're prepared.

Mostly, when we get fried chicken I make the sides, because that way I can control the carbs and salt a little better.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
My husband grew up on a farm with chickens and can't stand to eat chicken on a bone, so I never make it or even bother to stop to pick any up. :bawl:

My husband grew up on a farm with chickens and can't stand to eat chicken on a bone, so I never make it or even bother to stop to pick any up. :bawl:
I totally agree with him. I prefer to eat boneless chicken. I do feel sorry for the farmers that have to tend to their boneless chickens by scooping them with shovels and such, but as the consumer I want what I want.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I totally agree with him. I prefer to eat boneless chicken. I do feel sorry for the farmers that have to tend to their boneless chickens by scooping them with shovels and such, but as the consumer I want what I want.

You'd think rolling around to get to the feeders would make the breast meat tougher.