Best Take out or Restaurant Fried Chicken

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My husband grew up on a farm with chickens and can't stand to eat chicken on a bone, so I never make it or even bother to stop to pick any up. :bawl:

I had to feed chickens when I was a little kid and I vowed, as God is my witness, I would eat every chicken I could get my hands on.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I had to feed chickens when I was a little kid and I vowed, as God is my witness, I would eat every chicken I could get my hands on.

You reminded me of a very prominent story in my family and that is about my mother. She was a youngin' in The Great Depression (born 1929) and both her parents were killed in a car accident; so she was sent to live with relatives on a farm when she was 6. A rooster attacked her one day, and she never forgot it. She had a lot of chicken recipes when I was growing up. And, I like your reference to Scarlett in GWTW. :lol:

Edit: I was always sad, however, that I never knew my maternal grandparents.

Last edited:

BigBlue

You reminded me of a very prominent story in my family and that is about my mother. She was a youngin' in The Great Depression (born 1929) and both her parents were killed in a car accident; so she was sent to live with relatives on a farm when she was 6. A rooster attacked her one day, and she never forgot it. She had a lot of chicken recipes when I was growing up. And, I like your reference to Scarlett in GWTW. :lol:

Edit: I was always sad, however, that I never knew my maternal grandparents.

:doh::whoosh:

nelsonmuntz

To me anyway my wife's is the best but not including your own home made or Mom's what is the best ?:coffee:

I was working in the Baltimore area, when I first discovered Royal Farms chicken. It is so good. I always stop whenever I travel north or south(they're in Virgina too) now.:dance:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The fried chicken we picked up at Murphy's in 7D yesterday afternoon on our way home was hittin'!! As usual.:yay:

I think they put some JO in their chicken breading.

lovinmaryland

Cooksey's store in Dentsville actually has really good fried chicken...I think its just slightly better than Chaptico Market.