Best way to watch blacked out Ravens games?

SamSpade

Well that's a start - the post is a year old and the content a year before that. I've never tried fuboTV which looks like it began as sports only but has expanded to include everything. THAT post shows a special of 20 a month and 35 after but the cheapest CURRENT package is 60 a month.

Still, if stuff like Sling could get me the Ravens games until Christmas, it's well worth the cost. Sling is comparatively cheap.

Chris0nllyn

Well that's a start - the post is a year old and the content a year before that. I've never tried fuboTV which looks like it began as sports only but has expanded to include everything. THAT post shows a special of 20 a month and 35 after but the cheapest CURRENT package is 60 a month.

Still, if stuff like Sling could get me the Ravens games until Christmas, it's well worth the cost. Sling is comparatively cheap.

Nothing is showing because there's no games. Check about an hour before the game you want to watch and look again. Fubo is a paid option, but the links that will show are free.

It's a bit cumbersome and some links have pop ups that can be a pain, but once you get the hang of it, it's a nice option.

I'm a Bucs fan and use it to watch every game.

Sling won't get you Baltimore games because you're likely in DC's coverage area. Even something like those "free" antenna TV apps/players won't work because it's based on your zip code which is in the DC coverage area.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I watched the Thursday night game on reddit last night, I had 2 choices, 720 or 1080.

gemma_rae

Have you tried mascara?

SamSpade

Nothing is showing because there's no games. Check about an hour before the game you want to watch and look again. Fubo is a paid option, but the links that will show are free.

It's a bit cumbersome and some links have pop ups that can be a pain, but once you get the hang of it, it's a nice option.

I'm a little slow - what does this mean the links are free? Is there a part of the fubo app that doesn't charge?

Chris0nllyn

I'm a little slow - what does this mean the links are free? Is there a part of the fubo app that doesn't charge?

The NFLStreams sub-Reddit is just a place where everyone sharing the game can post links. Has nothing to do with Fubo.

Check an hour or so before the Ravens game and you'll see a handful of links. The links will take you to another page (for various reasons this sub-reddit stopped linking directly to the sites) which lists the same links. Click one and you'll go to a webpage that's playign the game. Press Play and boom, you're done.

You'll get some popups, but it's free to watch any games listed.

Here's sort of a tutorial:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
:yeahthat: I watched on my phone until I lost interest, but was thinking about just running it through my smart tv next time.

SamSpade

The NFLStreams sub-Reddit is just a place where everyone sharing the game can post links. Has nothing to do with Fubo.

Check an hour or so before the Ravens game and you'll see a handful of links. The links will take you to another page (for various reasons this sub-reddit stopped linking directly to the sites) which lists the same links. Click one and you'll go to a webpage that's playign the game. Press Play and boom, you're done.

You'll get some popups, but it's free to watch any games listed.

We might try that - my wife is the real fan. I watch with her because - well, she's my wife. When my son scored free tickets to Ravens pre-season, I gave them to her, of course. But we'll probably cast it to the TV because I don't think she'll want to watch on a laptop.

One thing I have seen online is that the Salisbury stations usually DO broadcast Ravens without a blackout, but I have no idea how I would get them.

What do you know about the actual pay solutions - Playstation Vue, YouTuve TV, Hulu + - can they be relied upon to deliver?
This might be a good way to move towards actual cord-cutting.

Chris0nllyn

We might try that - my wife is the real fan. I watch with her because - well, she's my wife. When my son scored free tickets to Ravens pre-season, I gave them to her, of course. But we'll probably cast it to the TV because I don't think she'll want to watch on a laptop.

One thing I have seen online is that the Salisbury stations usually DO broadcast Ravens without a blackout, but I have no idea how I would get them.

What do you know about the actual pay solutions - Playstation Vue, YouTuve TV, Hulu + - can they be relied upon to deliver?
This might be a good way to move towards actual cord-cutting.

You can likely reach the Salisbury station with an antenna as kom said above. Depends on the antenna size and your location.

Any streaming service will have local games on your local station. Pretty much every service has Fox, for example, and will play the games on Fox. However, since you're in the DC coverage area, you won't see a Ravens game on the DC local Fox channel. You will see the Redskins.

If the game is blacked out on TV, it's still blacked out on the streaming service.

If you are a fan of a team that's out of your market area, the best solution is NFL Sunday Ticket (which doesn't play local games), but it's very expensive. I believe you have to be a DirecTV/AT&T customer to get it though, and it's an add-on for a TV service you have to buy anyway. The other option is using Reddit.

At least, that's been my experience trying to watch the Bucs every season for the past handful of years.

SamSpade

Well we went with YouTube TV. Just to be on the safe side I told it my zip was someplace in Columbia, so it would give me Baltimore stations, which it did. I'm still on the free trial, and I'm not sure if I might keep it or not. I haven't found it to be very easy to find stuff and navigate. So we were able to watch the Ravens.

You know, I have Netflix and Amazon Prime Video and Hulu - and just like YouTube TV, none of them have figured out what the cable company already knows - and that's that I don't give a crap about seeing a nice big PICTURE of the TV show every time I scroll up or down. Just a small written blurb about what it is. Because I still find navigating up and down on a cable company menu MUCH easier than any of theirs.

I swear, the big three are the worst, especially Netflix. I can scroll left and right and up and down - and keep running into the same shows or movies. So my EXPERIENCE is they don't actually have a lot of content. Then someone will say "how about xxxx?" - I will type it into the search - and voila! there it is. And I suddenly learn that the service is limiting what I see based on what IT thinks I'll want (which is wrong - usually). Typical case is, my profile on Netflix won't necessarily show all the kid content my kid's profiles use, because it assumes I don't want to see it.

I can scroll pages of content at a time on cable - service providers like Netflix or Hulu move SLOW - one at a time - and always, always with the big pictures and graphics which have no bearing on my selection. ONE of them is going to be smart enough to simplify their interface.

ANYWAY - I have five days. Anyone who's used YouTube TV - any tips for me? I've only had it five hours and it bores me already.

Chris0nllyn

You know, I have Netflix and Amazon Prime Video and Hulu - and just like YouTube TV, none of them have figured out what the cable company already knows - and that's that I don't give a crap about seeing a nice big PICTURE of the TV show every time I scroll up or down. Just a small written blurb about what it is. Because I still find navigating up and down on a cable company menu MUCH easier than any of theirs.

Sling is good at doing that. The menu looks just like a cable menu. Straight and to the point about the show that's on. No preview, no picture, no images whatsoever.