Beto - AR15 Super Powerful Weapon - Wants to Ban NEW Sales

Midnightrider

LOL..
The distances normally considered to be "long range" is weather and caliber dependent, and long range may be defined as stretching the distance which the firearm and ammunition is capable of making consistent hits. Generally some may claim that for the .22 LR cartridge any distances over 100 meters (109 yards) is considered long range. For centerfire intermediate rifle calibers, some might say that everything over 300 to 400 m is considered long range, while some may claim that long range "starts" at 500 m. At the longer ranges the bullets will have a long flight time, and on days with good weather conditions one can spot the bullets spinning through the air. Some believe you really get "the feel" of long range shooting when you have time to see the bullet fly towards the target, and then dive below or swing past, just when you were sure you would hit it. Weather conditions may also affect what is considered long range for a given firearm configuration. For instance a shooter may be able to repeatably hit a given size target, i.e. a 100 mm ring, at 1000 meters (0.1 mil target difficulty) in low and predictable wind, while the same 100 mm target may be near impossible to hit in heavy and varying wind at 200 meters (0.5 mil target difficulty).

In a few weeks we will be shooting a 200 yard rimfire match at Camp Atterberry how about you roll out here and show me how well you can dope the elevation and wind with your simple 22LR.
A huge gun owner like yourself should own a Kimber, Cooper or an Anschutz that's capable of sub 1" groups at 100.
I'll pay your entry fee's and you can shoot it and show me that you can walk the walk.
That’s a pretty elaborate way to say that I am right, and that ARs are not intended for long range.

officeguy

It's more powerful than a handgun, I'll give him that.

In many states, .223 is not legal to take a deer. Because it's not powerful enough.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It's more powerful than a handgun, I'll give him that.

In many states, .223 is not legal to take a deer. Because it's not powerful enough.
Yep..around my place in VA, for example. Fortunately, ARs come in many larger calibers.

black dog

Free America
That’s a pretty elaborate way to say that I am right, and that ARs are not intended for long range.
Show up and shoot a High Power Match and see what's being shot dumbass, I'm gonna go with like most folks, you either don't have a rifle or deep down inside " You Don't want to Suck in Public ".

nutz

Show up and shoot a High Power Match and see what's being shot dumbass, I'm gonna go with like most folks, you either don't have a rifle or deep down inside " You Don't want to Suck in Public ".
Safe bet would be that the suck part applies.

This_person

Meh, you sure like to be wrong about crap.

glhs837

Power with Control
Help me understand the reasons for anyone to own an AR-15?

Dont need a reason. Didnt need a reason to own my 10/22, wont need one to go buy a handgun. Dont need a reason to justify exercising my rights. You, or the govt need to demonstrate a real reason to restrict those rights. And "ohhh, it's a scary black rifle" just isn't enough.

Salmon

That question makes no sense. It's the same as asking "help me understand the reasons for anyone to own a firearm". No difference.
I fail to understand the love for firearms but assault weapons should certainly be illegal.