Beto - AR15 Super Powerful Weapon - Wants to Ban NEW Sales

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Again, my issue was with the comparison of "power" vs a lever action rifle. Unless you are telling me a lever action rifle is classified as semi-automatic in which case I will admit I don't know what I am talking about and be quiet. This time.
What's the difference in "killing power" between an AR-15 and a Ruger Ranch Rifle?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The object in war in most cases is not to kill, its to wound. It takes many more to handle wounded than the dead.
The M16 platform works well for many purposes, desert warfare with long range shooting is not one of them. Jungle and Urban fits it to a T.

Yep. And has anyone mentioned how much more effective a "killing machine" is any of the many AK-47 variants?...millions upon millions of which are in private hands and still for sale in most places. Much larger bullet.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
You believe that The Dept of the Army and The Marine Corps haven't had the knowledge that the XM193 and the SS109 bullets loose yaw at 300 to 400 meters depending on rifle they are shot from?
You constantly prove stupid you are...
He's been an ignorant moron on every other subject, why would this one be any different.

Midnightrider

You believe that The Dept of the Army and The Marine Corps haven't had the knowledge that the XM193 and the SS109 bullets loose yaw at 300 to 400 meters depending on rifle they are shot from?
You constantly prove stupid you are...
Hey dummy, the AR isnt intended to be a long range rifle. The army and marines have a different tool for that job.
It is plenty effective for its intended purpose.

Clem72

What's the difference in "killing power" between an AR-15 and a Ruger Ranch Rifle?

Pardon my ignorance, is a Ruger Ranch Rifle a bolt-action rifle? If not, perhaps it would have been a much better comparison.

I think you all are trying to force my into an opinion I don't have and didn't espouse. I simply said comparing the AR-15 to a rifle that shoots a more powerful round, but fires using a completely different action doesn't prove or disprove any "point" about the killing power of the rifle. I didn't say that there isn't a good point to be made about sporting rifles being as effective or moreso than the AR-15, simply that I didn't believe the one chosen looked to be a fair comparison.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Pardon my ignorance, is a Ruger Ranch Rifle a bolt-action rifle? If not, perhaps it would have been a much better comparison.

I think you all are trying to force my into an opinion I don't have and didn't espouse. I simply said comparing the AR-15 to a rifle that shoots a more powerful round, but fires using a completely different action doesn't prove or disprove any "point" about the killing power of the rifle. I didn't say that there isn't a good point to be made about sporting rifles being as effective or moreso than the AR-15, simply that I didn't believe the one chosen looked to be a fair comparison.
Ruger Ranch is one of many semi-automatic rifles that are not "black and scary" and the Ruger also happens to chamber and fire the same small-caliber rifle round (.223) as many of the AR-15 clones. There are, however, many other calibers that are shot from AR-15 variants...all the way up to .50 And then there are all the semi-automatic shotguns to consider.

black dog

Free America
Hey dummy, the AR isnt intended to be a long range rifle. The army and marines have a different tool for that job.
It is plenty effective for its intended purpose.
Hey dumbass, Every Marine It s a rifleman, I guess you didn't know that the Marines still qualify yearly with a 16" M4 with the SS109 ammo out to 500 yards.
You don't know what the **** you are talking about...
Maybe you should come out to the Nationals this summer and see what calibers are being shot in Across the Course out to 600 yards.

Midnightrider

Hey dumbass, Every Marine It s a rifleman, I guess you didn't know that the Marines still qualify yearly with a 16" M4 with the SS109 ammo out to 500 yards.
You don't know what the **** you are talking about...
Maybe you should come out to the Nationals this summer and see what calibers are being shot in Across the Course out to 600 yards.
600 yards is not long range. besides, you were trying to imply it is worthless after 400yards, and now you are claiming it is reliable enough at 500 that all marines have to qualify with it to that distance. Pick a lane.

again, this is a stupid argument you idiots are trying to make. The AR was designed for a purpose and it has filled that purpose for 50 years. It has been very efective for what it was designed to do.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The AR was designed for a purpose and it has filled that purpose for 50 years. It has been very efective for what it was designed to do.
Since it's always been a civilian weapon...it's done lots of things. Still does. Colt started marketing it as a sporting rifle from it's inception.

black dog

Free America
600 yards is not long range. besides, you were trying to imply it is worthless after 400yards, and now you are claiming it is reliable enough at 500 that all marines have to qualify with it to that distance. Pick a lane.

again, this is a stupid argument you idiots are trying to make. The AR was designed for a purpose and it has filled that purpose for 50 years. It has been very efective for what it was designed to do.
I never implied it was worthless, I'm fully aware of its do's, don't, bullet weights, twists and barrel lengths, unlike you.
And yes dumbass, Marines qualify yearly with a 16" M4 with SS109 ammo at 200, 300 and 500 yards.

PeoplesElbow

The object in war in most cases is not to kill, its to wound. It takes many more to handle wounded than the dead.
The M16 platform works well for many purposes, desert warfare with long range shooting is not one of them. Jungle and Urban fits it to a T.
I don't even really think it is to wound, it is to give the threat of wounding or killing so that you keep the other guys pinned back, keep them from shooting back at you. This is why they want more ammo, its a lot more dangerous to stick your head out when there are more small things whizzing by every second than a single 50 cal every 30 seconds or so even though the 50 cal will tear a man in half.

Midnightrider

I never implied it was worthless, I'm fully aware of its do's, don't, bullet weights, twists and barrel lengths, unlike you.
And yes dumbass, Marines qualify yearly with a 16" M4 with SS109 ammo at 200, 300 and 500 yards.

Sure you did, but go ahead and revise history all you want. I guess only people that really know what they are talking about consider 500 yards long range. :bigwhoop:

If you knew half of what you thought you knew you would still be pretty stupid.

black dog

Free America
Sure you did, but go ahead and revise history all you want. I guess only people that really know what they are talking about consider 500 yards long range. :bigwhoop:

If you knew half of what you thought you knew you would still be pretty stupid.

LOL..
The distances normally considered to be "long range" is weather and caliber dependent, and long range may be defined as stretching the distance which the firearm and ammunition is capable of making consistent hits. Generally some may claim that for the .22 LR cartridge any distances over 100 meters (109 yards) is considered long range. For centerfire intermediate rifle calibers, some might say that everything over 300 to 400 m is considered long range, while some may claim that long range "starts" at 500 m. At the longer ranges the bullets will have a long flight time, and on days with good weather conditions one can spot the bullets spinning through the air. Some believe you really get "the feel" of long range shooting when you have time to see the bullet fly towards the target, and then dive below or swing past, just when you were sure you would hit it. Weather conditions may also affect what is considered long range for a given firearm configuration. For instance a shooter may be able to repeatably hit a given size target, i.e. a 100 mm ring, at 1000 meters (0.1 mil target difficulty) in low and predictable wind, while the same 100 mm target may be near impossible to hit in heavy and varying wind at 200 meters (0.5 mil target difficulty).

In a few weeks we will be shooting a 200 yard rimfire match at Camp Atterberry how about you roll out here and show me how well you can dope the elevation and wind with your simple 22LR.
A huge gun owner like yourself should own a Kimber, Cooper or an Anschutz that's capable of sub 1" groups at 100.
I'll pay your entry fee's and you can shoot it and show me that you can walk the walk.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
LOL..
The distances normally considered to be "long range" is weather and caliber dependent, and long range may be defined as stretching the distance which the firearm and ammunition is capable of making consistent hits. Generally some may claim that for the .22 LR cartridge any distances over 100 meters (109 yards) is considered long range. For centerfire intermediate rifle calibers, some might say that everything over 300 to 400 m is considered long range, while some may claim that long range "starts" at 500 m. At the longer ranges the bullets will have a long flight time, and on days with good weather conditions one can spot the bullets spinning through the air. Some believe you really get "the feel" of long range shooting when you have time to see the bullet fly towards the target, and then dive below or swing past, just when you were sure you would hit it. Weather conditions may also affect what is considered long range for a given firearm configuration. For instance a shooter may be able to repeatably hit a given size target, i.e. a 100 mm ring, at 1000 meters (0.1 mil target difficulty) in low and predictable wind, while the same 100 mm target may be near impossible to hit in heavy and varying wind at 200 meters (0.5 mil target difficulty).

In a few weeks we will be shooting a 200 yard rimfire match at Camp Atterberry how about you roll out here and show me how well you can dope the elevation and wind with your simple 22LR.
A huge gun owner like yourself should own a Kimber, Cooper or an Anschutz that's capable of sub 1" groups at 100.
I'll pay your entry fee's and you can shoot it and show me that you can walk the walk.
You know having some people on ignore makes some of these conversations kind of like listening to someone with Tourette's. You see the reaction and kind of wonder what kind of stupidity they've come up with now.

black dog

Free America
You know having some people on ignore makes some of these conversations kind of like listening to someone with Tourette's. You see the reaction and kind of wonder what kind of stupidity they've come up with now.

Yep, I like the new ignore. I often though of applying for a job and after being hired tell them i'm handicapped with Tourette's, how much fun would that be?