Beto - AR15 Super Powerful Weapon - Wants to Ban NEW Sales

Salmon

Dont need a reason. Didnt need a reason to own my 10/22, wont need one to go buy a handgun. Dont need a reason to justify exercising my rights. You, or the govt need to demonstrate a real reason to restrict those rights. And "ohhh, it's a scary black rifle" just isn't enough.
So you want the ability to kill someone? Got it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I fail to understand the love for firearms but assault weapons should certainly be illegal.
They are "mostly" illegal..have been since 1968. The few collectors and gun enthusiasts that own the pre-68 weapons are willing to put out the 10s of thousands of dollars that they typically cost, and go through the special registration and tax stamp process to own them. I'm not aware of a single instance where one was used to commit a crime.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Haven't ventured into the 6.5 movement.

Next change in my safe will likely be .338.
I've not felt the pull in that direction...too much in to the 7.62x54R long range stuff and never have time to shoot it all as it is. But that little 6.5...one sweet shooting round.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
?? Every firearm ever produced can do that. Of course they can.
And so can every knife, hammer, baseball bat, plumbers wrench, mower blade, brick, rock or tire iron. :lmao:

He's skewered of it... probably because its black.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And so can every knife, hammer, baseball bat, plumbers wrench, mower blade, brick, rock or tire iron. :lmao:

He's skewered of it... probably because its black.

Jed has never even seen or handled an AR-15...he's just spewing ignorance, as usual.

glhs837

Power with Control

Or maybe the ability to just heat that tink sound when shooting a metal target? Or maybe the ability to punch pretty patterns in a paper target. And to be clear, I always have the ability to kill someone.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I fail to understand the love for firearms but assault weapons should certainly be illegal.
And I fail to understand the timidity of your ilk And think all Leftist should be cooked alive over a giant grill.

We can't always get what we want.

This_person

Absolutely.

If you are asking why anyone would own one, that's really none of your business. There's certainly no more reason to own one than to own a home, or own a car, or own a refrigerator. All of the tasks performed by those pieces of machinery can be accomplished in other ways.

But, if you are asking why the Constitution recognizes that the government has no authority to restrict a citizen's right to keep and bear arms, that's simple - to overthrow the government and/or protect oneself against a tyrannical government. There's absolutely no good reason to restrict ownership of firearms from law-abiding citizens except to turn them into subjects, surfs, subordinate to government who will certainly NEVER give up THEIR weapons.

Does that help you understand?

black dog

Free America
They are "mostly" illegal..have been since 1968. The few collectors and gun enthusiasts that own the pre-68 weapons are willing to put out the 10s of thousands of dollars that they typically cost, and go through the special registration and tax stamp process to own them. I'm not aware of a single instance where one was used to commit a crime.
Pre 1984... There are about 200,000 transferable's available.