Beto - AR15 Super Powerful Weapon - Wants to Ban NEW Sales

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

So you want the ability to kill someone? Got it.
Well duh? Of course. In an absolute worse case scenario. Of course I want the ability to kill someone. Be it with a trusty .45 ACP or a tactical 5.56 with folding stock, laser sight, and 30 round magazines filled with the most tissue destroying rounds available. But I have to tell you you something fish boy, that water pistol ain't gonna save you.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Class III Mac 11 in .380 IIRC ... the Perp was a COP

the ONLY Legally Owned Full Auto Weapon ever used in a crime
I think I'm going to disagree with you here. Prior to 1934 fully auto was legal and many were used in the commission of crimes. Think Valentine's Day massacre.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I think I'm going to disagree with you here. Prior to 1934 fully auto was legal and many were used in the commission of crimes. Think Valentine's Day massacre.
LOL..good point. I was only thinking in the context of "present day"...meaning in the last many decades and today.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Why's it gotta be black, man?

Yeah dat. Because dat be razist. Also, I think all black ink should be declared razist. Think about it. All those black words highlighted against white background paper. So there it is, black inked words can't stand on its on without whitey in the background. Say it wit me, That be razist man.

This_person

Why is newsprint black?

Cowdog

Ok. Seems to be some real conjecture out there. Black Dog got it right in that the M-16 Platform was based upon the "Cold War" concept that if one is injured, it would take 3 off the battlefield to include stretcher bearers. However the dogma of the Warsaw Pact was to keep going and the wounded would be picked up later. Indication of projecting our values onto others of different cultures incorrectly. The .223 round is intended to wound and the speed it flies to produce, or induce a "shock" to the body.
Next. AR does not mean Automatic Rifle, it actually represents Armalite Rifle. That is also totally mis-represented so often that most now believe it.
For a small bullet, it is powerful, but on the wide spectrum of available cartridges, it is lower in the true power of force of a bullet strike.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Ok. Seems to be some real conjecture out there. Black Dog got it right in that the M-16 Platform was based upon the "Cold War" concept that if one is injured, it would take 3 off the battlefield to include stretcher bearers. However the dogma of the Warsaw Pact was to keep going and the wounded would be picked up later. Indication of projecting our values onto others of different cultures incorrectly. The .223 round is intended to wound and the speed it flies to produce, or induce a "shock" to the body.
Next. AR does not mean Automatic Rifle, it actually represents Armalite Rifle. That is also totally mis-represented so often that most now believe it.
For a small bullet, it is powerful, but on the wide spectrum of available cartridges, it is lower in the true power of force of a bullet strike.
Welcome to the Thunderdome.

rmorse

Ok, so, question....if the federal government was able to successfully regulate automatic weapons to the point where only one has been used to commit a crime since 1934 (or whatever the date was), why couldn't they theoretically do the same with other types of firearms? Is it just due to the sheer number of firearms that we're dealing with here? Or am I missing something else...

PeoplesElbow

Ok, so, question....if the federal government was able to successfully regulate automatic weapons to the point where only one has been used to commit a crime since 1934 (or whatever the date was), why couldn't they theoretically do the same with other types of firearms? Is it just due to the sheer number of firearms that we're dealing with here? Or am I missing something else...
A 50 caliber rifle is legal and one has never been used to commit a crime. I think it has more to do with the cost of the weapon than anything.