Beto O’Rourke Admits He’ll Take Tax Exempt Status Away From Mosques, Historically Black Colleges

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Democrats were quick to distance themselves from O’Rourke’s plan and the field’s only LGBT candidate, South Bend mayor Pete Buttigieg, even condemned O’Rourke’s idea, calling it a violation of Constitutional principles and suggesting that O’Rourke failed to understand the “implications of what he was saying.” Such a move, Buttigieg explained, would hobble organizations dedicated to providing services to their home communities by forcing them to contribute a portion of their donations back to the Federal government.

Conservatives on social media also quickly pointed out that O’Rourke’s policy would affect Muslims and historically black colleges and universities — not just the religious conservatives and Evangelical Christians that O’Rourke appeared to believe were at the root of the “intolerance” he considered problematic.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/beto...away-from-mosques-historically-black-colleges

SamSpade

Democrats were quick to distance themselves from O’Rourke’s plan and the field’s only LGBT candidate, South Bend mayor Pete Buttigieg, even condemned O’Rourke’s idea, calling it a violation of Constitutional principles and suggesting that O’Rourke failed to understand the “implications of what he was saying.”

And that makes me hopeful. Some of the rhetoric from others on the left are beginning to seriously alarm me - like jailing people who don't want to testify.

It IS a common trait on the left to adopt the posture of "this is how everyone should behave and believe - and if you don't, we'll make it a crime".
They make it worse because they automatically believe everyone else thinks that also.

They REALLY don't grasp the concept of tolerance.

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

They grasp tolerance all right. Theirs.
It's just that they don't feel others should have any rights.

PsyOps

Pixelated
And that makes me hopeful. Some of the rhetoric from others on the left are beginning to seriously alarm me - like jailing people who don't want to testify.

It IS a common trait on the left to adopt the posture of "this is how everyone should behave and believe - and if you don't, we'll make it a crime".
They make it worse because they automatically believe everyone else thinks that also.

They REALLY don't grasp the concept of tolerance.

The reality is, these leftists wouldn't be pushing for their extreme positions if they didn't believe a large part of this country agrees with them. I've stated this over and over... it's scary enough to have people in our government that hold these dictatorial beliefs; it's far more concerning that citizens actually elected them into power.