Beto O'Rourke hits Pete Buttigieg with expletive-fueled swipe over gun-control comments

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
During last Thursday’s presidential debate, the former Texas congressman said, “Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47, and we’re not going to allow it to be used against your fellow Americans anymore.” Three days later, O’Rourke appeared on NBC News’ “Meet the Press,” where host Chuck Todd pointed out that there was “a lot of hand-wringing” about the presidential contender’s full-throated call on national TV for confiscating such rifles.

Hijinx

I don't see any difference in any of the Democrat wannabee's.
They all are for the same things just some are more rabid than the others.

They are all against the 2nd. and 1st Amendments.
They all want go give free college, healthcare, welfare, some even want to pay people to sit home.
They all want to restrict business with crazy environmental laws.

And they all want to saddle middle income Americans with the taxes that will pay for their insanity.
They all claim the rich will be the ones that will pay, but there aren't enough rich to pay the bill.
No---------------it will fall on the middle class,
If you like what is happening in Venezuela vote Democrats in 20.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Democrats think everything's "a right" except the items written in the bill of rights!

SamSpade

If you're a Democratic candidate - unless you're gunning for number two on a ticket - going after anyone polling less than 5% is a colossal waste of time. Right now the top four candidates have two thirds of all the percentage points. The next NINE count for 18 points, leaving the rest for the remaining ones, INCLUDING "don't know", which polls higher than most of them.

For MOST of those running - it's already all over but for the crying. This is two dogs fighting for the scraps off the table from the big four.

transporter

During last Thursday’s presidential debate, the former Texas congressman said, “Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47, and we’re not going to allow it to be used against your fellow Americans anymore.” Three days later, O’Rourke appeared on NBC News’ “Meet the Press,” where host Chuck Todd pointed out that there was “a lot of hand-wringing” about the presidential contender’s full-throated call on national TV for confiscating such rifles.

Just to point out the stunningly obvious...as others have done:

Kyle, Beto isn't going to win. He isn't going to be VP...

He isn't going to be able to "confiscate" weapons any more than Trump was going to get Mexico to pay for his non-existent wall.

transporter

I don't see any difference in any of the Democrat wannabee's.
They all are for the same things just some are more rabid than the others.

They are all against the 2nd. and 1st Amendments.
They all want go give free college, healthcare, welfare, some even want to pay people to sit home.
They all want to restrict business with crazy environmental laws.

And they all want to saddle middle income Americans with the taxes that will pay for their insanity.
They all claim the rich will be the ones that will pay, but there aren't enough rich to pay the bill.
No---------------it will fall on the middle class,
If you like what is happening in Venezuela vote Democrats in 20.

Um...YOU should be practically orgasmic over Elizabeth Warren. She wants to give every current Social Security recipient a $200 a month raise AND change the COLA calculations to be more generous.

That's like a 20 -30% pay raise for you! (given how much you bitch about SS benes).

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Just to point out the stunningly obvious...as others have done:

Kyle, Beto isn't going to win. He isn't going to be VP...

He isn't going to be able to "confiscate" weapons any more than Trump was going to get Mexico to pay for his non-existent wall.
Well, the wall is going up and Mexico is supporting the Guatemalans that have to wait. Trump didn't say how they would pay, just that they would.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Um...YOU should be practically orgasmic over Elizabeth Warren. She wants to give every current Social Security recipient a $200 a month raise AND change the COLA calculations to be more generous.

That's like a 20 -30% pay raise for you! (given how much you bitch about SS benes).
Just how destitute do you have to be to qualify? I would have to repay it all at tax time, so it wouldn't help me a bit.

BOP

Chick fight!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

truby20

Fighting like a girl
If you're a Democratic candidate - unless you're gunning for number two on a ticket - going after anyone polling less than 5% is a colossal waste of time. Right now the top four candidates have two thirds of all the percentage points. The next NINE count for 18 points, leaving the rest for the remaining ones, INCLUDING "don't know", which polls higher than most of them.

For MOST of those running - it's already all over but for the crying. This is two dogs fighting for the scraps off the table from the big four.

So wait, polls matter in this case? You folks always seem to discount polls, like all the time.

Anyway, only 9% of democratic voters say they have made up their mind

Yang has been getting a lot more attention from the Gen Z group, watch him.

littlelady

God bless the USA

Would you consider running for prez, Sam? I would vote for you.

SamSpade

So wait, polls matter in this case? You folks always seem to discount polls, like all the time.
"You folks".

Of course - we have a hive mind. We're clones and cannot think separately. Hence "you folks".

Stats may be my bailiwick, but I only have a modest amount of faith in polls. You can do a survey - which is what I've been doing for twenty years - on data like employment, fees, prices, inventory - stuff like that, because it's hard data. Opinion polls are much harder - you can only get so close, and opinions unlike most hard data can change in an instant. Worse, when doing an opinion poll, it matters greatly how questions are worded.

Experience has shown me that when someone performs very badly in a poll - there's a correlation to their level of support. It's a mistake however to ignore the margin of error OR to regard the margin of error as immutable. Razor thin polling just doesn't say anything. I give no credence at all to a margin WITHIN the margin of error, but I also ignore any of them when the undecideds are even greater than the margin of error.

It's reaching the point in the (primary) election however where big turnarounds are unlikely - caucuses and early primaries are just months away. Candidates sometimes implode DURING the primary voting - Howard Dean's "scream" was right after the Iowa caucus (although he came in THIRD then). But most of them drop out by now. Unless Biden cracks or fails to get an early win - or God help us, is urged out - he's the man.

I don't think Yang has a chance. He polls so very small - he may have support with Gen Z (my brother in law likes him, but he JUST wants the money) but I don't see the PARTY supporting him. That's the ultimate answer. That's who really picks him. Maybe you don't like it, but until the recent practice of primary elections - that's the way it was done.