Beto , other Democrats see the downside of releasing tax returns

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“I’ve served in public office since 2005. I do my best to contribute to the success of my community, of my state and, now, of my country,” O’Rourke said in responding to the student on Tuesday night. “I’m doing everything that I can right now, spending this time with you — not with our kiddos, not back home in El Paso — because I want to sacrifice everything to make sure that we meet this moment of truth with everything that we’ve got.”

O’Rourke is not the only Democratic candidate who has had personal finances questioned at a time when many voters are frustrated by the ever-growing economic divide in the country. One by one, Democratic candidates have released their tax returns — something that President Trump has refused to do — in an attempt at transparency.

But that openness also invites judgment, most recently about the level of charitable donations by those seeking to lead a party which has taken a sympathetic approach to the needy and criticized Republicans for failing to support them. While many Democratic candidates and the voters who support them are alarmed by attempts to turn government responsibilities over to nonprofits and charities, donating to charity has long been considered a civic duty.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...easing-tax-returns/ar-BBW2H6T?ocid=spartandhp

:killingme