Beto Thinks Americans Will Voluntarily Hand Over Firearms To The Government If Asked

Sapidus

If one needs to jump through hoops to obtain a “right”, it’s not a right.

If I have to have training before I can exercise my right, it’s being infringed upon.

Why don't you feel the way about showing or obtaining ID to vote?

Training enhances your understanding of the weapon you are using it is not limiting or encroaching

This_person

Why don't you feel the way about showing or obtaining ID to vote?
Because voting CAN be infringed upon. We limit age. We have the potential to limit a lot.

And, voting controls who is in charge of government. We need to make sure the people that the people in control of THAT are the ones who are supposed to be.
Training enhances your understanding of the weapon you are using it is not limiting or encroaching
Training is great. REQUIRING training infringes on my right.

Sapidus

Because voting CAN be infringed upon. We limit age. We have the potential to limit a lot.

And, voting controls who is in charge of government. We need to make sure the people that the people in control of THAT are the ones who are supposed to be.

Training is great. REQUIRING training infringes on my right.

So we don’t limit age in fire arm sales?

You need to really sit and think before you type.

Everything you say contradicts the last thing you said.

Training is an enhancement not a limiting factor

glhs837

Power with Control

You need to really sit and think before you type.

Everything you say contradicts the last thing you said.

Pity we cant use that thought to train drivers and reduce a large chcunk of the 30,000 deaths in car crashes every year, most of which are caused by poor driving. You want to save lives through requiring training. why not start there?

This_person

Yes, we do. We infringe upon a citizen's right to keep and bear arms. That's one of the many problems.

Again, I'm all for training. I'm against making training mandatory. You need to read for comprehension, not response.

If you make training a requirement, then what happens to someone who doesn't pass training? Or, if there's no test, then what are you really accomplishing by training for those who choose not to participate? Oh, but you'd restrict someone who doesn't participate - thus, you'd infringe on their right. Or, you'd not let someone exercise their right until they pass training, thus infringing upon their right.

There's no way around making training not an infringement. None.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yes, we do. We infringe upon a citizen's right to keep and bear arms. That's one of the many problems.

Again, I'm all for training. I'm against making training mandatory. You need to read for comprehension, not response.

If you make training a requirement, then what happens to someone who doesn't pass training? Or, if there's no test, then what are you really accomplishing by training for those who choose not to participate? Oh, but you'd restrict someone who doesn't participate - thus, you'd infringe on their right. Or, you'd not let someone exercise their right until they pass training, thus infringing upon their right.

Hmmm, having to pass a test to exercise a right, where have we seen that before... ?

SamSpade

NO there are PLENTY of guns in Australia

Claiming that gun crime went down in Australia as a consequence of gun control is like the rooster claiming the sun rises because of his crowing.
The graph of lower gun crime shows a drop in crime over a very long period of time and made no discernible change when the laws went into
place. Essentially, it made no difference. Gun crime is lower there, because it's always been lower, and gun crime went down because it was already
going down.

Violent crime in this country actually reached its peak about thirty years ago. It's been dropping ever since.
This of course is RATE - NUMBERS may rise, but numbers per 100,000 are dropping.
Anyone not honest with statistics might turn around and claim this or that dropped the crime rate, but clearly no single factor
can take credit.

Sapidus

Claiming that gun crime went down in Australia as a consequence of gun control is like the rooster claiming the sun rises because of his crowing.
The graph of lower gun crime shows a drop in crime over a very long period of time and made no discernible change when the laws went into
place. Essentially, it made no difference. Gun crime is lower there, because it's always been lower, and gun crime went down because it was already
going down.

Violent crime in this country actually reached its peak about thirty years ago. It's been dropping ever since.
This of course is RATE - NUMBERS may rise, but numbers per 100,000 are dropping.
Anyone not honest with statistics might turn around and claim this or that dropped the crime rate, but clearly no single factor
can take credit.

Not true of mass shootings which i what we are discussing, They in fact have been rising steadily and more and more innocent people are dying

nutz

Transtupidus is right. Let’s make training mandatory for those wanting to purchase and
You're arguing with "GUNS BAD!!!" :lalala:
Oops, I didnt finish the thought. “Transtupidus is right. Let’s make training mandatory for those wanting to purchase and those voting for approval as the targets.”

Guns OK, people suck