Beto Thinks Americans Will Voluntarily Hand Over Firearms To The Government If Asked

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Not true of mass shootings which i what we are discussing, They in fact have been rising steadily and more and more innocent people are dying

well YOU Live is a Fantasy Reality deaths are down gun crime is down ... more people are beat to death with Hammers than shot with AR-15's

Mass Shootings Suck .... but there NO Reason to criminalize a class of weapons .... If you want to live in such a country then move to Europe a successful business person [self proclaim] such as yourself should have no issues migrating

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Beto O'Rourke Thinks that Fines Will 'Compel' AR-15 Owners to Give Up their Guns

Democratic presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke is confident he can enforce his gun confiscation plan. He actually believes that the threat of fines will "compel" gun owners to give them up.

Three words, Beto: Cold. Dead. Hands.

Washington Examiner:

"We expect our fellow Americans to follow the law. If they do not, there would be a fine imposed to compel them to follow the law," O'Rourke said. "We've seen this implemented successfully in Australia, where you've seen a near 50% reduction in gun violence deaths in that country."​

To claim that there was a 50 percent decline in gun violence because of a government gun confiscation program is an outright lie. There were about a dozen other gun control laws passed at the same time that made it damn near impossible to buy or own a gun of any kind. O'Rourke knows this -- or at least he should.

And, of course, Australians are just like Americans, so it shouldn't be a problem, right?

Sheesh.

O'Rourke has maintained he believes gun owners would follow the law and turn in the banned weapons because he said gun owners have come up to him on the campaign trail to say they would. He has also defended the proposal as constitutional.

"This is something that we’re able to do through the Commerce Clause and this is something that is not prevented from — wouldn’t prevent the United States from doing by the Second Amendment. So this is constitutionally sound," O'Rourke told NBC's Meet the Press on Sunday.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/beto-o...ll-compel-ar-15-owners-to-give-up-their-guns/

Hijinx

I don't believe it is written in the Australian Constitution that Australians have a 2nd. Amendment right to own guns.
We do.
I believe the Constitution gives me the right to fight anyone who would Take away my rights. Any of them.

WingsOfGold

Do you think we are not as intelligent, thoughtful, cooperative , smart or willing to find a solutio to gun violence as Australians and New Zealanders?
Want to end most gun violence? Eliminate Democraps in cities. 90% Problem solved.
What's the over/under in Chicago tonight??? Very few conservative Americans will be harmed.

black dog

Free America
Another idiotic take on a serious problem

You Tool, because Joe law abiding citizen, is the one shooting folks each week in America.
Use a gun in a crime, should be mandatory 20 years of Federal time. No plea bargains, no early time off and time is hard time.
If convicted a second time using a firearm in a crime, its sleepy time.

BOP

I think as long as we have a constitution and the subsequent 2nd amendment (unlike Australia and New Zealand), we are smart enough not to comply with so-called 'laws' that violate our constitution.

What's interesting is Beto says this "voluntary" hand-over of firearms is premised under law. There is nothing voluntary about laws. You must comply with the law or face consequences. What happens when someone doesn't comply with the law? Tell us Sap, what would you like to see happen to people who refuse to turn in their illegal firearms?
Bring back drawing and quartering!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Fantasy, Supposition, Innuendo, ASSUMPTION

Cities run by Democrats for some 50 yrs with teh strictest gun control laws have the highest gun related crime in spite of ownership restrictions

Midnightrider

You Tool, because Joe law abiding citizen, is the one shooting folks each week in America.
Use a gun in a crime, should be mandatory 20 years of Federal time. No plea bargains, no early time off and time is hard time.
If convicted a second time using a firearm in a crime, its sleepy time.
The reality is that joe citizen shoots people pretty regularly.

Midnightrider

FIFY..... We don't have to worry about you doing that, first thing you would need is a real firearm.
There are literally thousands of cases a year where people who are law abiding citizens and buy their guns legally, murder people.

Put your money where your mouth is you stupid hypocrite.

black dog

Free America
There are literally thousands of cases a year where people who are law abiding citizens and buy their guns legally, murder people.

Put your money where your mouth is you stupid hypocrite.

Attachments

• 229374-You-Find-It-Offensive.-I-Find-It-Funny.jpg
    229374-You-Find-It-Offensive.-I-Find-It-Funny.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 111

WingsOfGold

Shame the democraps don't take it serious. They would rather compound it by letting even MORE crime element in through the border. Fact is votes are more important than lives to the shlt on the left.

black dog

Free America
Oh I laugh at your hypocrisy every time I see it.

Tell me again about the awesome red flag laws in your state, you know, the ones with due process after your guns are taken :yay:

I can't help your poor reading skills.
Show us you lying liberal snowflake a few pics of these fantasy firearms you supposedly own.......Thanks, I did finally get the picture of your motorcycle, you didn't say it was a three wheeler..