Between Men and Women

PmoneyandTT

Man has his will -- but women has her way - Oliver Wendell Holmes

If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning - Aristotle Onasis

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"I'm the man of this house until you get home..."

-Sean Morey <a href="http://people.a2000.nl/pamend/man_song.wav">"The Man Song"</a>

Clicking the link will start a download of "The Man Song" which is about 1MB but funny and worth it!

(Edited by vraiblonde at 3:57 pm on Aug. 7, 2001)

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Quote: from PmoneyandTT on 2:34 pm on Aug. 7, 2001[br]Men always want to be a women's first love -- Women like to be a man's last romance - Oscar Wilde

this is why...

"Lucky is the man who is the first love of a woman, but luckier is the woman who is the last love of a man." -Unknown

A woman gives her all the first time around.  Then...she is hurt...and is careful.  A man doesn't know any better the first time around.  The first woman teaches/trains the man.  It benefits his last woman...for he knows now.

(Edited by AnonymousPenguin at 12:36 pm on Dec. 13, 2001)

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Chilly Willy,

"A man doesn't know any better the first time around.  The first woman teaches/trains the man."  

It seems to me from that comment that you have never been married.  Using terms like teaches/trains when talking about a relationship is a sure sign of it never amounting to a hill of beans.  Couples adjust and modify their behavior to make it work.  They have to want to change, you can't make them do it.  The luckier couples do this easily.  Those that think they can teach or train typically end up lonely and cold.  Kind of like sitting on an iceberg.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Ouch!  The same could be said for a woman the first time around.  

Quote: from Ken King on 7:54 pm on Dec. 13, 2001[br]
Couples adjust and modify their behavior to make it work.  They have to want to change, you can't make them do it  The luckier couples do this easily.

So true. :wink:

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Ken,

I hear what you are saying.  I didn't mean it to be the way it came off.  You are correct...a couple does grow individually and together.
However, it seems to me...that the first time a guy finds himself in a serious relationship...the woman he is with has to teach him a few things.  It's not so much that he isn't wanting to change...or that the woman is trying to change him...or that the woman wants to teach... just that he doesn't know certain things and it naturally happens so that the woman teaches him.  Some men were lucky enough to have been taught while they were young.  Unfortuanately, some men have to be taught by the first woman.  It's not a bad thing.  I've just noticed a difference in men in their first serious relationship...and thereafter...in the little things.

Ofcourse, in any relationship....the male and the female learn from each other and help each other grow...

Sharon,
My perspective is that...woman get more frustrated as they progress into relationships :eek: ...so that last guy will end up experiencing all of her frustrations.  The first guy gets to experience the sweet and innocent woman.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Chilly Willy,

"However, it seems to me...that the first time a guy finds himself in a serious relationship...the woman he is with has to teach him a few things."  

The same could be said for the woman too.  It's all about learning and discovering each other.   It's a lifetime project if you want to be happy in a relationship.  I'm happy.

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Ken,

Yes, it is about learning and discovering.  It's definitely a lifetime project...otherwise, you lose.

Good to hear that you are happy.
That's what I'm talking about...
I like to see happily married individuals...

Anyway, in my perspective the two sexes are different...and work differently.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"It's not premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married."

-Matt Barry