BEWARE HORSE TACK Theives in area

Guys:
Calvert County police (along with info from a few friends) want everyone to be aware and alerted that there has been a rash of saddles stolen - Emanuel Church Road, Broomes Island Road, Brandywine area- Seems someone is actually breaking into tack rooms/trucks/traikers and taking the saddles-One even showed up on Ebay the day after it was stolen- :war: Any Info, Please contact Police and beware of any suspicious activity!
T

bcp

In My Opinion
If it showed up on E-Bay, they have no problem tracking down the person that listed it.
somebody should have been busted already.

You would think- but the Broomes Island Farm just got hit and the police were at the tack store in Prince Frederick asking for input if you see or hear anything from these brazen but Nimcompoop Thieves!

R

remaxrealtor

appyday said:
I got alerted yesterday..did not know about the ebay thing though
Who would want your crappy saddle anyway? :war:

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
I guess it's time to get out the engraver and do all our stuff. Looks like we won't be able to ride much with the rain for the rest of the day. I'm always undecided to put ss numbers on the stuff or our phone numbers. Any suggestions before I get it heated up?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
we have brass name plates with MSP and his name TFC :gossip:

can you put the farm name and barn number? Social Security will not give out your info anyway, so what good is a SSN? (I've always wondered that)

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
happyappygirl said:
we have brass name plates with MSP and his name TFC :gossip:

can you put the farm name and barn number? Social Security will not give out your info anyway, so what good is a SSN? (I've always wondered that)

With MSP on it they probably would drop it like a hot potato!! Unless they were REALLY stupid. Could I put FBI and then our phone number????

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
K_Jo said:
So a tack is a saddle? I never knew that.

Yes, but the box with all the grooming and cleaning supplies is NOT a tackle box! One of our barn parents insisted on calling it that :lmao:

W

WildHorses

HorseLady said:
Yes, but the box with all the grooming and cleaning supplies is NOT a tackle box! One of our barn parents insisted on calling it that :lmao:

Oh my goodness, it's a good thing you're not in CC because I think a tackle box would be stolen quicker than a tack box in my part of the world. :lmao: Seriously, thanks for the heads up, that's a little too close for comfort. :howdy:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
K_Jo said:
So a tack is a saddle? I never knew that.
A saddle is included in the term "tack" it's a term that covers anything that goes onto or is used for the horse. :biggrin:

Umm...i'm also using my tack room in the big trailer as new sleeping quarters for my big boy ROTTWEILER...who says "Try me" :killingme