Beware of Salon Haircare in Target, CVS, etc...

sadkins3

Below please find a very important article on diversion that recently came out on MSN.com titled “Beware when stores sell ‘salon-only’ hair care products.” The writer comes from Consumer Affairs, which we all know and trust.

The reporter tackles the salon professional’s diversion issue head-on noting that consumers who buy professional hair-care products at major retailers, grocery stores and drugstores are fueling the diversion industry and may end up with products that are counterfeit, stolen or outdated merchandise.

The article includes information from Redken & Matrix’s websites about anti-diversion (also links to Redken’s anti-diversion page on Redken.com), as well as a quote from Paul Mitchell Co.

As you will see in the article, the reporter purchased Redken, Matrix, and Paul Mitchell products at Target in Kansas and simultaneously at a salon – the Target prices were higher and the products were in bad condition. The reporter also explains that what mass stores like Target are doing is not illegal; it’s the distributor that’s violating its contract with haircare companies.

Below please find the article link:

Beware when stores sell 'salon-only' hair-care products - Smart Spending

Just hoping to help inform.

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind
That is a shame. I don't purchase salon products often but when I do, I buy from the salon. Still a shame. Thinking your getting something great at a lesser price only to find that it isn't all what it's cracked up to be.

jenbengen

Watch it
If you are able to purchase things at the Navy Exchange, I recommend you buy hair products at the salon there. I haven't recently, but they were WAY cheaper for things such as Paul Mitchell.