Beware scammers claiming they're from somd.com

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Patron
I have had calls from Classifieds advertisers saying that they received a call from someone claiming to be from somd.com and that their ad was cancelled and they needed a new card number. The user reports the number was displayed as "Restricted."

I have also received an email from a user where he was apparently being phished for account info.

If you receive a call or email it would only be from David or Dee Jay and if suspicious you should call us at 888-612-0003 to confirm.

Last edited:

DeeJay

Administrator
Staff member
If you receive a call or email it would only be from David or Dee Jay and if suspicious you should call us at 888-612-0003 to confirm.
It's always a good idea to do a callback or get verifying information. Scammers pretend to be legit all the time.

It's exceedingly rare we'll call for your credit card or bank information without you specifically asking us to do so. For instance, if you place a classified and don't want to pay online for whatever reason, you may ask us to call for payment over the phone. But we wouldn't call you for that information unless you asked us to.

ANY unsolicited requests for your credit card information should be considered suspicious.