Bezos Doesn't Care If Employees Die!!!

SamSpade

Lots do

I always knew Starbucks does

My mistake - it's been my observation and experience that companies won't invest the money, because it gets sunk into an employee who may not stay.
Typical programs start at 30-32 hours, depending on the definition of full-time.

Nevertheless, all of these part-time programs charge more for part-times to recoup the lost cost.
Some, like the federal government (my employer) pro-rate the coverage for part-time for just that reason.

I do however disagree with the general observation that a "capitalist" (apparently a pejorative, defined as "successful businessman").
Far too many of the world's richest men are most definitely liberal.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You must not have any liberal/progressive friends that aren’t blocked on social media. My feeds are full of anger about this. Progressives have not been a fan of amazon/Bezos for quite some time

Huh. Well then I feel better about him already.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
Far too many of the world's richest men are most definitely liberal.

Liberal how? Because they are for smart immigration policies and some gun control?

I’ve never considered the country's wealthy to be particularly liberal. If you’re talking about a handful of movie/tv stars that are vocal on various platforms, that’s not a majority.

The quiet elite/rich that run this country do not hold progressive views....period.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You must not have any liberal/progressive friends that aren’t blocked on social media.

Transporter would say a Russian Bot or Communist I have no friends :killingme

1. I'm not on Social Media beyond Facebook and I deleted all of the politics 5 or more yrs ago - now its only Groups for Retro Computers, RPG,'s, Pulp Mags from the 1930's / 60's oh and I bought 2 SUV's via the FB Market Place

2. I'm not a Progressive I do not swim in those circles - I do have a high school class mate who moved to Maine on Facebook Messenger who is a Bernie Supporter and is very proud of her Bernie Doll ... but we are not ' friended ' and I do not go looking at her Facebook page.

[haha she unfriend me back in 2011 for pointing out guns don't kill people, but people do]

Unless it pops up on;

Lucianne.com
Drudge
Reason
Realclearpolitics
Dailywire
The Federalist
PJ Media
Daily Signal

or Tim Pool is talking about in one of his news analysis youtube clips

the story is not on my radar

truby20

Fighting like a girl
Transporter would say a Russian Bot or Communist I have no friends

I don’t believe that

Daily Signal
lucianne.com

Hah, I didn’t know Lucianne Goldbergs site was still up! I loved when she was on Larry King back in the 90s, such an interesting curious woman.

Have you listened to the “Slow Burn” podcast series from Slate about the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal? I knew Lucianne had an important role, I just didn’t know how much!

Even though my politics are wildly different from hers, I still find her facilitating and enjoy hearing what she has to say. I wish she became more of fixture in the nation’s conversation, but maybe she didn’t want it.

GregV814

What about the children!!!!! (Im running around in circles) what about the children of these unemployed???!!!

Hijinx

Liberal how? Because they are for smart immigration policies and some gun control?

I’ve never considered the country's wealthy to be particularly liberal. If you’re talking about a handful of movie/tv stars that are vocal on various platforms, that’s not a majority.

The quiet elite/rich that run this country do not hold progressive views....period.

If the Democrats have a smart immigration policy why don't they vote on it.
Trump has practically begged them to do it?

truby20

Fighting like a girl
You don't seem to know that progressives want rules for others, not for themselves.

Ok, so someone who has never called themselves a progressive, doesn’t appear to back progressive policies, and certainly doesn’t run their companies as a progressive, is a progressive? Help me here, where are you folks getting the idea that Bezos is a progressive?

The left DOES NOT LIKE HIM!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Whoever designed the new Kindle Fire should die. The Audible nag pops up at inopportune times when I'm reading. Unfortunately I frequently fall asleep when reading, and accidentally order the Audible without even realizing it until I see the email from them congratulating me on my purchase. Then I have to contact them and reverse the order, which is a bigger PITA than just not having the damn thing there to begin with.

I bitched to Amazon and they're like :sshrug: . No way to delete it, no way to disable it. I'm done with Kindle and my next tablet will not be from Amazon. I buy books to read, not to be shilled into buying more crap.

BOP

He’s not a progressive, this health care issue is a perfect example that he’s not.

Where are you folks getting the idea that Jeff Bezos is a progressive? Because he bought the Post? He did that as a vanity endeavor.
Actually, it proves the point perfectly that he's a progressive. He made it so that the taxpayer has to pay for the health care of his employees, which is what progressives are all about; spending Other People's Money.

MiddleGround

Federal law does NOT require employers to provide health insurance to part time employees. I would think the many, many uber-successful business owners on this forum would have acknowledged that by now.

If people do not like it... complain to your representative.

BOP

They're for telling the rest of us how to live our lives while never adhering to their own blarney.