Biblical version of "Home Alone".

seekeroftruth

Luke 2:41 Every year Jesus’ parents went to Jerusalem for the Festival of the Passover. 42 When he was twelve years old, they went up to the festival, according to the custom. 43 After the festival was over, while his parents were returning home, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but they were unaware of it. 44 Thinking he was in their company, they traveled on for a day. Then they began looking for him among their relatives and friends. 45 When they did not find him, they went back to Jerusalem to look for him. 46 After three days they found him in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. 47 Everyone who heard him was amazed at his understanding and his answers. 48 When his parents saw him, they were astonished. His mother said to him, “Son, why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you.”
49 “Why were you searching for me?” he asked. “Didn’t you know I had to be in my Father’s house?” 50 But they did not understand what he was saying to them.
51 Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart. 52 And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.
Did you see, this happened around Passover, and it took three days? Just pointing out an irony.... isn't that something!

Jesus was twelve years old. Now to us, He was just a child who got left behind. Think "Home Alone" the movie. But in the days of Jesus, He was a man, who should have been working on getting a wife lined up. Instead, He was listening to the teachers in the temple courts.

Jesus was twelve years old. He would have been in puberty, if He were like all the other humans. He was one of a kind though. Instead of sniffing girls, He preferred to hang out in the temple talking about God.

Now in the next Gospel, we will read that Jesus was there when God created Adam and Eve. He was with His dad when His dad created the earth, the gardens, the animals, and the humans. Those priests were telling him all about "history". Jesus lived it.... they didn't. Jesus watched the humans go to Egypt and then to the promised land. He was there when Joseph was put in the pit. He was there when God spoke to Moses. He was watching when Moses got the 10 Commandments. He witnessed all of that with His dad.

Jesus was only twelve years old in human years. Actually, He was as old as time itself and He was enjoying humanity with those who "thought" they knew what they were talking about. A strange thought came to mind "know your enemy". Check out verse 47.

This is the Biblical version of "Home Alone!".

:coffee:

Please put my youngest daughter on your prayer lists. She just tested positive for COVID again. She works in the hospital, and she avoided COVID until October this year, and now this is her second battle. She's not sick, but she has tested positive... for sure!