Biden Actions ... And Reactions

SamSpade

Dude we pay farmers NOT to produce grains or life stock to inflate the market and keep prices up ..... the planet is far from over populated ...

This is actually one of those bizarre policies I tend to agree with. To keep prices stable and for the well-being of the nation, it's a good thing for FOOD prices to remain at a manageable level. You really can't have a nation run well where vital food items become scarce - then plentiful - at one time very expensive and then later, giveaway prices. And you have a farmer whose crops grow at a slow pace, during certain seasons, and cannot easily just sock it away for a few years at a time, if the market dries up - especially if his product is, say, MILK.

But we do have a population problem PLANETWIDE because in some parts of the world, population growth is not abating whatsoever. WORSE - many nations have PLANNED things around the idea of the young outnumbering the old. Low or negative population growth ensures you will have a nation of old people, who are ill capable of working but who require more care.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
This is actually one of those bizarre policies I tend to agree with.

I understand the argument ... otherwise there would be huge swings in the price of grains between yrs of bumper crops and yrs of scarity

so grow as much as possible .. and give it to the UN in lieu of cash payments

UglyBear

I understand the argument ... otherwise there would be huge swings in the price of grains between yrs of bumper crops and yrs of scarity

so grow as much as possible .. and give it to the UN in lieu of cash payments
Rebuttal to that idea:
Recently there have been news articles about local clothing producers in places like Africa driven out of business by American donations. We get our clothing cheap and disposable from China, then, as act of charity, dump it on developing nations. Price of clothing drops to dirt level, and local producers, not as efficient as the Chinese, fail.
Same would be with food — if we flood those markets with our super cheap food, with the best intentions, that will result in almost all local small farmers to bankruptcy. Leading to more local starvation and poverty.
Globalization is a b@tch, with many facets and unintended consequences.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
How The Biden Administration Is Fact-Checking Your Facebook Feed

Politico revealed that the White House’s (taxpayer-funded) Office of Digital Strategy, the Democratic National Committee’s Counter Disinformation Program, and a private group called Building Back Together “have assumed different roles in monitoring and determining what content is consumed on social media.” Politico did not explain when it became the Biden administration’s place to “determin[e] what content” social media users may consume. But it delineated some of the ways these three organizations have squeezed online platforms — and detailed some of their misguided definitions of “misinformation.”

The White House employs at least two dozen people to “monitor and, if needed, combat disinformation, including encouraging different sites to fact-check false content,” reported Natasha Korecki for Politico. The Office of Digital Strategy is led by “12 Democratic operatives” handpicked by Biden, according to The Hill.

The White House operation spends its days not just fending “off falsehoods,” but “ensuring a steady stream of factual and positive information flows onto social media platforms,” according to Politico. The director of the White House unit, Rob Flaherty, said his people concentrate on “sharing our messages into places where there is a lot of disinformation,” such as “the channels that those folks who are in those audiences trust” — presumably, the social media accounts of conservative-leaning websites and news outlets.

[clip]

Korecki reported that one of the “conspiracy theories” Democrats condemn is that Dr. Anthony Fauci has been less than forthcoming about COVID-19’s origins and mitigation efforts. “Conservatives on social media for more than a year had undertaken efforts to discredit Fauci,” Korecki wrote. “Increasingly, those efforts had relied on exaggerations, misrepresentations and outright conspiracies,” which have “moved from the fringes to a presidential forum.” She did not mention Fauci’s undeniable record of self-contradictions and public fibs.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
7 False Claims The President Has Made On Firearms

Is it true that gun shows don’t require background checks?

“Most people don’t know: If you walk into a store and you buy a gun, you have a background check. But you go to a gun show, you can buy whatever you want and no background check,” Biden said on April 8.

But Joe Biden shouldn’t know this, either, because it’s false. Federal law requires any gun seller who holds a Federal Firearms License (FFL) to conduct a background check on the would-be buyer before completing the purchase, regardless of where the sale takes place. That includes gun shows.

Private individuals may sell firearms to people who live in their own state without a background check — but FFL holders may also “facilitate” private sales by performing background checks, if one of the parties requests it. A survey funded by a gun control organization found that nearly 80% of all gun sales in the previous year included a background check.

Aside from federal mandates, 16 states and the District of Columbia require background checks on all firearms sales as of this writing, according to the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

What is the truth about the ‘Charleston loophole’?

Biden cited another frequent gun ownership myth on April 8, according to the White House transcript: the co-called Charleston loophole. “If the FBI hasn’t com- — didn’t complete the background check within three days — There’s a process. If wasn’t done in three days, according to Charleston loophole, you get to buy the gun. [The Charleston shooter] bought the gun and killed a hell of a lot of innocent people.”

Under federal law, FBI background checks must be completed within three days; if they are not, the seller may (but does not have to) proceed with the sale. But the Charleston church shooter procured a weapon despite the fact that he had been listed (erroneously) as a felony drug user, something not uncovered for months after the purchase. Rather than exposing the incompetence of the federal bureaucracy, gun control advocates say this proves the federal government should be given more authority over law-abiding citizens’ self-defense choices. And rather than tell federal employees to speed the process up, a proposal from Rep. James Clyburn (D-SC) would extend the period to 10 days.

In reality, the background check would likely not have prevented the purchase of the firearm used in the Charleston shooting, because the shooter had been charged with a misdemeanor, not a felony. Whether drug possession would have been enough to keep a gun out of his hands is legally ambiguous.

Do gun manufacturers have ‘absolute immunity’ from lawsuits?

Do ‘red flag’ laws reduce suicide?

Were there 150 million ‘gun deaths’ in 13 years?

Can you own a machine gun?

Has the Second Amendment always regulated who can own guns, and limited the kinds of weapons they can own?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

It’s a good theory. I’m not sure what is worse, though: Biden mistaking Waters for Demings, or Biden thinking Waters, a total wacko, would make a good U.S. senator. Waters is a rabid left-wing conspiracy theorist who believes Reagan’s CIA created the urban crack cocaine epidemic in the ’80s. Last summer, she claimed Trump sent federal agents to Portland, Oregon, as a trial run for using the military to start a civil war if he wasn’t reelected. She’s also incited violence against Trump supporters. It’s amazing that Biden could actually get her name wrong, let alone confuse her with another person entirely. But this is typical for someone whose cognitive health has been questioned for years.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
On A Collision Course With National Disaster

The administration is creating total societal chaos, fomenting disorder and undermining the rule of law at every turn. As the first duty of government is to protect and defend its citizens, we might be alarmed to consider that the administration is engaged in a multipronged strategy to do the opposite. It is shrinking our military, which defends against foreign threats. It is at war with law enforcement, which ensures domestic tranquility, and it is destroying our southern border. It is systematically destroying our liberty and prosperity.

Could there be a better formula for societal and national destruction? Most of these matters are not debatable.

Yes, we are emasculating our military at warp speed and converting it into a playground for social experiments and racial disharmony, just when China is hellbent on world domination and aggressively expanding its military and technological budgets and flexing its muscles around the globe. Never mind the militant designs of Russia and Iran, to name a few, and disregard that other freedom-friendly nations are hardly in a position to pick up the slack.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden's Response to 'Colossal' Ransomware Attack Shows Just How Far Gone He Is

But, check out Joe responding to that question, because this is bad. He needs note cards, just to respond to whether or not he thinks it’s Russia. The question came from behind the counter at the King Orchards farm store in Michigan during his visit there, but I’m thinking it was press — even though it was behind the counter — because the staff wouldn’t be asking that.

“We’re not sure it was the Russians,” Biden responded to a question about the attack. “I got a brief as I was on the plane. That’s why I was late getting off the plane.” He then pays for purchases.

“I’ll be in better shape to talk about it,” Biden said. He then pulled out a note card, as he said, “I’ll tell you what they sent me, okay?” He read that note and said that “we’re not sure who it is for sure, number one.” He also said that he directed the government to assist in the response. “The director of the intelligence community, he gave me a deep dive on what’s happened. And I’ll know better tomorrow,” Biden said.

He said if Putin was aware of it, he had previously had told Putin they would respond to attacks; although he hadn’t spoken to him about this latest incident.

How bad is he when, for such a simple question, he needs a note card to even deliver that confused answer? It’s just a few words, and it’s not really even an answer; it’s a stall response. So, if he can’t even do that without reading instructions, he’s really up a creek without a paddle. And it feels like it’s getting worse.

But hey, the media did report what pies Biden ordered.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Quid Pro Joe? Biden's Pick for Ambassador to Germany Raises a Lot of Questions

But, Hunter and his business associates aren’t the only, unanswered questions about Joe’s dealings. It was announced Friday that Biden would be nominating Amy Gutmann, the long-term president of the University of Pennsylvania, to be Ambassador to Germany.

[clip]

Biden also helped found the Penn Biden Center at the university. Except no one seems to know/or be willing to answer where the money for the Center came from. It officially opened in February 2018 and became a place to work for his past and future aides. As I wrote last year, the funding of the Biden Center raised questions.

From Free Beacon:

This past week, the National Legal and Policy Center, a government watchdog group, filed a complaint with the Department of Education regarding the University of Pennsylvania and Joe Biden asking for an investigation into the funding at the University of Pennsylvania and the Penn Biden Center.
I reported how the University of Pennsylvania got over $61 million in gifts and contracts from China, with $21 million of that being “anonymous gifts.” NLPC was trying to get to the bottom of it.

From Free Beacon:

The donations included a $502,750 “monetary gift” in October 2017 from the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs, a Chinese government agency that helps administer the regime’s “Thousand Talents Plan.” Federal prosecutors claim the program is linked to Chinese espionage operations at American universities and have prosecuted academics for hiding their involvement in it. Other contributors included China’s Zhejiang University, the China Merchants Bank, and the China Everbright Group, a state-owned investment group, according to federal records.
That wasn’t all.

The Biden Center is part of the University of Pennsylvania’s “Penn Global” department, headed by Biden’s campaign health care adviser Ezekiel Emanuel, which handles the university’s foreign research and outreach programs.
Those programs have become increasingly focused on China in recent years. According to the Penn Global website, the university has “over 20 international partnerships with Chinese institutions” and has conducted “over 350 research projects and instructional activities in China.”

So, it would seem rather important to know about those funding sources — not only for the Biden Center and Joe Biden, but for this nominee. Plus, it seems pretty important to know to what foreign research in China or Chinese institutions the Biden Center was connected with, given everything that has gone on with Chinese research and the pandemic.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Nepotism in the Biden administration.

The Biden administration is also a family affair when it comes to appointments. High-level Biden appointees secured the hiring of numerous family members, according to The Washington Post.

The little-known Biden aide Steve Ricchetti serves as a prime example, with three of his children serving in the executive branch. Politico reported on June 14 that “J.J. RICCHETTI will be a special assistant in the office of legislative affairs. He joins his sister, SHANNON RICCHETTI, who is a deputy associate director for the White House social secretary, and one of his brothers, DANIEL RICCHETTI, who is a senior advisor in the office of the under secretary of State for arms control and international security, in the Biden administration.” (Emphases in original.)

The problem? J.J.’s record of “accomplishment consists primarily of graduating from college — last year,” wrote Walter M. Shaub Jr. in The Washington Post. Thanks to apparent family favoritism, “The Treasury Department will lack the ideas and experiences that someone with a different background (and probably better qualifications) would have brought to the job. In years to come, the nation may miss out on that individual’s contributions as yet another Ricchetti heir follows a predestined trajectory through the halls of power.”

Richetti has company. National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan has three relatives “serving” in the Biden administration: brother Tom Sullivan is the State Department’s deputy chief of staff for policy; sister-in-law Rose Baumann Sullivan, Tom’s wife, is HHS acting assistant secretary for legislation; and Jake’s wife, Maggie Goodlande, serves as a counsel to Attorney General Merrick Garland.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden White House Takes Credit for Reducing COVID by Ninety Percent

The Biden administration officially failed to achieve getting 70 percent of adults vaccinated by Independence Day. To compensate for this failure, they’re trying to claim a different victory—one that isn’t theirs.

“We’ve reduced the percentage of people who are getting COVID, who are dying of COVID, by 90 percent,” White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said on Saturday. “That’s a huge, significant achievement.”

It sure is. But, it’s Trump’s achievement, not Biden’s.

The biggest factor in reducing COVID cases and deaths is no doubt that we got three vaccines in less than a year. That’s a Trump accomplishment, not a Biden accomplishment.

“Isn’t it incredible that because of the vaccines, which I and my Administration came up with years ahead of schedule … that we no longer need masks, and yet our names are not even mentioned in what everybody is calling the modern day miracle of the vaccines?” Trump asked in a statement back in May. Trump also noted that “everyone, including Fauci, said it would never happen.”

herb749

For all the complaints over people on the right not getting the vaccines, would it help their cause if the gave Trump some credit for them.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
U.S. Taxpayers May Have To Pay $15 Billion In Damages To Canadian Firm Because Biden Canceled Pipeline

TC Energy announced last month that they were scrapping the project because revoked the permit needed to complete the pipeline. Fox Business noted that a study from the State Department found that the pipeline would have created 26,100 indirect and direct jobs.

TC Energy announced last week that it had “filed a Notice of Intent to initiate a legacy North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) claim under the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement to recover economic damages resulting from the revocation of the Keystone XL Project’s Presidential Permit,” the company said in a statement. “TC Energy will be seeking to recover more than US$15 billion in damages that it has suffered as a result of the U.S. Government’s breach of its NAFTA obligations.”

The Notice of Intent was filed with the U.S. Department of State.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Biden Administration Banned Me From COVID Relief Because I’m A White Man

When the Biden administration promised the American Rescue Plan Act’s Restaurant Revitalization Fund would provide financial aid to restaurants through the Small Business Administration (SBA), we were relieved. I registered for an account the Friday before the application portal opened. On Monday, May 3, I was sitting at my computer within an hour of the portal’s opening to complete the application.
I answered the questions honestly, including the ones asking about race and sex. After I applied, I received an email saying I would not be considered for funding for at least 21 days, while other “priority” applicants — women and minorities — were considered.
As a Hispanic woman, my wife fits both of those categories. But because we each own 50 percent of the venture, and I am a white man, we were sent to the back of the application line. We also heard the SBA would likely run out of funds by the time we could be considered.
We could not believe it. Here we were, a once successful and booming restaurant, knocked down by government lockdowns and looking for any help to get back on our feet. Yet we were denied priority, not because other restaurants had greater needs, but because of my sex and race. This is not what America is about.