Biden Actions ... And Reactions

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm surprised there is nothing in their about promoting/expanding minority-owned meat packing plant opportunities.

Well, once the unionize them, Labor owns them, or at least the only part they really care about, which is the votes of all the workers, and the dues paid that get converted to political skim, I mean campaign contributions.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Holds Fewer Press Conferences and Interviews Than the Last Five Presidents

Biden’s handlers have limited his press conference access severely. He has only given nine during his first year as president, and three of those were with foreign leaders who were visiting the United States. In contrast, Trump gave 22 press conferences his first year. Barack Obama gave 27. Clinton gave 38, and George H.W. Bush 31. George W. Bush was the least press-conference-accessible president besides Biden, with 19.

Old Joe is hardly more available for press interviews than he is for press conferences. He gave 22 during his first year in office; Trump gave 92, and Obama 156, according to an analysis by Martha Joynt Kumar of Town University, director of the White House Transition Project. Biden has taken questions at other events that are not press conferences or interviews, but this enables him to give brief and cursory answers: “While President Biden has taken questions more often at his events than his predecessors, he spends less time doing so. He provides short answers with few follow-ups when he takes questions at the end of a previously scheduled speech.”

[clip]

Very well. And looking at it as a whole, it’s clear that Joe Biden isn’t really running things and is just a frontman for the shadowy cabal that really is in charge. If Biden, a man whose dementia becomes more apparent by the day, really were running things, that would be even worse, and no one knows that as intimately as do his handlers. Missouri State University professor Brian Ott suggests that Biden’s approval ratings are so shockingly low because he hasn’t been out there making his case before the American people: “The presidency has always been a predominantly rhetorical enterprise,” according to Ott. “You can’t drive an agenda without vision casting and part of that has to go through the mainstream press.”

herb749

Yeah Joe, where's the half billion in test kits that were being sent out. I'm sure his handlers reply will be he didn't really say that.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden claims he was arrested in civil rights protest

“I did not walk in the shoes of generations of students who walked these grounds, but I walked other grounds. Cause I’m so damn old I was there as well,” the 79-year-old president said. “You think I’m kidding, man. It seems like yesterday the first time I got arrested.”

Whjte House spokespeople did not immediately respond to The Post’s request for information on Biden’s purported arrests. His 2007 autobiography “Promises to Keep” describes no such arrests.

In 2020, Biden infamously claimed he “had the great honor of being arrested” in South Africa when he was “trying to get to see [Nelson Mandela] on Robben Island,” where Mandela was in prison until 1990. He said Mandela thanked him for it. Later, he admitted that it was untrue and that “I wasn’t arrested, I was stopped. I was not able to move where I wanted to go.”

Hijinx

I had an Aunt who had been in the nursing home for a while and she would tell me about the trips she had taken while there.
Of course she never left the place, but she was having a great time in her mind.

IMO sleepy Joe is not lying, he believes he was arrested.
His mind is in the same state as my Aunt's.
Of course she wasn't President..

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
There Is ‘No Path’ For Biden’s Voting Overhaul

“Kyrsten Sinema shut the door to any changes to the Senate filibuster rules even before Joe Biden came here,” Raju continued. “And remember just the process of how this would play out. In order to pass a bill through the regular order, to overcome a filibuster in the Senate, that requires 60 votes — that means 50 Democrats, ten Republicans.”

“Republicans are steadfast against these two bills that Democrats are trying to approve, the Freedom to Vote Act and also the John Lewis Voting Rights Act, they oppose that,” Raju explained. “Now the other way is to change the rules. In order two change the rules to allow the bill to pass by just 51 votes — 50 votes with Kamala Harris breaking the tie — they need all Democrats on board in the 50/50 Senate. Sinema said she will not support lowering the 60-vote threshold, she worries that could have drastic ramifications for the country in the long term.”

Kyle

Ultra-MAGA
PREMO Member

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden has no answers, gives no cause for hope in presidential news conference

Sadly, on the eve of the one-year anniversary of his inauguration, President Biden provided no cause for hope. The president had no answers for struggling Americans who are losing faith in government or for those concerned about his competency and mental fitness. The main takeaway from Wednesday’s question and answer session at the White House is unmistakable: the malaise and uncertainty we’re all feeling are real.

First of all, Americans are not better off today than they were a year ago. Over 450,000 of our countrymen and women have died from COVID-19 on Joe Biden’s watch, and on Wednesday the president continued to cause confusion about vaccines and boosters. The president characterized the COVID-19 pandemic as a job not yet finished, but millions of Americans think the situation has become worse since last year – and they’re not wrong.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden’s press conference was an utter disaster

Even though he spent most of it clearly calling on reporters from a list of “safe” questioners provided by his staff, he stumbled and bumbled and all too often made no sense at all. Plus, he repeated his bizarre “whisper shout” gimmick to emphasize certain points — when what it actually emphasizes is his age.

On that note, he kept walking down memory lane, reminiscing about how “in my day” cable news was like that; the Republican Party was like this, and so on. He’s fighting old wars in his head, or maybe just confused about the modern world.

Yet he couldn’t remember what he said last week, insisting he hadn’t compared opponents of end-running the Senate filibuster rules to pass the nationalize-election-law bill to Bull Connor and Jefferson Davis. Yet minutes later he warned those same (Democratic!) senators that their supposedly infamous position will stick with them all the rest of their days.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Elections Might Not Be Legitimate If My Leftist Voting Rights Agenda Is Not Passed

“Speaking of voting rights legislation, if this isn’t passed, do you still believe the upcoming election will be fairly conducted and its results will be legitimate?” a reporter asked Biden.

“Well, it all depends on whether or not we’re able to make the case to the American people that some of this is being set up to try to alter the outcome of the election,” Biden claimed. “And it’s one thing, look, maybe I’m just being too much of an optimist, remember how we thought not that many people were going to show up to vote in the middle of a pandemic? [And] we had the highest voter turnout in the history of the United States of America.”

“Well, I think if in fact, no matter how hard they make it for minorities to vote, I think you’re gonna see them willing to stand in line and defy the attempt to keep them from being able to vote,” Biden said. “I think you’re going to see the people who would try to keep from being able to show up, showing up and making the sacrifice that needs to [be made] in order to change the law back to what it should be.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
An epidemic of constitutional illiteracy threatens our nation

President Biden’s December statement declared that he alone would decide what sensitive information to share with Congress, irrespective of the NDAA’s text. After stating he was signing into law the entire bill, the president hypocritically proclaimed, “The Constitution vests the President with the authority to prevent the disclosure of such highly sensitive information in order to discharge his responsibility to protect the national security.” Accordingly, said Biden, he would disregard the plain meaning of the law in favor of limitless discretion over national security information.

Nonsense on stilts. Not a single express or implied word in the Constitution endows the president with authority to withhold from Congress information related to the security of the republic. Responsibility resides predominantly with Congress, as Alexander Hamilton elaborated in Federalist 69:

The President is to be commander-in-chief of the army and navy of the United States. In this respect his authority would be nominally the same with that of the king of Great Britain, but in substance much inferior to it. It would amount to nothing more than the supreme command and direction of the military and naval forces, as first General and admiral of the Confederacy; while that of the British king extends to the DECLARING of war and to the RAISING and REGULATING of fleets and armies, all which, by the Constitution under consideration, would appertain to the legislature.

George Washington similarly underscored congressional responsibility for national security: “The Constitution vests the power of declaring war in Congress; therefore no offensive expedition of importance can be undertaken until after they shall have deliberated upon the subject, and authorized such a measure.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Political World Reacts to Biden's Comments About Potential Illegitimacy in 2022 Elections

In response to a question about potential illegitimacy in the 2022 midterm elections, Biden said "it easily could be illegitimate. Imagine if, in fact, Trump has succeeded in convincing Pence to not count the votes." The reporter then clarified that they were asking about the 2022 elections rather than 2020, and Biden added "...I'm not going to say it's going to be legit. It's the increase and the prospect of being illegitimate is in direct proportion to us not being able to get these reforms passed." White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said later that Biden "was not casting doubt" on the legitimacy of the 2022 midterms, and accused former President Donald Trump of "putting our democracy at risk" with continued claims about 2020 election fraud.

Coverage was more common from right-rated sources, which often framed Biden's remarks as confusing and potentially dangerous; some reports framed Psaki and Vice President Kamala Harris as dodging questions about the remarks or doubling down on Biden's comments. Reports from left-rated sources tended to focus on clarifications from Psaki and Harris. ABC News (Lean Left bias) reported that Psaki and Harris "worked to dispel" mistrust in elections that Biden's comments could have caused. Reports from Axios (Center bias), Washington Examiner (Lean Right bias) and others framed Biden's "easily could be illegitimate" comment as being about the 2022 elections; CNN implied that Biden misunderstood the question and was instead referring to 2020 with that comment.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
All the more reason I quit being an election judge after last election. Don't wanna be part of that mess.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden Energy Officials Grilled on Proposed Pipeline Regulation, Rumored Natural Gas Export Ban

For Yes or No Questions, Yes or No Answers Uncommon

Glick and Turk were questioned by representatives, at times drawing criticism from them for not answering yes or no questions with either a “yes” or a “no.”

Claims that some in the Biden administration may be pursuing a ban on LNG exports were a point of uncertainty during the hearing. Upton asked Turk to clarify whether such a ban was being considered.

“We have been looking at the full range of tools that we’ve got in our toolbelt,” Turk said.

Rep. Larry Bucshon (R-Ind.) later echoed Upton’s question to Turk: “Yes or no—is an [LNG and crude oil] export ban on the table?”

“An export ban, either on the LNG side or on the oil side, is not something we’re currently discussing and under consideration,” Turk replied.

Rep. Bill Johnson (R-Ohio) asked Turk if he agreed with a recent statement from his superior, Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm, that “pipe is the best way to go” when it comes to moving fuel. As Turk began to elaborate, Johnson interrupted: “It’s a yes or no answer.”

“Yes, there are standards—” Turk began before being interrupted by Johnson.

“I don’t know about you, Mr. deputy secretary, but I do agree that pipe is the best way to go,” Johnson said.

Rep. Tim Walberg (R-Mich.) pressed Turk on a topic key to the Line 5 pipeline in his home state, asking him if he supported pipeline construction between the United States and Canada.

“I think we should be clear on this—it’s not the pipeline issue that’s caused the current affordability challenge that we have,” Turk began before being interrupted by Walberg.

“I’m not asking you that,” Walberg said. “I’m amazed that Secretary Granholm, having been in front of us before, last year, and asking questions about Keystone pipeline and Line 5 pipeline as well, that you weren’t prepped to respond to questions that you knew we would ask.”

Rep. Gary Palmer (R-Ala.) voiced a similar sentiment.

“I’m stuck somewhere between perplexed and confused and ashamed at how unwilling you are to give a straight answer to a straight question,” Palmer said.

Rep. Jerry McNerney (D-Calif.) received a crisper answer to his yes or no question: “Does climate change and the associated extreme weather events pose a risk to the reliable delivery of energy products like oil and natural gas? Please answer yes or no.”

“Yes it does, congressman,” Glick replied.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Interesting article on NHK news yesterday. Japan has completed a huge super tanker to transport liquid hydrogen. They manufacture hydrogen from coal in Australia, and ship it back to Japan.

Hijinx

is it ok to ask what sort of energy is used to turn coal into hydrogen?

Being ignorant of such things can we assume that the hydrogen is being used as a fuel that leaves emissions of water vapor?
That being great for the environment. But what damage to the environment is the making of this hydrogen from coal?
Dumb question?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
is it ok to ask what sort of energy is used to turn coal into hydrogen? You can ask, but I have no clue. Didn't even know it was a worthwhile thing to do.

Being ignorant of such things can we assume that the hydrogen is being used as a fuel that leaves emissions of water vapor? The news article said no CO2, and a by-product of burning is water, so I'd say yes.
That being great for the environment. But what damage to the environment is the making of this hydrogen from coal? ?
Dumb question?