Biden Actions ... And Reactions

Clem72

Or people could just stop breaking the law.

Iike that is going to happen.

Listen, I have been on this earth likely near as long as you have, and with the exception of one cousin who apparently loves to drive drunk I don't have a single relative that I know of who has ever been charged with or convicted of a crime. Unless speeding tickets count.

That issue has nothing to do with the fact that I don't want to pay to keep people in prison who don't belong there, or don't deserve to be there as long as they are charged.

And were not talking about everyone, or 1 in 2, hell it may be only 1%. But that's 1% of wasted taxpayer money.

And to be completely honest, what do I care if they accidentally let a bunch of freaks out early. As you said, most of these guys are repeat offenders, but by and large they do their deeds in their own neighborhoods against their own acquaintances. And I don't live in one of those neighborhoods.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Or people could just stop breaking the law.

At last count our humble household has a combined 118 years here on earth. The last count we had zero felony convictions. Likewise we have zero misdemeanor convictions. Now before you dismiss my claims with a yeah but about how we had a high priced legal defense team ala OJ that won us freedom while absolutely, unequivocally, 100% guilty, you would be wrong. We are people that obey the laws of society. Yet somehow I read about people with 30 - 40 arrests and have been alive 1/3 of the amount of time that I've been around.

People play in the NBA because they are good at what they do. People end up in prison because they are bad at breaking the law. If the percentage of the people in jail are disproportionate to their racial makeup of the country, then that group has a criminality problem. It's not the prison that has a racial problem. Cops aren't rounding up minorities willy nilly and tossing them to prosecutors to have a court convict them and hand them jail sentences.
Fixed a glaring error

yes it really glared at me

Louise

Looks like he sent off for one of those "Learn to Draw" things in the back of a comic book.

He is one up on the Magic Muslim, though, with a rack of pens and not 1, but 2 phones.

God bless the USA. Period.

Last edited:
Reactions: BOP

Louise

Its likely not him. Its the people behind him pushing the papers in front of him to sign.

Welcome to 1984. It just took longer than George thought. I will, always, think of Trump as Communism interrupted. Like his persona, or not; he is a patriot. Period. It is, now, on our doorstep. It only took a week. Wow. Fair well, y’all, and God bless the USA.

Last edited:

Hijinx

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Interesting Development with the Biden Plan to Slash the Trump Tax Cuts

During the 2020 campaign, you all heard it. Joe Biden was going to nix the Trump tax cuts if elected president. That’s a massive tax increase on the middle class, but it resonates with the Democratic base. It’s a play to those urban-based fools who take everything MSNBC says about this economic initiative by the Trump White House, one that benefitted everyone especially the middle class. It’s one that even Bernie Sanders said they would benefit the middle class, as 91 percent of middle-income earners would be getting relief for the next decade. Sanders’ only complaint was—get this—the Trump tax cuts didn’t go far enough. CBS News also found three families from different states and economic backgrounds who all benefitted from the Trump tax cuts. It spurred economic growth, allowed businesses to give bonuses to workers, and generated the climate necessary for the booming jobs growth we saw under Trump before COVID hit.

So, now, with Joe Biden the Oval Office, he plans to take aim at the Trump tax cuts, or will he? Even The New York Times is saying that they won’t gut the whole package. It’ll be a tinkering of sorts. It just shows you that maybe the Trump tax cuts were, I don’t know—good for the economy. I mean, that’s all I can gather since they plan to make a huge portion of the Trump tax cuts permanent. (via NYT):

Mr. Biden is now in the White House, and his party controls both chambers of Congress. Yet he and his aides are committing to only a partial rollback of the law, with their focus on provisions that help corporations and the very rich. It’s a position that Mr. Biden held throughout the campaign, and that he clarified in the September debate by promising to only partly repeal a corporate rate cut.
In some cases, including tax cuts that help lower- and middle-class Americans, they are looking to make Mr. Trump’s temporary tax cuts permanent.

Hijinx

Get rid of the trump tax cuts and just send ever5ybody a check for $2,000 dollars.
Those who are smart will save the $2,000 dollars Joe sends you to pay the taxes, when Biden takes away the tax cut.

Does anyone else see the sense in this/

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Get rid of the trump tax cuts and just send everybody a check for $2,000 dollars.

Yes this way you are DEPENDANT on further Gov Largess .. it's not keeping YOUR Money, but now you NEED their handout

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden Tells Federal Bureaucrats To Approve Regulations With Benefits That Are 'Impossible To Quantify'

Specifically, Biden instructed those officials to revamp their regulatory review processes to "promote public health and safety, economic growth, social welfare, racial justice, environmental stewardship, human dignity, equity, and the interests of future generations." The memo also states that the new regime "serves as a tool to affirmatively promote regulations."

Towards that end, Biden's memo says that his administration will alter the Office of Management and Budget's rules regarding regulations "to ensure that the review process…fully accounts for regulatory benefits that are difficult or impossible to quantify."
In other words, if a bureaucrat can conceive of a way that new regulations could advance the goals of racial justice or environmental health, those political aims should be counted as benefits—even if they can't, well, actually be counted.

Hijinx

Biden Tells Federal Bureaucrats To Approve Regulations With Benefits That Are 'Impossible To Quantify'

Specifically, Biden instructed those officials to revamp their regulatory review processes to "promote public health and safety, economic growth, social welfare, racial justice, environmental stewardship, human dignity, equity, and the interests of future generations." The memo also states that the new regime "serves as a tool to affirmatively promote regulations."

Towards that end, Biden's memo says that his administration will alter the Office of Management and Budget's rules regarding regulations "to ensure that the review process…fully accounts for regulatory benefits that are difficult or impossible to quantify."
In other words, if a bureaucrat can conceive of a way that new regulations could advance the goals of racial justice or environmental health, those political aims should be counted as benefits—even if they can't, well, actually be counted.

Sounds like Gobbledygoop to me. Mostly Bullsht.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden asks Supreme Court to cancel arguments on border wall, asylum cases

"The President has directed the Executive Branch to undertake an assessment of 'the legality of the funding and contracting methods used to construct the wall,'" the administration wrote to the court.

[clip]

In both cases, the filings noted that the challengers had agreed to the delays posed by the Biden administration.

"We are relieved to see a pause on wall construction while the Biden administration decides whether to defend Trump’s illegal and disastrous national emergency declaration,” Gloria Smith, a managing attorney at the Sierra Club, said in a release.

“Ultimately, the destructive border wall must be torn down.... The new administration must implement a new vision for the borderlands — one that protects human rights, tribal sovereignty and the environment,” she added.

Tear down the border wall but keep a wall around Congress

frequentflier

happy to be living

"The President has directed the Executive Branch to undertake an assessment of 'the legality of the funding and contracting methods used to construct the wall,'" the administration wrote to the court.

[clip]

In both cases, the filings noted that the challengers had agreed to the delays posed by the Biden administration.

"We are relieved to see a pause on wall construction while the Biden administration decides whether to defend Trump’s illegal and disastrous national emergency declaration,” Gloria Smith, a managing attorney at the Sierra Club, said in a release.

“Ultimately, the destructive border wall must be torn down.... The new administration must implement a new vision for the borderlands — one that protects human rights, tribal sovereignty and the environment,” she added.

Maybe all the Sierra club members should have to take in one or two families coming over the border for a couple years.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden Tried to Remove a Former Trump Official From an ADVISORY Post. Well, That's Against the Law

Severino filed a lawsuit in federal district court, asking for a preliminary injunction to prevent Biden from terminating his employment or to reinstate him should Biden illegally attempt to fire him.

“The statute governing ACUS provides that Mr. Severino’s term on the Council lasts for three years, and the statute makes no provision or allowance for at-will Presidential removal,” the lawsuit states. “President Biden has no authority to terminate Mr. Severino’s appointment to the Council under 5 U.S.C. § 595(b) or Article II of the Constitution. Mr. Severino seeks a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction to prevent this unlawful removal.”

According to the lawsuit, Gautam Raghavan, the deputy director of the White House Presidential Personnel Office, sent Severino an email on February 2, threatening to terminate Severino’s employment unless he should resign. The email read:

Good afternoon,
I am writing on behalf of President Biden to request your resignation
from the Administrative Conference of the United States Council by
5:00 p.m. ET tomorrow, Wednesday, February 3. If you do not resign
by that time, your appointment to the Council will be terminated.
Thank you for your time and service.

This bald abuse of power echoes the Biden administration’s callousness in dealing with former Trump administration employees. Biden’s administration denied parental leave benefits to pregnant women who served in the Trump administration.

“I got completely screwed,” Vanessa Ambrosini, who worked in the Trump administration for four years, told Politico. “There were no caveats in that language saying anything about if the administration turns, you get nothing and of course, that happened and so I got nothing.” Her benefits had been approved for January through March by the Commerce Department’s human resources office, but she was informed the day before her baby was due that her leave would be discontinued after January 20, effectively canceling a benefit she was already using.

BOP

[clip]

Sounds like we no longer need a Judicial or a Legislative branch of the Government. I forget, what do they call that again?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Before then, millions of Americans are projected to remain jobless though that has not kept the Biden administration from pursuing a labor policy that floods the United States labor market with millions of illegal aliens, foreign visa workers, and green card-holders.

At the U.S.-Mexico border, Biden has restarted the Catch and Release program, which frees border crossers and illegal aliens into the interior of the country while they await their asylum hearings. Previously, a series of cooperative agreements with Central America and the Remain in Mexico policy had effectively ended Catch and Release, drastically cutting asylum fraud.

Many of those border crossers and illegal aliens will hunt for mostly blue-collar American jobs that otherwise would go to Americans.

Similarly, Biden has suggested he will surge refugee resettlement to the U.S. by 2022, seek an amnesty for nearly all illegal aliens, and block reforms to various visa programs while seeking an increase in legal immigration levels.

Millions of Americans Projected to Remain Jobless as Biden Packs U.S. Labor Force with Foreign Workers

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Top Union Leader Slams Biden’s Job-Killing Order: ‘Cost Us Jobs,’ Needs To Consider ‘Future Of Country’

AFL-CIO president Richard Trumka slammed President Joe Biden during an interview that aired in part on Sunday over his executive order that canceled the Keystone XL Pipeline, which cost a lot of people their jobs.

“Organized labor is crucial to the Biden coalition. But there are significant tensions among environmentalists, the president’s team addressing climate change and some parts of the labor movement,” Axios reported. “The Laborers’ International Union of North America said the Keystone decision will cost 1,000 existing union jobs and 10,000 projected construction jobs.”