Biden Actions ... And Reactions

Clem72

They invested in quite an array of new models, new technology. etc. Problem is they waited a bit too long to do it.

It was really just a joke.... But I will say buyers always seemed to want them as loud and as leaky as possible, typically not things associated with being palatable to the public.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It was really just a joke.... But I will say buyers always seemed to want them as loud and as leaky as possible, typically not things associated with being palatable to the public.
I like the loud part...and I've been pretty lucky with the leaky part. Even my 1947 U was relatively leak free...a rarity for those. My 2001 dresser does not leak at all.

Clem72

I like the loud part...and I've been pretty lucky with the leaky part. Even my 1947 U was relatively leak free...a rarity for those. My 2001 dresser does not leak at all.

Never been a motorcycle guy myself. Not since I took my old mans new T100 out for a spin and lost traction on the first corner of our dirt road and slid through a wire fence and into a ditch.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Never been a motorcycle guy myself. Not since I took my old mans new T100 out for a spin and lost traction on the first corner of our dirt road and slid through a wire fence and into a ditch.
I've had motorcycles since I was a kid..and I'm soon 63. Lost count a long time ago how many its been, but I gave up offroad bikes quite a few years ago.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I've had motorcycles since I was a kid..and I'm soon 63. Lost count a long time ago how many its been, but I gave up offroad bikes quite a few years ago.
Same. Started riding when I was about 10 on a modified bicycle with a 2.5hp motor. What a kludge...:lol: Off road was a favorite, but this old body can't take it anymore. Hell, I had to give up my 2-wheeler for the same reasons, had to add an extra wheel for stability.

Hijinx

Same. Started riding when I was about 10 on a modified bicycle with a 2.5hp motor. What a kludge...:lol: Off road was a favorite, but this old body can't take it anymore. Hell, I had to give up my 2-wheeler for the same reasons, had to add an extra wheel for stability.

I started on a Cushman scooter when I was about 7 I had to stand on it because I couldn't reach the seat. Had man bikes since then
I would have to say the most trouble free and easily ridden one was a Honda 550 4 cyl., but I have had several Harleys and the one I have now will last me till they put me in the ground. The worst was the 1976 Harley. It took two hours to put back what fell off and get it ready for the next ride.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
CNN: Biden Admin Considering Using Private Firms To Conduct Warrantless Surveillance Of U.S. Citizens

“The plan being discussed inside DHS, according to multiple sources, would, in effect, allow the department to circumvent” laws that limit what the federal government can do in surveilling U.S. citizens without a warrant, CNN reported. “A source familiar with the effort said it is not about decrypting data but rather using outside entities who can legally access these private groups to gather large amounts of information that could help DHS identify key narratives as they emerge.”

The report claimed that the private firms that the Biden administration is considering using would “act as middlemen” to obtain the information, which would consist of “broad summaries or analysis of narratives that are emerging on these sites” and would not “target specific individuals.” However, some of these firms use fake identities to access the private social media spaces that the government can’t access, which could cause potential legal headaches for the administration.

“Gathering information on US citizens — no matter how abhorrent their beliefs — raises instant constitutional and legal challenges,” the report added. “Civil liberties advocates and privacy hawks have long criticized any efforts to collect even publicly available information on Americans in bulk as a violation of Americans’ First and Fourth Amendment rights.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden Says Trump to Blame For Border Crisis Because He Wouldn't Share Info During Transition...Or Something

I’m still failing to understand what this has to do with 171,000 illegal immigrants showing up at our border when Trump had the problem under reasonable control. And the reason they were “understaffed” was that you don’t need the same number of personnel to handle 9,000 new arrivals as you do 171,000.

[clip]

For Biden, the buck will always stop at Donald Trump’s desk.

Washington Examiner:

If the Trump administration wasn’t preparing for a migration overflow, it’s because there was no overflow for which to prepare. Trump had implemented a number of successful policies that helped immigration agents get control of the 2019 humanitarian crisis and prevent it from happening again. His “Remain in Mexico” policy made sure border facilities weren’t overrun by migrants seeking asylum. His decision to end “catch and release” allowed officials to process and deport migrants quickly who did not qualify for asylum in the U.S. Both of these policies also protected border towns from being overwhelmed by migrants who needed assistance while awaiting court hearings.

Biden’s repeal of almost all of Trump’s border policies was a green light to the millions wanting to come to the U.S. It was a clear signal that led directly from “A” to “B” — actions to results — and cannot be mistaken as anything else by reasonable people who aren’t besotted with partisanship.

UglyBear

Yep. Trump's fault for sure.
That’s an interesting point: knowing how painfully slow government purchasing and distribution is, somehow there were boxes with tens of thousands of those books ready to be given out within weeks of Biden’s inauguration.
Was that done through proper channels?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden Administration Blasted For Ending Vets’ 30-Year-Old Memorial Day ‘Rolling Thunder’ Motorcycle Parade

“Memorial Day traditions like Rolling to Remember have been granted permits by every administration, Democrat and Republican, for the past 30 years,” said Rep. Brian Mast (R-FL). “The Biden Administration’s decision to end this Memorial Day tradition flies in the face of the freedoms that so many have died to protect,” Rep. Mast told Fox News.

“We are blessed beyond words to be citizens of the greatest country on Earth and only live free thanks to the men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice. But sadly right now, in Joe Biden’s America, it is easier to cross the border illegally than it is to get a permit to pay our respects to our nation’s fallen heroes,” Mast said.

The Pentagon blamed COVID-19 for the decision.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden Adviser Admits His Spending Will Cause Inflation: ‘Going To Be Bumps,’ Concerns ‘Very Serious’

“Can you guarantee with all the spending that we’re not going to have a new round of overheating the economy and serious inflation?” Wallace asked.

“These are very serious concerns and we know that coming out of an extremely deep recession that there are going to be bumps along the way. So we expect that there have been supply chain disruptions that will cause some transitory increases in prices,” Rouse answered. “We know that there are some places where employers are struggling to find workers because, let’s face it, we’re still in the middle of the pandemic. Some workers would like to go back to work but they don’t have child care, their schools are not open, and the pandemic is still out of control in certain parts of our country.”

UglyBear

Biden Adviser Admits His Spending Will Cause Inflation: ‘Going To Be Bumps,’ Concerns ‘Very Serious’

“Can you guarantee with all the spending that we’re not going to have a new round of overheating the economy and serious inflation?” Wallace asked.

“These are very serious concerns and we know that coming out of an extremely deep recession that there are going to be bumps along the way. So we expect that there have been supply chain disruptions that will cause some transitory increases in prices,” Rouse answered. “We know that there are some places where employers are struggling to find workers because, let’s face it, we’re still in the middle of the pandemic. Some workers would like to go back to work but they don’t have child care, their schools are not open, and the pandemic is still out of control in certain parts of our country.”
All these handouts were done to make Sniff&Cackle popular with the segment of population with limited mental abilities:
“-Joe and Camala gave us money, I’ll vote for them
  • But that money and your savings will be worth much less because of this?
  • Joe and Camala gave us money, they good”

glhs837

Power with Control
They invested in quite an array of new models, new technology. etc. Problem is they waited a bit too long to do it.

And the second they
CNN: Biden Admin Considering Using Private Firms To Conduct Warrantless Surveillance Of U.S. Citizens

“The plan being discussed inside DHS, according to multiple sources, would, in effect, allow the department to circumvent” laws that limit what the federal government can do in surveilling U.S. citizens without a warrant, CNN reported. “A source familiar with the effort said it is not about decrypting data but rather using outside entities who can legally access these private groups to gather large amounts of information that could help DHS identify key narratives as they emerge.”

The report claimed that the private firms that the Biden administration is considering using would “act as middlemen” to obtain the information, which would consist of “broad summaries or analysis of narratives that are emerging on these sites” and would not “target specific individuals.” However, some of these firms use fake identities to access the private social media spaces that the government can’t access, which could cause potential legal headaches for the administration.

“Gathering information on US citizens — no matter how abhorrent their beliefs — raises instant constitutional and legal challenges,” the report added. “Civil liberties advocates and privacy hawks have long criticized any efforts to collect even publicly available information on Americans in bulk as a violation of Americans’ First and Fourth Amendment rights.”

Funny, they have been doing this with plate scanners for years and nobody cared.....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden Admin Wants to Outsource Spying on Americans to Private Firms to Bypass Fourth Amendment

“By partnering with research firms who have more visibility in this space, the DHS could produce information that would likely be beneficial to both it and the FBI, which can’t monitor US citizens in this way without first getting a warrant or having the pretext of an ongoing investigation,” explains CNN. “The CIA and NSA are also limited on collecting intelligence domestically.”

“There’s a tension between wanting to empower [DHS’s intelligence office] to do this kind of workaround domestic terrorism on the one hand and then, on the other hand, the misuse of its capabilities during the summer of 2020, gives a lot of people on the Hill pause [when it comes to] potentially giving them new authorities, capabilities or resources,” a Senate aide told CNN.

It seems that the January 6 Capitol riot prompted this effort.

Much of the planning for the Capitol Hill riot appeared out in the open, on social media platforms and on encrypted apps available to anyone with an internet connection. The DHS is trying to get a better sense of “narratives” that might lead to violence as they emerge across those channels, according to two DHS officials.
But tracking those narratives, particularly in the wake of January 6, increasingly requires access to private groups on encrypted apps as extremist groups migrate from more forward-facing sites like Facebook.
By the time narratives are appearing on Facebook, it is usually too late, one DHS official told CNN.
“Domestic violent extremists are really adaptive and innovative. We see them not only moving to encrypted platforms, but obviously couching their language so they don’t trigger any kind of red flag on any platforms,” the official added.