Biden Actions ... And Reactions

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Woke Defense Sec. Lloyd Austin Could Learn a Few Things From Silicon Valley CEOs Vowing to Steer Clear of Politics

Bombshell allegations are coming from members of the military suggesting that Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin will be responsible for the degradation of the most powerful military on earth if he doesn’t change course immediately. Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) and Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-Texas) recently fired up a site for whistleblowers to describe military training and activities based on critical theories and they have already received hundreds of reports.

During an Armed Services Committee hearing, Cotton shared some of what military members submitted. From my colleague Tyler O’Neil:
“One Marine told us that military history training session was replaced with mandatory training on police brutality, white privilege, and systemic racism. He reported that several officers are now leaving his unit citing that training,” the senator reported.
“Another servicemember told us that their unit was required to read White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo which claims, and this is a quote, ‘white people raised in Western society are
Austin should note that the military is a government employer. All of the training cited by Cotton is in direct violation of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and all associated regulations through the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The Pentagon is certainly not exempt from these statutes and regulations and should cease this type of activity immediately on that basis alone.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Biden Continues Fossil Fuel Crackdown, Plans To Suspend New Oil Drilling Permits On Federal Land, Report Says

Biden is prepared to suspend issuing new drilling permits to oil companies for wells on federal land indefinitely while the Department of the Interior conducts a review of oil development’s impact on climate change, according to The Wall Street Journal. While federal land only accounts for about 9% of onshore U.S. oil production, Biden’s order will have an outsized impact on states such as New Mexico where the federal government controls about a third of the state.

Many view the new moratorium as a significant step towards Biden fulfilling his campaign promise to end oil drilling on federal land and offshore, according to WSJ. Critics have pointed out that multiple times during the campaign, Biden and his team promised he would “not ban fracking.”

On Biden’s first day in office, interim Interior Secretary Scott de la Vega issued an order freezing new oil and gas drilling permits on federal land for 60 days. The limited order brought stiff blowback from officials in New Mexico as well as leaders of the Ute Indian Tribe in Utah, which is nearly two-thirds owned by the federal government.

here comes more foreign wars and $ 5.00 gsal gasoline ....
And the court says - not so fast Joe as it grants injunctive relief - https://ago.wv.gov/Documents/2021.06 Injunction.pdf

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden Administration Asks Americans to Report ‘Potentially’ Radicalized Friends and Family

“We will work to improve public awareness of federal resources to address concerning or threatening behavior before violence occurs,” the official said.

The official cited the Department of Homeland Security’s “If you see something say something” campaign to help stop radical Islamic terror as a domestic possibility.

“This involves creating contexts in which those who are family members or friends or co-workers know that there are pathways and avenues to raise concerns and seek help for those who they have perceived to be radicalizing and potentially radicalizing towards violence,” the official said.

Biden began his presidency with a stark warning in his inauguration speech about the “rise in political extremism, white supremacy, domestic terrorism that we must confront and we will defeat.” On June 1, Biden described the threat from “white supremacy” as the “most lethal threat to the homeland today.”

The Biden administration said it would also work with large technology companies on “increased information sharing” to help combat radicalization.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden Erupts At Reporter For Asking About Putin: ‘Where The Hell, What Do You Do All The Time?’

“Why are you so confident he’ll change his behavior, Mr. President?” Collins asked.

“I’m not confident he’ll change his behavior,” Biden erupted. “Where the hell — what do you do all the time? When did I say I was confident?”

“I said …what I said was, let’s get it straight, I said what will change their behavior is if the rest of the world reacts to them and it diminishes their standing in the world,” he continued. “I am not confident of anything. I am just stating the facts.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden DOE Flips Title IX on Its Head to Force Transgender Orthodoxy on America's Schools

The Department of Education (DOE) under President Joe Biden announced that it would reverse the Trump administration policy on Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The Biden DOE will effectively flip the meaning of “sex” on its head, determining that “discrimination on the basis of sex” includes discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity. This means the DOE sanctions transgender invasions of women’s private spaces and women’s sports in schools, which arguably violate Title IX.

Education Secretary Miguel Cardona defended the new policy by referencing the Supreme Court case Bostock v. Clayton County (2020), in which the Court ruled that discrimination on the basis of “sex” in a 1964 civil rights law included discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity. Justice Samuel Alito condemned this notion — which Congress and the president could not have even conceived in 1964 — as “preposterous.”

“The Supreme Court has upheld the right for LGBTQ+ people to live and work without fear of harassment, exclusion, and discrimination – and our LGBTQ+ students have the same rights and deserve the same protections,” Cardona said in a statement on Wednesday. “I’m proud to have directed the Office for Civil Rights to enforce Title IX to protect all students from all forms of sex discrimination. Today, the Department makes clear that all students—including LGBTQ+ students—deserve the opportunity to learn and thrive in schools that are free from discrimination.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Top Obama Ethics Official Rages: Biden’s Actions ‘A Real F* You’ To U.S., He’s A ‘F*ing Failure’

The official made the remarks in response to a report from The Washington Post about how numerous top Biden aides have received “coveted jobs” in the Biden administration.

“I’m sorry, I know some folks don’t like hearing any criticism of him. But this royally sucks,” Walter Shaub, the former director of the Office of Government Ethics, wrote on Twitter. “I’m disgusted. A lot of us worked hard to tee him up to restore ethics to government and believed the promises. This is a a real ‘f— you’ to us—and government ethics.”

“Pathetic!” Shaub continued. “The responses from people who spent 4 years complaining the other side was putting party over country are pathetic. They sound just like MAGAs. The jobs went to privileged kiddos with mommies & daddies who cozied up to POTUS. Nepotism is illegal.”

“EVEN THE F-ING HEAD OF PRESIDENTIAL PERSONNEL, WHO IS SUPPOSED TO BE KEEPING THEM HONEST, HAS A CHILD WHO’S A RECENT COLLEGE GRAD WORKING IN THE ADMINISTRATION,” Shaub raged. “AND THE SPOUSE OF THE WHITE HOUSE CHIEF OF STAFF, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. This is ridiculous. What a f—ing failure.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden DOJ: Preventing Males From Competing 'Does Nothing' to Protect 'Athletic Opportunities for Girls'

“The United States has a significant interest in ensuring that all students, including students who are transgender, can participate in an educational environment free of unlawful discrimination and that the proper legal standards are applied to claims under Title IX and the Equal Protection Clause,” the DOJ claims in a “statement of interest” supporting a challenge to the West Virginia law protecting women’s sports, the Daily Mail reported.

“A state law that limits or denies a particular class of people’s ability to participate in public, federally funded educational programs and activities solely because their gender identity does not match their sex assigned at birth violates both Title IX and the Equal Protection Clause,” the DOJ argues.

The DOJ filed a similar brief in Arkansas, arguing that it is unconstitutional for that state to ban experimental transgender “treatments” for minors.

The Biden DOJ threw its weight behind court challenges from the American Civil Liberties Union and other pro-transgender groups challenging the state laws. The briefs claim that the laws violate the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment.

In the West Virginia case, the Biden DOJ claimed that Republican officials “legislated based on misconceptions and over broad assumptions” about biological men competing in women’s sports.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Joe Biden Says Sin Is ‘Personal,’ But There’s Nothing Personal About Taxpayer-Funded Abortion

“Joe Biden is a strong man of faith and as he noted just a couple of days ago, ‘it’s personal,’” Psaki said during a press conference on Monday. “He goes to church, as you know, nearly every weekend, he even went when we were on our overseas trip. But, it’s personal to him, he doesn’t see it through a political prism, and we’re not going to comment otherwise on the inner workings of the Catholic Church.”

When asked if statements by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, which met last week to discuss “eucharistic coherence,” amidst plans to issue a document in November that will clarify who should receive Holy Communion, would make Biden reconsider his public support for abortion, Psaki repeated that the president’s faith is personal.

Biden and his team were more than happy to discuss his faith to win over battleground states in 2016 or when he wrote in his 2007 memoir, Promises to Keep, that “My idea of self, of family, of community, of the wider world comes straight from my religion.” It certainly wasn’t personal when Biden wrote in an op-ed for the Christian Post in October 2020 that his Catholic faith founded the “principles that will shape all that I do.”

The Catechism of the Catholic Church defines scandal as “an attitude or behavior which leads another to do evil.” Specifically addressing political leaders, the Catechism clarifies that “they are guilty of scandal who establish laws or social structures leading to the decline of morals and the corruption of religious practice,” noting that whoever uses their political power to cause scandal “becomes guilty of the scandal and responsible for the evil that he has directly or indirectly encouraged.”

So according to the Church, a Catholic politician is required to prevent the sins of others to the best of their ability. By publicly declaring his support of abortion and by enacting laws that make it easier to recieve an abortion, Biden has done the opposite.

Hijinx

I don't care if Biden goes to a Catholic Mass ever day.
His support of abortion is not Catholic.

SamSpade

I heard someone say this, but it echoes something I said to my mom forty years ago - if you want to call yourself CATHOLIC, you can't just pick and choose what you believe. Catholic dogma teaches THIS - you don't get to say, well, I'm still Catholic even if I disagree with what they teach.

No, what you SAY is - guess I'm not Catholic. It's like playing football or basketball and violating all the rules. You might say you're still playing football or basketball, but you're not.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
White House Scramble To ‘Fix’ Border And Grab Guns Is Desperate Attempt To Improve Polling

“If you look at this, going down to the border and tackling the surge in violence are two things that not only were not at all on the Democratic agenda, were not talked about on the debate stage, but they actually run counter to a lot of the policies that they’ve been trying to do, which are defund the police, open up the border, and basically drop law enforcement in both those places,” Bedford said. “It’s a very inconvenient place for them to be forced.”

One example of this scramble is Vice President Kamala Harris’s sudden announcement that she will be visiting the border after a more than 90-day delay.

“She recognized that based on what the Democratic agenda was, what the administration was trying to do, fixing the chaos at the border would be pretty much impossible, which is why she came up with, ‘Why don’t we fix the economies in Central America and make them so booming so that no one ever wants to leave Central America again,’” Bedford said.