Biden Actions ... And Reactions

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden Keeps Promising To Make Energy More Expensive. Believe Him.

The administration’s stated goal — one of the major policy planks of the Democratic Party — is to deliberately, through mandates or bans or taxes or contrived “markets,” make fossil fuels prohibitively expensive to force a “transition.” Biden’s Plan for a Clean Energy Revolution and Environmental Justice promises that a 100 percent clean energy economy and net-zero emissions will exist no later than 2050. California has banned new gas-powered cars by 2035. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Green New Deal, supported by virtually every Democratic Party presidential candidate last time around, is far more extreme.

In case there was any confusion, however, Biden reiterated his position at a rally for New York Gov. Kathy Hochul later this past weekend. Responding to a climate activist heckler, Biden shouted: “No more drilling. There is no more drilling! I haven’t formed any new drilling.” It’s one of the few true things the president has said in a while. The Biden administration, even during historic spikes in gas prices, effectively shut down any new federal leases. Sure, the administration pressured OPEC+ to temporarily offer a reprieve before the election, but it has barely budged on domestic production. This is what Democrats have wanted for decades.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden Admin Set Up Illegal Migrants In Hotel Suites, Complete With Room Service

The Biden administration placed illegal migrants into taxpayer-funded hotel suites with comfortable accommodations, according to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) contracting documents obtained by conservative group America First Legal.

Illegal migrants must have access to a number of comfortable accommodations, including room service and child care, while under the care of eligible “service providers,” according to the documents, which were obtained via a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request. The requirements for some of the illegal migrants include that the “service provider” must provide “meat based courses” at every meal, which is delivered to each illegal migrants’ rooms, “24-hour access” to drinks and snacks, television programming in both English and Spanish and mattresses of a certain thickness.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Three HECKLERS are thrown out of Biden's closing midterms plea: One shouts 'you're a disgrace', President tells another 'don't jump' as he says 'I need' Democrats in Congress at Maryland rally

• President Biden and Jill Biden attended a rally in Maryland on Monday night
  • Three hecklers interrupted the president
  • 'You're a disgrace,' one shouted
  • Biden told another: 'Don't jump. You look crazy enough to jump'
  • During day, Jill Biden campaigned for a House member in Virginia and president did virtual events from White House
  • Bidens shoring up blue areas amid worries Democrats aren't turning out
  • Joe Biden won Maryland by 34 points and carried the Virginia House district Jill campaigned in by 19 points

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden says Elon Musk’s relationships with foreign countries 'worthy of being looked at'

“I think that Elon Musk’s cooperation and/or technical relationships with other countries is worthy of being looked at,” Biden told reporters at the White House.

“Whether or not he is doing anything inappropriate — I’m not suggesting that — I’m suggesting it’s worth being looked at. And that’s all I’ll say,” he continued.

Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla and the new owner of Twitter, has significant business interests in China.

Oh but don't look at Biden's Ties to China

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

“The Overwhelming Majority of the American People Support my Economic Agenda” – Biden to Reporters as 75% of People Say They Are Unhappy

Joe Biden was cocky and defiant during the Q & A session of his presser after Marc Elias and the Democrat machine worked to steal races across the country.

Biden said the overwhelming majority of Americans are happy with record high inflation and soaring gas prices.

“The overwhelming majority of the American people support my economic agenda… I’m confident these policies are working,” said Biden.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden Delivers Clueless Response to Voters and Midterm Results

Notice how suddenly there doesn’t seem to be a threat to “democracy” anymore? Funny how that works.

As noted above, we don’t know yet for certain, but it looks like the Republicans could win both the House and the Senate. You can see the predictions at the bottom of the chyron with 51 in the Senate and 218 in the House. We’ll have to see how it continues to shake out.

So did Biden take away anything to learn? A reporter asked him about the one thing everyone seemed to agree on: the wrong direction of the country under him. Biden’s response showed he wasn’t even pretending to have learned anything.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden Says He Plans to Do ‘Nothing’ Differently in Second Half of Presidency

While Republicans didn’t fare as well as expected in Tuesday night’s elections, exit polls showed that inflation, the cost of living, and crime, which have all worsened under Democratic leadership, weigh heavily on voters.

During the post-midterm press conference, Biden argued that the impact of much of his early agenda will not be felt by voters for some time, which explains why voters rendered a mixed verdict Tuesday night, leaving control of both the House and Senate up in the air as of Wednesday night.

The GOP underperformed expectations in many swing states, with multiple Trump-endorsed candidates, whose campaigns Democrats artificially boosted in the primaries, losing their races. The Senate and the House still currently hang in the balance, with Republicans expected to narrowly take back the lower chamber in the coming days. Georgia’s Senate race is headed to a run-off election as neither incumbent Democrat Raphael Warnock nor Republican candidate Herschel Walker garnered 50 percent of the vote.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

As Biden celebrates election results, corporate America lays off workers with recession looming

Job cuts announced by U.S.-based employers increased 13% to 33,843 in October, the highest since February 2021, according to a recent report by the firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas.

Meanwhile, forecasts of a recession next year have become increasingly common — in many cases a matter of when, not if, due to the highest levels of inflation in four decades.

"I think it's quite likely the U.S. has a mild recession next year," former Boston Federal Reserve President Eric Rosengren told CNBC on Tuesday. He explained the Federal Reserve may need to increase interest rates to more than 5% in an effort to combat inflation, which could push the economy into a downturn next year.

herb749

As Biden celebrates election results, corporate America lays off workers with recession looming

Job cuts announced by U.S.-based employers increased 13% to 33,843 in October, the highest since February 2021, according to a recent report by the firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas.

Meanwhile, forecasts of a recession next year have become increasingly common — in many cases a matter of when, not if, due to the highest levels of inflation in four decades.

"I think it's quite likely the U.S. has a mild recession next year," former Boston Federal Reserve President Eric Rosengren told CNBC on Tuesday. He explained the Federal Reserve may need to increase interest rates to more than 5% in an effort to combat inflation, which could push the economy into a downturn next year.

Maybe the guy hasn't noticed that mortgage interest rates are over 7%.

stgislander

PREMO Member

Biden Delivers Clueless Response to Voters and Midterm Results

Notice how suddenly there doesn’t seem to be a threat to “democracy” anymore? Funny how that works.

As noted above, we don’t know yet for certain, but it looks like the Republicans could win both the House and the Senate. You can see the predictions at the bottom of the chyron with 51 in the Senate and 218 in the House. We’ll have to see how it continues to shake out.

So did Biden take away anything to learn? A reporter asked him about the one thing everyone seemed to agree on: the wrong direction of the country under him. Biden’s response showed he wasn’t even pretending to have learned anything.

I think I love Nevada. They have a "None of the Above" choice.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Prepare for even more abuses of power

This is a threat, and it is not unique. Biden has been far more insulting and threatening to Musk than this, and has been at least this threatening to others many times.

This administration abused its power regularly prior to the election. Since there has been no punishment for that expect even more of it in the coming months. Biden will get worse.

This Administration was never going to be chastened no mater the results. They are doing exactly what they came to do, and intend to keep doing it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘Climate Gender Equity Fund’ To Advance ‘Women-Led Climate Solutions’

“As an important step in solving climate change, we must address the gender inequalities that persist in climate finance, and ensure female entrepreneurs have an equal seat at the table and access to the funding, networks, and technical support they need to scale climate solutions,” Amazon Worldwide Sustainability Vice President Kara Hurst said in a statement. “We’re proud to collaborate with USAID and the Biden administration to help scale women-led climate solutions globally.”

The e-commerce company argued that female entrepreneurs are “more likely than their male counterparts” to address social needs, lamenting that only a fraction of global venture capital is devoted toward female-founded companies. Amazon will commit an additional $50 million toward climate technology companies led by women.

The White House also launched the “Indigenous Peoples Finance Access Facility,” a $2 million program that will enable “continued climate stewardship by Indigenous peoples and local communities improving their access to climate finance.”