Biden Actions ... And Reactions

ontheriver

Not far from the truth! My dad had just passed, and we were at a family gathering after the wake. Dad had left a fair amount in inheritance and I used some of that for a down-payment on a car. My extremely liberal niece was there, and she's one of the beneficiaries of MY estate. She shouts across the table, "Hey! don't be spending my inheritance!"

I looked at her and said, "I'm not spending YOUR inheritance, I'm spending MINE!"

As brilliant as she is, she just looked at me, blanked face, thought about it, and it took her a long time to catch on.
After a death, people show who they really are...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

How the Biden admin quietly converts illegal immigrants into legal ‘parolees’

Maria Esperanza Diaz Ruiz had expected to pay a smuggler to get across the U.S.-Mexico border. Then she learned that the Biden administration’s new program would let her walk into the country at no cost as long as she had a tale of woe from back home.

She is one of the migrants taking advantage of a Biden policy that is converting illegal immigrants into legal “parolees,” a status that offers a work permit and a foothold in the U.S., according to the Center for Immigration Studies, which observed Ms. Diaz Ruiz and others.

“This is real,” she told the center’s Todd Bensman. “This is not a magic trick.”

Her justification for gaining parole, she said, is that she worked for a Nicaraguan government official who was homosexual. Her ex-husband threatened her and her boss, she told Mr. Bensman.

“I had to leave because I would be killed,” she said.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Even the reliably liberal NPR is suddenly starting to sound Trumpian on this issue, noting that “there are concerns about China’s ruling Communist Party using this broad authority to gather sensitive intellectual property, proprietary commercial secrets and personal data.”

None of this is new. In 2019, Sens. Chuck Schumer and Tom Cotton wrote a bipartisan letter to intelligence officials saying they should investigate TikTok’s national security risks. In 2020, the Defense Department recommended that military personnel delete the app, and several military branches banned it. Trump tried to get the service banned in the U.S. or force its sale to a U.S. company.

But instead of listening to these concerns, President Joe Biden has been playing footsie with TikTok to score political advantages.

In fact, just weeks before Wray and Warner raised the threat level, Biden brought TikTok “influencers” into the White House to enlist them to help Democrats avoid defeat in the midterm elections.

Rob Flaherty, the White House director of digital strategy, told the Washington Post that “we know people listen to trusted messengers, and as an increasing number of young people turn to Instagram, TikTok and other platforms for news and information, we need to engage with the voices they trust directly.”

stgislander

PREMO Member
Even the reliably liberal NPR is suddenly starting to sound Trumpian on this issue, noting that “there are concerns about China’s ruling Communist Party using this broad authority to gather sensitive intellectual property, proprietary commercial secrets and personal data.”

None of this is new. In 2019, Sens. Chuck Schumer and Tom Cotton wrote a bipartisan letter to intelligence officials saying they should investigate TikTok’s national security risks. In 2020, the Defense Department recommended that military personnel delete the app, and several military branches banned it. Trump tried to get the service banned in the U.S. or force its sale to a U.S. company.

But instead of listening to these concerns, President Joe Biden has been playing footsie with TikTok to score political advantages.

In fact, just weeks before Wray and Warner raised the threat level, Biden brought TikTok “influencers” into the White House to enlist them to help Democrats avoid defeat in the midterm elections.

Rob Flaherty, the White House director of digital strategy, told the Washington Post that “we know people listen to trusted messengers, and as an increasing number of young people turn to Instagram, TikTok and other platforms for news and information, we need to engage with the voices they trust directly.”

Should the Dems lose NPR, the war is over.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Well, here's an increase that wasn't expected.... due to the increase in Cost of Living, the deductible on my medical insurance has gone up by 8.4% to $2700/year.

It's not an issue for me, I never make the deductible anyway, but it could affect someone else's budget.

herb749

I'm starting to accept people don't care about high prices for food or energy. They think they are saving democracy while going broke and the govt will bail them out.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden's Support for COVID Protests Hinges on What Country They're in

The president has urged the Chinese government to respect the rights of anti-lockdown demonstrators. He actively encouraged the Canadian government to end the trucker protests.

The only people who seem to support Trudeau's use of emergency powers against peaceful protestors are the prime minister himself—and the Biden White House.

China's "Zero COVID" policy is a lot stricter and a lot more injurious to people's civil liberties than Canada's vaccine mandate for truckers. But thus far, it seems like the Canadian government's response to its protests has been more sweeping and restrictive.

That doesn't mean Canada is generally more authoritarian than Communist-ruled China. To argue that would be absurd.

But Trudeau's actions are evidence that progressive, democratically elected governments still struggle with the authoritarian impulse when their control is threatened. It's an impulse the Biden administration was happy to encourage.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘Nobody Knows the Effects’ of Multi-Trillion Spending Agenda that Is ‘Just Coming into Play’

He argued that the $1.9 trillion funding in the American Rescue Plan helped enable local governments to keep paying their employees. He also boasted of his additional trillions in spending for government-subsidized health care, manufacturing, infrastructure, and green energy.

“So many things you’re going to find out that we’ve already done that we haven’t been able to actually implement yet,” he said.

The president claimed that the economy and life in America would only get better under his presidency.

“What’s most exciting about it is people are starting to feel a sense of optimism and the impact of these legislative achievements in their own lives. It’s going to accelerate in the months ahead,” he said.

Biden promoted the bill he signed to spend billions on green energy and subsidize semiconductor chip manufacturing as evidence that jobs would surge back to states like Michigan.

“We’re going to be the supply chain. And the difference is that we’re going to make the supply chain available to the rest of the world,” he said. “We’re not going to be hostage anymore.”

The president also claimed that inflation was “starting to slow.”

what a load of pie in the sky, feel good nonsense

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden Descends Into Fantasyland on the Supply Chain and Football

Well, how could it already be done, if you haven’t been able to “actually implement [it] yet” or is that too logical a question? Plus, let’s not forget it was the American Rescue Plan that has led to the decidedly “unrescuing” inflation that we have been suffering from for more than a year. But Joe lied about that as well claiming that the prices at the grocery store were going down, when we might just have had the most expensive Thanksgiving ever.

But he didn’t just limit the fantasy land to inflation. He spoke about the “supply chain” as well and asked the audience, “Ten years ago, how many of you knew what the hell a supply chain was?”

Um, Joe? Probably pretty much every thinking adult knew what it was. It’s part of the normal course of life — it’s not rocket science understanding that it exists. But we grant you that you have definitely brought it into sharper focus by causing shortages of so many things across the country. Shortages we never would have expected to have. And that’s not a good thing. But maybe, because he’s lived his whole life in Washington, D.C. and not in the real world, maybe he didn’t know until he screwed it up. I’m thinking the union guys in the audience like these guys who were probably forced to go to this farce of an event knew and they didn’t look happy.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden appears to declare himself the greatest president in US history

"I tell you what," the president said. "No one’s ever done as much as president as this administration’s doing. Period."

Biden spoke during the White House Tribal Nations Summit, which was to feature new announcements and efforts to put new policies in place that support Tribal communities.

The summit, which takes place at the Department of the Interior, gives tribal leaders the opportunity to engage with top U.S. officials on ways to strengthen nation-to-nation relationships and ensure indigenous communities endure for years to come.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

U.S. to pay $75M to relocate three tribes impacted by climate change

The Interior Department's relocation grants, announced at the White House Tribal Nations Summit on Wednesday, will provide $25 million each to Washington State's Quinault Indian Nation, Alaska's Newtok Village and Alaska's Native Village of Napakiak.

The Quinault Indian Nation is located on the Quinault River at the Pacific Ocean in Washington state, where the tribal community has been impacted by rising sea levels, storm surges and flooding, in addition to risks from tsunamis caused by earthquakes.

The Alaska communities are located in an area of severe erosion, which is forecast to destroy infrastructure within the next four years in Newtok. Napakiak loses about 25 to 50 feet a year to erosion, which is expected to destroy that community's critical infrastructure by 2030.

"As part of the federal government's treaty and trust responsibility to protect Tribal sovereignty and revitalize tribal communities, we must safeguard Indian Country from the intensifying and unique impacts of climate change," Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland said.

herb749

U.S. to pay $75M to relocate three tribes impacted by climate change

The Interior Department's relocation grants, announced at the White House Tribal Nations Summit on Wednesday, will provide $25 million each to Washington State's Quinault Indian Nation, Alaska's Newtok Village and Alaska's Native Village of Napakiak.

The Quinault Indian Nation is located on the Quinault River at the Pacific Ocean in Washington state, where the tribal community has been impacted by rising sea levels, storm surges and flooding, in addition to risks from tsunamis caused by earthquakes.

The Alaska communities are located in an area of severe erosion, which is forecast to destroy infrastructure within the next four years in Newtok. Napakiak loses about 25 to 50 feet a year to erosion, which is expected to destroy that community's critical infrastructure by 2030.

"As part of the federal government's treaty and trust responsibility to protect Tribal sovereignty and revitalize tribal communities, we must safeguard Indian Country from the intensifying and unique impacts of climate change," Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland said.

If you read the article this Tribal agency had received $46 billion from the different plans Biden has signed. Why another $75 mil .?

Hijinx

"I tell you what," the president said. "No one’s ever done as much as president as this administration’s doing. Period."

Well he is right. No one has ever done so many things wrong as this fake President.

Hijinx

We have spent Billions of dollars and it has disappeared without a trace.

Meanwhile people are voting for democrats and paying $6.00 a gallon for diesel.