Biden Actions ... And Reactions

stgislander

PREMO Member

U.S. to pay $75M to relocate three tribes impacted by climate change

The Interior Department's relocation grants, announced at the White House Tribal Nations Summit on Wednesday, will provide $25 million each to Washington State's Quinault Indian Nation, Alaska's Newtok Village and Alaska's Native Village of Napakiak.

The Quinault Indian Nation is located on the Quinault River at the Pacific Ocean in Washington state, where the tribal community has been impacted by rising sea levels, storm surges and flooding, in addition to risks from tsunamis caused by earthquakes.

The Alaska communities are located in an area of severe erosion, which is forecast to destroy infrastructure within the next four years in Newtok. Napakiak loses about 25 to 50 feet a year to erosion, which is expected to destroy that community's critical infrastructure by 2030.

"As part of the federal government's treaty and trust responsibility to protect Tribal sovereignty and revitalize tribal communities, we must safeguard Indian Country from the intensifying and unique impacts of climate change," Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland said.
Is it okay for a govt official to call tribal lands, "Indian Country?"

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘I’ve Got My List’: Biden Says He Was Given List Of Reporters To Call On

“Okay, who’s the next question? I’ve got my list here. My turn to call on someone, right? Okay, how about NPR, Tamara Keith?”

This isn’t the first time Biden has admitted to having a list of reporters he can call on. The president held his first major press conference since January just weeks ago and after giving a speech said he was “given a list” of 10 reporters to call on.

“Now, I’ve been given a list of 10 people that I’m supposed to call on and you’re all supposed to ask me one question, but I’m sure you’ll ask me more. So let me start off with theist I’ve been given,” Biden said. The reporters were from The New York Times, CNN, Reuters, CBS, the Associated Press, ABC Radio, TheGrio, NBC News and Bloomberg. There are approximately 100 other journalists present at the time. Only the 10 allotted reporters were allowed to ask a question.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Right After Biden Successfully Buys Votes With Student Loan Bailout, Supreme Court Will Weigh In

In petitioning the Supreme Court for relief, the Biden administration initially sought an order vacating the Eighth Circuit’s injunction, but the administration argued alternatively that, if the high court declined to dissolve the injunction, it should instead hear the case on appeal on an expedited schedule. The Supreme Court’s decision to take the case on appeal presents a unique situation, given that the Eighth Circuit has not yet addressed the merits of the states’ lawsuit.

Come February then, the Supreme Court will need to decide whether the lower court erred in finding that the states lacked standing to challenge the Biden administration’s cancellation of student loans. The states present an array of arguments for why they had standing, or the legal ability to sue, with Missouri advancing the strongest argument for standing.

Specifically, Missouri maintains loan forgiveness will harm the state because the state, throughout its Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority, or MOHELA, raises funds to support grants and further loans by processing student loans. Fewer student loans to process, because of loan forgiveness, means fewer resources flowing to MOHELA, according to the state, and thus Missouri has standing, they argue.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The Bell Is Beginning to Toll for Biden's Student Loan Forgiveness Boondoggle

Biden’s problems are twofold. First, there is no national emergency due to the pandemic. Maintaining that fiction will be difficult. Secondly, using the HEROES Act to justify the loan forgiveness program has always been a legal stretch that each appeals court decision has mentioned as being a bridge too far to forgive that much student debt.

The latest legal setback for the Biden administration was in the New Orleans-based 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, which refused to delay a Texas judge’s ruling that said Biden’s plan to cancel hundreds of billions of dollars in student loan debt was against the law.

Reuters:

A three-judge panel of the 5th Circuit in Wednesday’s brief order declined to put Pittman’s ruling on hold while the administration appealed his decision, but the court directed that the appeal be heard on an expedited basis.
The panel included two Republican appointees and one judge nominated by then Democratic President Barack Obama. Pittman was appointed by then Republican President Donald Trump.

Now it’s in the hands of SCOTUS, and no one will be surprised if the conservative court rules against the administration and buries the student loan forgiveness plan for good.

herb749

So Biden extends the students no loan payments another 3-6 months. Why forgive the money as long as he keeps extending they don't have to pay.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden defends skipping border visit while in Arizona, says there are 'more important things'

Biden made the defense while boarding Marine One to depart the White House on Tuesday. Biden has never visited the border throughout his presidency, despite the ongoing crisis with record numbers of illegal immigrants crossing the border each month.

"Why go to a border state and not visit the border?" Fox News White House correspondent Peter Doocy asked.

"Because there are more important things going on," Biden responded. "They’re going to invest billions of dollars in a new enterprise."

Hijinx

We are seeing it right before our eyes, and nothing is being done.
If he was running against trump tomorrow the democrats would cheat again to re-elect him.

Who the hell is really running this country.

Agism? What the hell is that, ? This crooked old ding a ling is exactly the same age as myself and my mind is working fine, I can climb steps and work and speak and I know where I am and where I am going. No one has to lead me around.

It has nothing to do with age. It has to do with a disease. Alzheimer's or Dementia his mind has turned to Jello. There are people 100 years old who still have their minds.

And where is the media. Why do we have to have this pointed out to us by foreign media.? The fact is our media is owned and operated by the Democrat party as is the Justice department, the FBI, and most of our Government agencies.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden Quotes Scripture, Vows to ‘Limit the Number of Bullets That Can Be in a Cartridge’

After Biden mentioned his gun control legislation, he quickly added, “It’s still not enough,” and vigil attendees broke into applause.

He then said, “Our work continues to limit the number of bullets that can be in a cartridge, type of weapons that can be purchased and sold, attempt to ban ‘assault weapons,’ a whole range of things that are just commonsense.”

Biden talked of how a federal “assault weapons” ban was in place once and suggested, “We can do it again.” He then said, “Scripture says, ‘The light shines in darkness and the darkness have not overcome it.”