Biden Actions ... And Reactions

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The steps in the EO include:

• Increasing the number of background checks “by ensuring that all background checks required by law are conducted before firearm purchases, moving the U.S. as close to universal background checks as possible without additional legislation.” This step is to prevent felons or people who have been convicted of domestic violence from purchasing a gun before the background check process is complete. Keep in mind that PJ Media reported last year that the biggest flaws in completing background checks in a timely manner have occurred at the federal level, particularly within the Department of Homeland Security. Biden is also directing the U.S. Attorney General’s office to make sure that firearm sellers who do not know that they need to complete a background check or willfully ignore them are brought into compliance. Every retailer I have ever met is aware of the need for background checks.
  • Improving the use of red flag laws. The White House refers to the 19 states and the District of Columbia whose red flag laws allow “trusted community members to petition a court to determine whether an individual is dangerous, and then to temporarily remove an individual’s access to firearms.” Biden will have his Cabinet encourage partnerships between law enforcement, health care providers, educators, and other community leaders, presumably to identify people who could potentially cause problems. He will also ask his Cabinet to work harder to expand education on safe gun storage.
  • Directing Pete Buttigieg and the Department of Transportation to work with the Department of Justice to reduce the loss and theft of firearms during shipping. Buttigieg working with Garland on gun issues — what could go wrong? Although I suspect that the Secretary of Transportation will address this task with greater zeal than he employed in seeing to matters in East Palestine, Ohio.

When it comes to the gun industry itself, Biden will have the Attorney General “release the records of those from the inspection of firearms dealers cited for violation of federal firearm laws. This information will empower the public and policymakers to better understand the problem, and then improve our laws to hold rogue gun dealers accountable.” He is also directing the Secretary of Defense to “develop and implement principles to further firearm and public safety practices through Department of Defense acquisition of firearms consistent with applicable law.” Okay, then. Firearm manufacturers had better start looking through their records. Biden is ordering the FTC to examine how gun makers market their products to children and civilians through the use of military imagery. What the sanctions will be for this kind of marketing have yet to be seen.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Well, isn’t this ironic? Barney Frank, the former Massachusetts congressman who co-authored the controversial Dodd-Frank financial reform law in response to the 2008 financial crisis, was a director of Signature Bank of New York, which collapsed on Sunday, two days after the collapse of the Silicon Valley Bank.

During the financial crisis, Frank served as the Democratic chairman of the House Financial Services Committee and played a key role in drafting the Dodd-Frank Act of 2010, which was supposed to prevent bank failures and bailouts like those that occurred in 2008 by establishing a whole boatload of new regulations for banks and created new government regulatory bodies tasked with overseeing financial institutions.

Now, some on the left have been rushing to blame the 2018 rollback of Dodd-Frank, which was signed by none other than Donald Trump himself, for the recent spate of bank collapses. But those accusations collapse under scrutiny.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

biden-gun-executive-order.jpg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Joe Biden Claims a Child Wrote to Him About the ‘Gender Wage Gap'

On Monday, the official POTUS account on Twitter posted a photo of a note allegedly written by a child — rife with grammatical and spelling errors for full effect — who was concerned about the alleged gender pay gap.

“Dear Presitent Biden,” the letter begins. “I just wanted to tell something not fair to ladies. Men are getting more money then girls. I think you should fix this since you’re the presitent. Even I’m a child and I think we should do something.” (Emphasis in the original.)

And it was signed, “From: Charlotte.”

Whichever Biden staffer posted the picture of the letter tweeted along with it, “Charlotte, I couldn’t agree more. Women lose thousands of dollars each year, and hundreds of thousands over a lifetime, because of gender and racial wage gaps.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

BIDEN’S LIE OF THE DAY

President Biden is a pathological liar. His account of the epiphany that led him to support gay marriage is only the most recent example, though it was classic and blatant. Indeed, it was so blatant as to be laughable.

I have a high level of confidence that Biden lies every time he speaks in public. Take yesterday’s Remarks on Lowering Prescription Drugs Costs in Las Vegas — please. It is difficult to choose one statement from these remarks as Biden’s lie of the day. His dad banging on the headboard of his bed when he lost his health insurance strikes me as one among many, but I can’t prove it. Let us take this one:

When I got elected, there were — I think it was 6- — don’t hold me to the exact number — 690 billionaires in America. There’s now a thousand. You know what the average federal tax they pay is? T-H-R-E-E percent. Three. They pay a lower tax rate than the custodians in this building. They pay a lower tax rate than any of you, basically.
And so, it’s just not fair. I think you should be able to be a billionaire if you can earn it, but just pay your fair share. Just pay something.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Is Biden's 'Billionaire Tax' Flat out Unconstitutional?

Anyway, here’s how Biden’s proposed Billionaire Tax would work, as reported by CNBC:

Jared Bernstein, a member of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, said Biden’s tax proposal will target big corporations and the wealthiest Americans while protecting taxpayers who earn $400,000 a year or less from tax hikes.
“The days of the top 1% paying less than teachers and nurses … those have got to be behind us as we inject fairness into the tax code to achieve fiscal rectitude,” Bernstein said in an interview Wednesday on CNBC’s “Squawk Box.”
[…]
During his State of the Union address … Biden urged Congress to pass his so-called billionaire’s tax, which proposes to impose a minimum 20% tax on households with a net worth of more than $100 million — a 12 percentage point increase from an average of 8% they currently pay.
Bernstein also defended the president’s tax rate on capital gains, which he initially proposed in 2021. If enacted, the 48.6% rate with a 3.8% net investment income on long-term capital gains and qualified dividends would rate among the highest in the developed world.
The tax rate would apply to those earning over $1 million.

Incidentally, before I forget, let’s address the Democrats’ ridiculous “fair share” fallacy, a phrase made infamous by Chicago Jesus Barack Obama throughout his presidency, ad nauseam:

The top 1 percent of earners paid 42.3 percent of all federal taxes in 2020, according to the Tax Foundation, which raises the question of whether the wealthiest Americans “pay lower taxes than teachers and firefighters,” as Biden consistently lies. If anything, my Democrat friends, 42.3 percent of federal taxes paid by 1 percent of earners amounts to a grossly unfair share.

Simply, Biden’s “billionaire minimum tax” of 25 percent would apply to “appreciated assets,” or a tax on unrealized capital “gains.” Presently (and “forever”), if you own a stock that increases in value, you are only taxed on that increase in value if and when you sell the stock.

But by taxing unrealized capital gains (capital appreciation), Biden’s billionaire tax would tax rich people on their hypothetical increases in wealth even though they haven’t actually sold the stocks and cashed in on them, or yet realized a gain. Moreover, given that stocks are variable assets, they not only increase in value, but they also decrease in value, as well.

clip]

I’m probably too far off in the weeds, but the potential fly in Biden’s billionaire ointment is if unrealized capital gains (capital appreciation) are taxed, and then the investment decreases in value, the following year. Joe? How would that work in your money grab? Regardless, as I said at the top, I can’t see how Biden’s scheme could be anything but unconstitutional.

As economic historian Phil Magness explained for the American Institute for Economic Research, the Constitution does give Congress the power to levy taxes, but direct taxes must be apportioned among the states relative to population. (Biden’s proposal fails to do so.)

Biden’s proposed wealth tax will also likely face another obstacle: it is blatantly unconstitutional.
To see how, we must turn to the text of the Constitution itself. Article I, Section 8 of the document establishes the “Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States” with the stipulation that these measures must be uniform.
A separate clause in Article 1, Section 9 stipulates that “No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The United States boasts a rich, intrepid history of protecting and enforcing both the natural and legal rights of its citizens. Despite that history of liberty, there’s a rapidly growing desire on the left to control myriad forms of speech, everywhere and at all times.

This trend is readily apparent across the country. From college campuses to corporate offices, and from social media platforms to bookstores, speech is increasingly under attack from leftist elites. And there’s still much more damage that can be done.

With Title IX enforcing gender ideology, what will happen to students who disagree with this dangerous dogma? What will happen to students who believe in basic biology, namely the notion that there are two sexes, that a man can’t become a woman, and vice versa? What will happen to students who have traditional values and remain true to their faith?

The answer is alarming. Under this butchered version of civil rights law, these students will be vulnerable to an array of punishments, including suspension and even expulsion. They will be treated as lawbreakers. And inevitably, they will be vilified in the left-dominated public square, crushing professional dreams and aspirations. Either comply or face the social guillotine.

Biden is confused about a lot of things. You would hope he would at least know the difference between Canada and the United States.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Reporters erupted in anger on Friday following his press conference with Varadkar after Biden smiled, raised his eyebrows, and ignored shouting questions, leaving the Irish Prime Minister to talk to reporters on the White House driveway.

On Thursday, White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre promised reporters they would get a chance to speak with the president. The press pointed out that Biden dodging questions is becoming a pattern when world leaders visit the U.S.

"I've spoken to this many times… I've brought it up many times, and I gave an explanation that these are diplomatic conversations that happen with the countries that are visiting, and it is something that is decided in that way," Jean-Pierre had said on a day before. "You're going to have an opportunity, or your colleagues are going to have an opportunity, to ask questions during the pool spray at the Oval that happens every time a head of state visits. So that is an opportunity to be able to pose a question to the president or the head of state that is visiting at the White House on that day."

what a smarmy bastard

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden washing machine rule would make Americans dirtier and stinkier — and raise prices: manufacturers

Last month, President Biden's Department of Energy proposed new efficiency standards for washing machines that require new appliances to use considerably less water, all in an effort to "confront the global climate crisis."

Leading industry corporations have voiced their opinion on the rule, claiming the mandates force manufacturers to reduce cleaning performance to ensure their machines comply. As the Washington Free Beacon described it, "each cycle will take longer, the detergent will cost more, and in the end, the clothes will be less clean," according to manufacturers.

The proposed washing machine change is the latest example of the Biden administration pushing more consumer regulations to advance green initiatives. In February, the administration received heat for a proposal which would have banned half of America's gas stoves in addition to another proposal to heavily regulate refrigerators.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“The analysis from OMB and CEA economists estimates that the wealthiest 400 billionaire families in America paid an average of just 8.2 percent of their income – including income from their wealth that goes largely untaxed – in Federal individual income taxes between 2010 and 2018. That’s a lower rate than many ordinary Americans pay,” the 2021 post read.

In response, Twitter CEO Elon Musk disputed Biden’s tax claim.

“I paid 53% taxes on my Tesla stock options (40% Federal & 13% state), so I must be lifting the average!” the South African entrepreneur wrote. “I also paid more income tax than anyone ever in the history of Earth for 2021 and will do that again in 2022.”

“Would be curious to hear how these other ‘billionaires’ are so good at avoiding taxes!” Musk added in another tweet, after asking Twitter’s Community Notes feature to fact-check the statement.

herb749

“The analysis from OMB and CEA economists estimates that the wealthiest 400 billionaire families in America paid an average of just 8.2 percent of their income – including income from their wealth that goes largely untaxed – in Federal individual income taxes between 2010 and 2018. That’s a lower rate than many ordinary Americans pay,” the 2021 post read.

In response, Twitter CEO Elon Musk disputed Biden’s tax claim.

“I paid 53% taxes on my Tesla stock options (40% Federal & 13% state), so I must be lifting the average!” the South African entrepreneur wrote. “I also paid more income tax than anyone ever in the history of Earth for 2021 and will do that again in 2022.”

“Would be curious to hear how these other ‘billionaires’ are so good at avoiding taxes!” Musk added in another tweet, after asking Twitter’s Community Notes feature to fact-check the statement.

He just threw a low number out as an attention grabber. Didn't care if it was wrong as long as some believed it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden blames MAGA Republicans for bill reversing ESG rule that received votes from Democrats

Maine Democratic Rep. Jared Golden voted in favor of the bill to reverse the rule as did Montana Democratic Sen. John Tester and West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin.

"This Administration continues to prioritize their radical policy agenda over the economic, energy and national security needs of our country, and it is absolutely infuriating," Manchin said in a statement after Biden's veto.

The House is expected to try overriding the veto on Thursday, a source told Just the News. It will be an uphill battle since a veto override needs two-thirds of the House and the GOP has a slim majority.

"This bill would risk your retirement savings by making it illegal to consider risk factors MAGA House Republicans don't like," Biden said after he vetoed the bill on Monday. "Your plan manager should be able to protect your hard-earned savings — whether Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene likes it or not."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 You’ll be happy to discover that — at some point — the Biden Administration finally awakened to individual rights. Maybe it was pushing all those jab mandates that caused Joe Biden to finally feel a keen sense of regret. So now he is trying to making amends, by championing LGBTQ+++ “rights.” What I mean is, State Department Spokesman John Kirby — obviously engaged in some kind of public self-humiliation ritual — explained yesterday that the alphabet sex rights are now a “core part of our foreign policy.”

Specifically Kirkby announced that the United States government is standing up for all the unattractive cross-dressers and their awkward “loud and proud” fashion choices. He said, “We are NEVER going to shy away or be bashful about speaking up for those rights and for individuals to live as they deem fit — as they WANT to live… President Biden has been nothing but consistent[.]”

Well, they’ll speak up for those individual rights unless you want to live without government interference. Or if you don’t want to take the shots. In that case, they do NOT want you to live as you see fit. No. But if somebody wants to get up to some historically-condemned, atypical sex stuff, then the United States government is ALL FOR IT. And apparently our FORMAL POLICY is now to also export those animalistic ideas to other countries, where the people are really not going to like it much, such as Africa and the Middle East, goosing those countries into sprinting to sign up with Russia and China, which — while they might in fact be insane, social-credit mongering totalitarian dictatorships — at least they won’t teach your son to wear a dress.