Biden administration struggles to fix ailing supply chain

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Biden administration struggles to fix ailing supply chain as holiday season looms

Recovery buffeted by problems moving goods from Asian factories to American front doors

The Biden administration is struggling to ease congestion in the nation’s freight system, as mounting backlogs threaten to dash the president’s hopes for a smooth economic recovery with higher prices and spot product shortages.

The worst choke point is in Southern California at the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, where 62 container ships carrying toys, electronics, furniture and other goods lie at anchor waiting for an unloading berth. The floating queue, virtually unknown before the coronavirus pandemic upended global supply chains, has doubled since mid-August.

Onshore, docks and railroad terminals are jammed with shipping containers amid an epic buying spree by companies racing to keep pace with consumer demand. Trucking companies and warehouses complain they can’t find enough workers to keep freight moving, leaving Americans waiting for products such as Honda auto parts, Lands' End clothing, Fancy Feast cat food and Peloton exercise gear.

Between the Border, the Fence, Afghanistan, NATO relationships, Russia, China, Taiwan, NK, Iran, Employment and the Economy... Hasn't Joe "Fixed" Enough?

ProLifePatriot

That's Buydens great kill the country better plan for ya.

Attachments

• 239930806_10223594256678166_5817526814626159548_n.jpg
    239930806_10223594256678166_5817526814626159548_n.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 142

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I a may ...

Biden administration struggles to fix ailing supply chain as holiday season looms

Recovery buffeted by problems moving goods from Asian factories to American front doors

The Biden administration is struggling to ease congestion in the nation’s freight system, as mounting backlogs threaten to dash the president’s hopes for a smooth economic recovery with higher prices and spot product shortages.

The worst choke point is in Southern California at the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, where 62 container ships carrying toys, electronics, furniture and other goods lie at anchor waiting for an unloading berth. The floating queue, virtually unknown before the coronavirus pandemic upended global supply chains, has doubled since mid-August.

Onshore, docks and railroad terminals are jammed with shipping containers amid an epic buying spree by companies racing to keep pace with consumer demand. Trucking companies and warehouses complain they can’t find enough workers to keep freight moving, leaving Americans waiting for products such as Honda auto parts, Lands' End clothing, Fancy Feast cat food and Peloton exercise gear.

Between the Border, the Fence, Afghanistan, NATO relationships, Russia, China, Taiwan, NK, Iran, Employment and the Economy... Hasn't Joe "Fixed" Enough?
Just blowing in the wind, is he. Like most things in life, there is no instance gratification, except maybe in, masturbation. Only so many ships can dock at one time at these ports. Only so many containers can be unloaded at a time. Only so many trucks are available at any one time. Only so many longshoreman, crane operators, truck drivers, are available at any given moment. The only thing that will alleviate the backlog, is time. And possibly, if they stop with these BS masks and shot, (illegal), mandates. That most likely would help a smiggin.

Reactions: TPD

herb749

If I a may ...

Just blowing in the wind, is he. Like most things in life, there is no instance gratification, except maybe in, masturbation. Only so many ships can dock at one time at these ports. Only so many containers can be unloaded at a time. Only so many trucks are available at any one time. Only so many longshoreman, crane operators, truck drivers, are available at any given moment. The only thing that will alleviate the backlog, is time. And possibly, if they stop with these BS masks and shot, (illegal), mandates. That most likely would help a smiggin.

I was reading some articles on the CA oil spill that was caused by a ships anchor being dragged. Some of the comments gave some inside. Some believe its a port/union squabble. Then truck drivers waiting hours for a container while only one crane is operating and the other is idle. It also took them some time to get extended hours at the port. More port/union squabble.

Hijinx

Life has taught me that the hardest things to fix are the things I fugged up myself.

Biden will find this out also.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
The supply chain has been backed up for months and they have done nothing, nada, to fix it up until this point.

This IS a problem this administration has created.

A friend of mine posted yesterday that they noticed a shortage and I mentioned the ships waiting to unload at the docks on the east and west coast. I told them I have had luck buying items in bulk online that are not found in the stores and I divide them up and send the extras to my kids. It has been predicted that this situation will get worse this winter.

This is the problem though.... these Democrats don't think this is any big deal...

Of course my rotten ass MIL who is a mutual friend and who I believe saw my posting posted this... this morning.

Well in listening to our beloved talking heads, I see they are trying to put in place a wonderful situation of hoarding. Keep listening and let's see how long it takes this to play out. Come on asses work your dismal pessimisitic magic on the nation. Stir it up.

:rolleyes:

These crazies think by talking about the break down this administration created with our supply chain isn't the reality. My MIL doesn't do any of the shopping so her crazy ass wouldn't know what is or isn't in the store. She sits around with her fake made up illness and wants sympathy making herself a prisoner in her own home.

Yeah - ranting a bit.

With crazy people in charge, who knows if or when this crap will get worked out. Unload the ships already.

Last edited:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
These crazies think by talking about the break down this administration created with our supply chain isn't the reality. My MIL doesn't do any of the shopping so her crazy ass wouldn't know what is or isn't in the store.
What I'm finding odd is the empty shelves of local or US products, like dairy. I haven't seen light cream on the shelf in Giant for weeks, and that's not dependent on container ships. This pic was taken on 9/25 and some products are back, but not much.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The supply chain has been backed up for months and they have done nothing, nada, to fix it up until this point.

This IS a problem this administration has created.

A friend of mine posted yesterday that they noticed a shortage and I mentioned the ships waiting to unload at the docks on the east and west coast. I told them I have had luck buying items in bulk online that are not found in the stores and I divide them up and send the extras to my kids. It has been predicted that this situation will get worse this winter.

This is the problem though.... these Democrats don't think this is any big deal...

Of course my rotten ass MIL who is a mutual friend and who I believe saw my posting posted this... this morning.

Well in listening to our beloved talking heads, I see they are trying to put in place a wonderful situation of hoarding. Keep listening and let's see how long it takes this to play out. Come on asses work your dismal pessimisitic magic on the nation. Stir it up.

:rolleyes:

These crazies think by talking about the break down this administration created with our supply chain isn't the reality. My MIL doesn't do any of the shopping so her crazy ass wouldn't know what is or isn't in the store. She sits around with her fake made up illness and wants sympathy making herself a prisoner in her own home.

Yeah - ranting a bit.

With crazy people in charge, who knows if or when this crap will get worked out. Unload the ships already.
Why don't you unfriend her?