Biden administration struggles to fix ailing supply chain

Crabcake42

For anyone still following, here is a non hysterical post from last year, remember when we couldn’t even buy yeast?

…But the supply chain!

Fools

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Seriously? Southwest is the only major carrier who uses point-to-point, every other carrier uses hub and spoke. How do you think they keep fares so low? Like seriously, why are they usually 20% cheaper than American or United? They handle their traffic fundamentally differently

That still doesn't explain why they'd be the only airline all hosed up, unless you are saying that they have their own personal airports and ATC that serve no other airlines.

To throw your question back at you, if there was a massive uprising of pilots refusing to get vaxxed, how was it resolved in 5 days (vax mandate still there) and every other airline who also has a vax mandate had no delays.

I'm guessing other flight crews were called in for Southwest, and other airlines didn't have flight crews objecting to the mandates.

But I see you did admit that no other airline had delays, so that's progress on your journey to truth. :yay:

Crabcake42

That still doesn't explain why they'd be the only airline all hosed up, unless you are saying that they have their own personal airports and ATC that serve no other airlines.

I'm guessing other flight crews were called in for Southwest, and other airlines didn't have flight crews objecting to the mandates.

But I see you did admit that no other airline had delays, so that's progress on your journey to truth. :yay:

Look, I get for this forum full of tards like rose red and that woman who has a marine husband you have to lean into the stupid.

But really, you get the difference between point to point and hub and spoke. Like, really, you get that it is different I terms of air traffic.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
What Weather Events affected SW Flights

:sshrug:

No On Has Been Able To Point To ANY WEATHER EVENTS as a cause of the disruption

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Interesting article on the news... there are private companies like Aurora that have invested heavily in autonomous trucks, and are currently using them between Houston and Dallas.
The trucks still require two attendants in the cab, but as the tech matures, they could disappear, making a driver completely moot. Convert to electric, and there will be no restriction in CA, or anywhere else.

Clem72

Truby is en EXPERT on Air Line Operation .. and believes the SW Press Releases

I once had one leg of my Southwest flight cancelled stranding me in Colorado springs for a day. They "cancelled for weather", meanwhile every other aircraft took off that day from Southwest and the other carriers (I know, I sat there and watched while I was trying to go standby).

The lady at the counter told me they had only 13 ticketed seats on that flight, but they aren't allowed to cancel flights for being undersold.....

Clem72

Interesting article on the news... there are private companies like Aurora that have invested heavily in autonomous trucks, and are currently using them between Houston and Dallas.
The trucks still require two attendants in the cab, but as the tech matures, they could disappear, making a driver completely moot. Convert to electric, and there will be no restriction in CA, or anywhere else.

Autonomous trucks require two drivers (attendants, whatever) when regular trucks only need one? Sounds like a job creating solution. When can we get our autonomous cabs with two cabbies for twice the stink?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Another one bites the dust.....

Gotta admire her tenacity. Goes full stupid..gets canned..returns to spread more stupid. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Truby ---->
Forum

PeoplesElbow

Southwest only has a single type of aircraft to manage, 737, which is also a fairly cheap one to operate vs bigger aircraft.

PeoplesElbow

Seriously? Southwest is the only major carrier who uses point-to-point, every other carrier uses hub and spoke. How do you think they keep fares so low? Like seriously, why are they usually 20% cheaper than American or United? They handle their traffic fundamentally differently

So it’s cheaper because there is no slack, but that also means that any disruption causes massive impacts, higher volatility.

To throw your question back at you, if there was a massive uprising of pilots refusing to get vaxxed, how was it resolved in 5 days (vax mandate still there) and every other airline who also has a vax mandate had no delays.

It’s their business model, southwest is cheaper because they run a schedule with no room for disruption.
This blows holes into your bullshit.

black dog

Free America
Look, I get for this forum full of tards like rose red and that woman who has a marine husband you have to lean into the stupid.

But really, you get the difference between point to point and hub and spoke. Like, really, you get that it is different I terms of air traffic.

Understand that Southwest often uses a rolling hub with serving 103 north America citys a standard hub is not a good fit for them with most citys they serve.
In north America Delta serves twice that many citys, with that the more addressees one serves the better hubs work.
Think how expensive shipping packages with buses, trucking, planes, minivan and so would be without hubs.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Regular gas is $3.20/gal at Callaway Shell, and today is 5 cents off day.

I'm so happy we have a President that doesn't tweet things.

LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Saturday morning it was $3.29/gal. By late afternoon, it was back down to $3.25/gal.