Biden Articles of Impeachment

SamSpade

These are going nowhere. I think we've entered a new era of politics where vain efforts to dislodge an elected official will ALWAYS result in the opposition seeking to unseat them by recalls or articles of impeachment.

I'm not a lawyer nor do I pretend to be one - as almost every political talking head on TV claims to be - but it seems to me that politics aside (since there's no way a Democratic Congress will impeach Biden even if he personally commits murder on national TV) - don't you have to be guilty of "treason, bribery or other high crimes and misdemeanours" - not just simply wholly and completely mentally dysfunctional? Or just visibly bad at your job?

I did really think that the Dems wanted the White House so badly, they were willing to push Joe in a wheelchair across the finish line, just to get in. And I did think there were just SO many in the press whose ideological leanings were SO skewed, they dismissed his mental incapacity as inconsequential, a triviality that simply accompanies AGE and could be managed.

It's becoming increasingly clear that - they ALL KNEW. They all knew he could only last for moments before losing control of his bowels, forgetting what he is doing and idiotically revealing that others are telling him what to say, who to talk to and where to go. Unlike the historic case of the Roman Praetorian Guard trying to prop up seemingly feeble, demented Claudius so they could be the true power (which turned out badly for them, because Claudiius was quite brilliant and merely suffered from seizures, may have been epileptic and was merely crippled - not feeble) - this is an ACTUAL example of kingmakers in Washington pulling the strings of a man who can't be allowed to answer questions that haven't been scripted for him to answer - where incredulously a press secretary will blame a FOREIGN HEAD OF STATE for talking to his own press for the reason the President was yanked away before answering questions.

WHO ON EARTH STILL HAS FAITH in this man? Why?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's becoming increasingly clear that - they ALL KNEW. They all knew he could only last for moments before losing control of his bowels, forgetting what he is doing and idiotically revealing that others are telling him what to say, who to talk to and where to go.

Which then raises the question: why Joe? They have any number of useful idiots at their disposal who will enthusiastically push their political agenda without question; who are attractive and charismatic, well spoken....

Wait....no they don't. Democrat politicians are largely shrill, rude, ignorant, and abusive. Bootyjudge was probably the most superficially appealing and obedient of the 2020 D crowd, and he came across as a kid playing dress-up.

So they polished the turd that is Joe Biden, kept him away from the cameras and microphones as much as they possibly could, stationed his wife by him at all times in case he started going south, and here we are.

Last edited:
Reactions: BOP

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Which then begs the question: why Joe? They have any number of useful idiots at their disposal who will enthusiastically push their political agenda without question; who are attractive and charismatic, well spoken....

Wait....no they don't. Democrat politicians are largely shrill, rude, ignorant, and abusive. Bootyjudge was probably the most superficially appealing and obedient of the 2020 D crowd, and he came across as a kid playing dress-up.

So they polished the turd that is Joe Biden, kept him away from the cameras and microphones as much as they possibly could, stationed his wife by him at all times in case he started going south, and here we are.
Old white man.

SamSpade

Which then begs the question:

Aaaa! And you were doing so well with using the word "jibe" (way I remember - the "cut of his 'jib'" ).

"Begging the question" is actually a STATEMENT that assumes its premise. As in, that movie is popular because everyone is going to see it.
"Raising the question" is what most people MEAN when they use beg the question.

Sorry - another one of those things that sticks in my craw.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Aaaa! And you were doing so well with using the word "jibe" (way I remember - the "cut of his 'jib'" ).

"Begging the question" is actually a STATEMENT that assumes its premise. As in, that movie is popular because everyone is going to see it.

There, I fixed it.

:lol:

Hijinx

I'm not a lawyer nor do I pretend to be one - as almost every political talking head on TV claims to be - but it seems to me that politics aside (since there's no way a Democratic Congress will impeach Biden even if he personally commits murder on national TV) - don't you have to be guilty of "treason, bribery or other high crimes and misdemeanours" - not just simply wholly and completely mentally dysfunctional? Or just visibly bad at your job?

Sorry Sam but IMO it would be no problem whatsoever to prove Bribery, as we know from Hunter's laptop that The Big Man got paid off from Hunter's using him to get tons of cash.
We could prove Treason from his giving 81 billion dollars of Americans weapons and vehicles to the Taliban.
High crimes and misdemeanors?? How about "fixing" an election.

He could use his mental condition as his defense.

BOP

Begging the question actually means both. In fact, the current, common meaning is that a question begs to be asked, has overtaken the classical meaning, which is a logical fallacy.

For instance, the other day on my timeline, Melissa Chen posted a story about a young man (15 yrs.) who somehow got a usb cable stuck in his penis. That pretty much begs the question [to be asked] "why?" Actually, it begs several questions, including the ever-important "how?" Not to mention "have you done this before?"

Oh, there's thread around here about the incident.

SamSpade

Begging the question actually means both.

Technically, only because that's language. It changes based on how people use it, not based on how it originates.

If you look at some word etymologies, you'd be amused - for example, manufacture means to make by hand, in the Latin - but that's not how we use it nowadays. "Delapidated" means "de-stoned" - a stone structure that is crumbling. "Conversation" means to turn about, and until Shakespeare's time generally meant "behavior", hence its use in the Bible admonishing upright conversation.

There's also the way it is flubbed up - for example, Lewis Carroll wrote in the Alice books, "the proof's in the pudding!" which made his juvenile readers LAUGH because the expression is, "the proof of the pudding is in the eating of it" - but people USE the idiotic first version, which makes no sense. Which was his point. There's lots of phrases and idioms we use that make NO SENSE, or make no sense in our culture. For example, "spitting image". It comes from an expression indicating that a child looked so much like a parent, he could have just been spitten from his mouth - a duplicate. Well we don't say that anymore, but we use the phrase.

One of my favorite twists in language is "great minds think alike" but the rest of it goes "and fools seldom differ". It is not a commendation for thinking like someone else and therefore, both must be brilliant - it's a warning that you could just as easily be very stupid.

I have little doubt that one day, it will be accepted to use "jive" instead of "jibe". That's just the way it goes.

Reactions: BOP

BOP

Technically, only because that's language. It changes based on how people use it, not based on how it originates.

If you look at some word etymologies, you'd be amused - for example, manufacture means to make by hand, in the Latin - but that's not how we use it nowadays. "Delapidated" means "de-stoned" - a stone structure that is crumbling. "Conversation" means to turn about, and until Shakespeare's time generally meant "behavior", hence its use in the Bible admonishing upright conversation.

There's also the way it is flubbed up - for example, Lewis Carroll wrote in the Alice books, "the proof's in the pudding!" which made his juvenile readers LAUGH because the expression is, "the proof of the pudding is in the eating of it" - but people USE the idiotic first version, which makes no sense. Which was his point. There's lots of phrases and idioms we use that make NO SENSE, or make no sense in our culture. For example, "spitting image". It comes from an expression indicating that a child looked so much like a parent, he could have just been spitten from his mouth - a duplicate. Well we don't say that anymore, but we use the phrase.

One of my favorite twists in language is "great minds think alike" but the rest of it goes "and fools seldom differ". It is not a commendation for thinking like someone else and therefore, both must be brilliant - it's a warning that you could just as easily be very stupid.

I have little doubt that one day, it will be accepted to use "jive" instead of "jibe". That's just the way it goes.
Your right about that.