Biden Attacked Texas Governor For Signing Law Letting Churchgoers Carry Guns: ‘Totally Irrational’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“Dealing with firearms, it is irrational, with all due respect to the governor of Texas, irrational what they are doing,” Biden told reporters on September 2. “On the very day you see a mass shooting … and we’re talking about loosening access to have guns, to be able to take them into places of worship, it’s just absolutely irrational. It’s totally irrational.”

Biden continued, saying that any weapon that was capable of carrying “magazines that can hold multiple bullets” should be banned – which is nearly all firearms.

Later asked if there could be any compromises with Republicans on the issue, Biden responded, “None. None on this. I think this is no compromise. This is one we have to just push, and push, and push, and push, and push.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/bide...ing-churchgoers-carry-guns-totally-irrational

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Gates quote about Biden always being on the wrong side still lives on in Creepy Joe.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
"If you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door."

Fantastic Legal Advice from the VP, isnt' it?

Spitfire

Greetings:

I don’t know much about this law of which Biden speaks, but why would the governor need to sign a law to allow firearms be allowed in a church? Assuming one is properly licensed (though I a question the need for government permission to do something guaranteed by the 2nd A, but can’t put toothpaste back in the tube as they say), why isn’t permission from the church to come to church armed good enough? I can grant permission to enter my house if you’re armed, why can’t a church?

Churches are granted tax breaks, does that blur the lines between private and public property insofar as this is concerned?

glhs837

Power with Control
Evidently the previous law was not very clear.

Firearms in places of worship
Senate Bill 535 clarifies the possession of firearms at churches, synagogues or other places of worship. It allows licensed handgun owners to legally carry their weapons in places of worship -- and comes nearly two years after a gunman killed 26 people at Sutherland Springs church.
"We have learned many times over that there is no such thing as a gun free zone. Those with evil intentions will violate the law and carry out their heinous acts no matter what," state Sen. Donna Campbell, co-sponsor of the bill, said in a statement. "It makes no sense to disarm the good guys and leave law-abiding citizens defenseless where violent offenders break the law to do great harm."
The bill will make things clearer, she said.
"The existing statute is confusing and clunky when it comes to clearly stating the rights of licensed Texans to carry on the premises of a church. This bill provides clarity of the Legislature's intent to treat churches in the same manner as other privately owned establishments in Texas."

black dog

Free America
Greetings:

I don’t know much about this law of which Biden speaks, but why would the governor need to sign a law to allow firearms be allowed in a church? Assuming one is properly licensed (though I a question the need for government permission to do something guaranteed by the 2nd A, but can’t put toothpaste back in the tube as they say), why isn’t permission from the church to come to church armed good enough? I can grant permission to enter my house if you’re armed, why can’t a church?

Churches are granted tax breaks, does that blur the lines between private and public property insofar as this is concerned?

Some States have laws that a citizen with paperwork cannot carry in a church because the church has a school in it.
Even though its private property having a school over rides carrying a firearm. With the amount of churches now having in house security some of theses type laws are coming to light. And with that, Pro gun states are starting to make changes with their laws the last few years.

Toxick

Splat
Personally, I think that arming religious zealots in the first place is an insane idea.

This is how it starts. Bringing armed citizens into churches, next thing you know we're flying planes into the sides of buildings. ****ing christians are all psychopaths.