Biden calls for Violence Against Republicans

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden Suggests Starting ‘Physical Revolution’ To Deal With Republicans

"Joy, I know you're one of the ones who thinks it's naive to think we have to work together," Biden responded. "The fact of the matter is if we can't get a consensus, nothing happens except the abuse of power by the executive."

"There are certain things where it just takes a brass knuckle fight," Biden continued, later adding: "Let’s start a real physical revolution if you’re talking about it."

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Those babies we see needing a safe place? Yeah, right.

Then again, they're bullies, and bullies will give it their all until they start losing. THEN they need that safe place.

Hijinx

You start it Joe, We will finish it.

Of course Biden was using the bare knuckles term in a rhetorical way,
the same with the physical battle term. It was political verbiage and garbage.

This_person

Ok, let’s listen to this in context...he is doing the OPPOSITE of what is being claimed. He’s calling for consensus. He’s saying, “if you don’t want consensus, why not just go do these other stupid things?”

He absolutely made the statement about “behind the gym” with the clear and obvious intent to imply physical altercation. He is doing the opposite here.

Let’s not go all Acosta and misrepresent his statement here. He is far more than stupid and wrong enough to address what he says without misleading on this one

Toxick

Splat

Clem72

I don't know the context for the second quote, but a "real brass knuckle fight" is a phrase I have heard many times, and never meant an actual physical altercation. Like how the word "literally" is used all the time for things that aren't literal.

How often has Trump used a euphemism or turn of phrase where we all know what he meant (and it conveyed his point appropriately) just to have people jump all over the literal meaning of the phrase and take it out of context.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
How often has Trump used a euphemism or turn of phrase where we all know what he meant (and it conveyed his point appropriately) just to have people jump all over the literal meaning of the phrase and take it out of context.

So what does this "euphemism" mean? "“Let’s start a real physical revolution if you’re talking about it”

Clem72

So what does this "euphemism" mean? "“Let’s start a real physical revolution if you’re talking about it”

Goddamn it Gurps. Did you read the very first sentence of my post where I said I don't know about that statement or the context.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Goddamn it Gurps. Did you read the very first sentence of my post where I said I don't know about that statement or the context.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't know the context for the second quote, but a "real brass knuckle fight" is a phrase I have heard many times, and never meant an actual physical altercation.

This was my first thought: meh, it's just a figure of speech. But then he goes on to specify "a physical revolution", and that clarifies it.

This isn't Joe's first rodeo with violent language and physical threats. He's expressed a desire to beat up our President before, and that was explicit, no waving it away as rhetoric. Add to that Mad Max and other prominent Democrats saying to get in people's face and let them know they're not welcome in public, and the actual attacks on people wearing Trump hats, and it adds up to the Dem Party being a pack of violent thugs that something needs to be done about.

This_person

"If you start off with the notion there's nothing you can do, then why don't you go home, man? Or, let's start a real physical revolution if you're going to talk about it?"

If you start off with a bad idea, then why not give up, or do something stupid.

He then goes on to say that we have to fix things WITHIN OUR SYSTEM.

It's clear he's saying a real physical revolution is a bad idea, not a good one.

This_person

This was my first thought: meh, it's just a figure of speech. But then he goes on to specify "a physical revolution", and that clarifies it.

This isn't Joe's first rodeo with violent language and physical threats. He's expressed a desire to beat up our President before, and that was explicit, no waving it away as rhetoric. Add to that Mad Max and other prominent Democrats saying to get in people's face and let them know they're not welcome in public, and the actual attacks on people wearing Trump hats, and it adds up to the Dem Party being a pack of violent thugs that something needs to be done about.
He's an idiot who can't speak well. He clearly expressed the desire to TRY to beat up the president, and the overall rhetoric from the left is so bad we have people shooting up our Congressman while they're just out playing baseball. I don't see the right doing that to the left.

But, piss-poor speaking ability or not, it's clear he is NOT calling for a physical revolution here. He's calling that a bad idea.