Biden campaign faces backlash for TV ad depicting Michigan tech CEO as struggling bar owner

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The Biden team is under fire for releasing a TV campaign ad last week depicting a Michigan bar owner struggling to keep his business afloat during the pandemic.

What the ad fails to mention is the man is actually a wealthy tech investor who made contributions to the former vice president’s campaign. He also supported Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's stay-at-home orders that kept businesses shuttered longer.

The ad, which was posted to YouTube on Thursday and aired Sunday on CBS during NFL games, features Joe Malcoun, who is listed as the “co-owner” of The Blind Pig, a once-popular bar and music venue in Ann Arbor, Mich. Malcoun blamed his business’ economic downturn on President Trump’s COVID-19 response.

:lmao:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
He also supported Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's stay-at-home orders that kept businesses shuttered longer.

Malcoun blamed his business’ economic downturn on President Trump’s COVID-19 response.

He supported Whitmer stay at home orders .... Whitmer kept his business closes, but some it is Trumps Fault

Grumpy

... and aired Sunday on CBS during NFL games,

There was another ad that had a military vet going off on the out of context Trump comments on the military. The dirtbag known as Ted Lieu musta wrote that campaign ad, or maybe it was Vintman in disguise..

Grumpy

I guess that is why I didn't see the ad. I don't watch the NFL any more.
Unamerican bass turds.
You're a better man than me, Sundays are for football and up until 5 or so years ago (after 50 odd years of watching), I could name all the starters on d and o and backups for the skins. I watch the games on Sunday now but don't read a lick about them. I can't really name 5 starters for the skins nowadays. Was a diehard Nats fan (and Os/Senators before) and didn't watch an inning of any game this year, same goes for Cappies. I don't understand the mindset of the commissioners / owners how they allow politics to enter into an entertainment event. I don't think it would be that hard to tell the players that they are welcome to speak their mind outside of their chosen sport but not during a game day/event. Frankly, I would love to see every league crash and all the players go back to having to work in the off-season..:lol: Yeah, like thats gonna happen. :sshrug:

Hijinx

I was at Walmarts the other day and saw NFL shirts for sale that said Washingtons team.
I laughed when I went by. I would guess most of them are still there.
I can't figure who would buy one.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The man, Joe Malcoun, claims the bar he co-owns, the Blind Pig, is struggling due to President Donald Trump’s COVID-19 response. But as the Washington Free Beacon reported, Malcoun is actually a “wealthy tech investor whose startup was seeded by a large family inheritance.”

Further, it’s unlikely that Malcoun would lose his livelihood due to the coronavirus pandemic. In 2018, the Free Beacon reported, Malcoun was interviewed on a local NBC affiliate called Click on Detroit. In the interview, Malcoun explains how he received a large inheritance from his wife’s grandfather nearly a decade ago, an inheritance he said was “almost like winning the lottery.” He used that money to become a prominent “angel investor” in Michigan.

“Usually you become a CEO and you make money, and then the money allows you to become an angel investor first,” he said in the 2018 interview. “I happened to have different circumstances where I had money [first].”

SamSpade

Why do these people think the truth will never come out? Does it even matter to them? Because they know their mindless bots will never see the story?

Because it only has to be believed until the election. After that, it doesn't matter.

Remember Harry Reid's smug reply when it became clear - after the election - that Romney DID in fact, pay his taxes and Reid's claim he hadn't paid them in 10 years was shown to be a lie - he smirked and said "he didn't WIN, did he?".

Remember that Congressman - back around 2007-8 who smirked that the big House takeover in '06 was because they implied they'd end the Iraq War - even though they really had no intention of it?

Remember Jonathan Gruber who said that they DEPENDED on the STUPIDITY of the American voter - to get Obamacare passed?

The lie only has to be believed LONG enough for them to win.

And if Biden wins, we won't hear another word about China, or Ukraine, or Russia or any of the corruption running through the Biden family.

SamSpade

One thing overall that I can't believe we have such idiots on any side of the political aisle ---

This thing is worldwide. Maybe to you it's just happening HERE, in the United States, but it's SO freaking worldwide that within a few short months it was in Greenland; the Falkland Islands; the Himalayas; pretty much every island in the Caribbean and the South Pacific - actually, EVERYWHERE.

Oh - except North Korea. Not even ONE case. We should do what THEY did.

You cannot STOP this virus, the best you can do is treat it and possibly slow it down. Develop a vaccine. Protect the sick. I think the most absurd political point I have heard in my life is Biden's claim if he'd been in charge, no one would have died from it. But we cannot STOP it utterly. It does get through.

When I hear man in the street remarks like "Trump has done a terrible job with the COVID" I'd like to ask - "what should he have done? Mandate a federal requirement on masks? You realize at BEST, it might slow it down?". Remember "flatten the curve?". Trump DID that. He mobilized this nation the likes of which hasn't been seen in decades - but people will still die from it. Trying to blame him for COVID deaths is like blaming him for rain and snow. It IS going to happen.

SamSpade

there will be plenty of hearings on Trump ' Corruption '

No there won't. Like Trump with Hillary - it will be over. The people on the left aren't the slightest concerned about "justice" and "rooting out corruption". Once they get the win, they're done.

And the vaccines that Trump RUSHED through? They'll be declared ok - even after being "rushed".

herb749

No there won't. Like Trump with Hillary - it will be over. The people on the left aren't the slightest concerned about "justice" and "rooting out corruption". Once they get the win, they're done.

And the vaccines that Trump RUSHED through? They'll be declared ok - even after being "rushed".

But the perception will be its all gone until people still get the flu & die. But then they will just give it another name and people will be back to dying from cancer & not a virus.

SkylarkTempest

Oh - except North Korea. Not even ONE case. We should do what THEY did.

No, but South Korea's response has been overwhelmingly successful. They learned the lessons from their last outbreak - MERS, I believe. They developed sophisticated contact tracing protocols and used shutdowns in a responsible, strategic way. The population properly understood the potential threat and responded accordingly. We could learn a lot from countries that are more experienced in dealing with health crises like these.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Well Whitmer is in fact keeping him closed, so there’s that. But why let facts get in y’all’s (sic) way.
And he FULLY supports Whitmer's shut downs, sooo there's that little nugget to further erode this douchecanoes "bold' statement.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When I hear man in the street remarks like "Trump has done a terrible job with the COVID" I'd like to ask - "what should he have done? Mandate a federal requirement on masks? You realize at BEST, it might slow it down?".

I don't want to ask them anything because I know they're just parroting what they hear on the TV. Honestly, I've given up asking these people, "Why do you say that?" because they bumble and fumble and mutter, then they get mad and start calling me names because they don't have an answer.